Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brass Attitude

Boolit Master
    At the range I used the most when I was growing up,used to find the usual suspects..38/.357,45acp,45 Colt 30/06 .243 and ect.BUT about once a month,I would find a nice pile of about 200 .50 BMG brass.None of the links though.All nice and shiny.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

In late 60's, early 70's, I shot bullseye against the 4th AMU at the old Caddo rifle & Pistol range just outside of Shreveport, La. They, 4th AMU, would leave excess 45 ammo and all the expended brass. That is where I got most of the GI 50 cal cans and 90% of the brass. It's a shame I cannot go back in time and make like a "chicken pickin up corn" to replenish my stash.

When I used to shoot at a public range in the national forest, there would be non-shooters whose sole reason for being there was to take brass to sell for scrap. One older lady would almost knock you down to get the empties. Don't know how many times I had to tell her and another guy to leave my stuff alone.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 6622729 View Post
    It's interesting the difference in attitude regarding brass between being a non-reloader and a reloader. When I'm shooting my reloads, I want my brass back. I'll search quite a while to find that lost case. They've been cleaned, inspected, sized, loaded and form fired in my gun.

I recently joined a local gun club and have been surprised and excited by all of the brass I've been picking up for free. Once fired 223 and 9mm mostly, both of which I use, just laying there on the ground. I see those cases on the ground and see gold! The guy who shot them just sees trash and he can't even be bothered to pick up after himself. Thank you!
    I'm 'that guy' with a bag scarfing up brass from the brass buckets for setting up at the bench. I'm sure some people wonder. . .

The most annoying thing is peering in the trash (right next to the brass bucket) and finding 10s or 100s of pieces of rifle brass. I've pullet the whole trash bag out of the barrel to recover them before. If you don't reload, at least be decent enough to dump the dust pan in the bucket instead of the trash!

Boolit Mold
    MY range master picks up the brass and sells it cheap to hlp pay bills .

by cheap im talking a 5 gallon bucket of 223 for $100

seems to be a lot not picked up here . He saves the few Weatherby cases he finds for me .