Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington 572 Field Master

Boolit Master

Don't rule out the Remington 550. It's an auto but will shoot anything you put in it and in any order. Accurate too.

Boolit Buddy
    My 572 was made in 1973, my last year in the USN. A guy bought it brand new as a gift for his father who never shot it. I paid him $200.00 for it even though that was more than he paid for for it new. It's got nice wood, a super trigger and it kills squirrels like it's mad at them. I put a 3x9x32 .22 scope on it and installed sling swivels. Best $200.00 I have ever spent.

358 Win

Boolit Buddy
    The only 22 RF's I have are a Win Mod 62A and a Mossberg 22 mag. Love to play with my mod 62A no and then but eye's are going bad for open sight's so it's hard for me to shoot well. If I were to get another 22 RF it would be a Rem 541S if I could find one. Damn that was a beautiful rifle!

Boolit Buddy
    Henry offers a hammer pump in 22lr.

Boolit Master
    I had the Daisy version as a kid, I have had a hankering for the adult one but the vault is full.
    Leadmelter

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remington 572 field Master 22 CB Short crow 4-24-2014.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	174227

I have killed a lot of squirrels and coons with a 572 with CCI CB shorts. It was my go to 22 for years.
    I had a problem shooting straight up.
    I switched to the Winchester 61, that is slightly more reliable straight up with shorts.

Rigged this one up for my Father to get rabbits eating Mothers flowers at night.

He gave up on that project awhile back and it's my go to for knocking out armadillos tearing up the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Semi autos won't cycle with the quiet ammo.
    I have a remington I don't remember what model semi auto(its in my basement safe i will post the model # on here in the AM that shoots anything you can feed it and it has accounted for many a gray using CB caps and it cycles just fine. GD
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Master
    Don't rule out a Rem 121, collectors haven't discovered them yet. Mine shoots as tight as any open sighted 22 I've ever had. All steel and walnut too
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    ...it's my go to for knocking out armadillos tearing up the yard.
    I hiked into a an ocean village in Mexico, Zipolite, in 1972. We were hungry and a hunter sold an armadillo to someone who cooked and had a picnic bench. Now armadillos are an expensive delicacy.

I never have eaten one, after they were linked to the leprosy out break in FL, I don't even touch them with bare hands.

Banned

Rigged this one up for my Father to get rabbits eating Mothers flowers at night.

He gave up on that project awhile back and it's my go to for knocking out armadillos tearing up the yard.

A set up like this with quiet ammo would be useful for someone who lives in the sticks. We have a problem coon now and then. This would be a good score settler for them.

Name:	Palomino07.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	174328
    Had a seventies model. Shot okay but the forearm rattle warned a lot of squirrels. Amazing how loud it was in a quiet stretch of woods. Picked up a Mossberg Palomino that's been my favorite for years.

Name:	9 pound coon 9-24-2013.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	174659
    I got 13 coons in 2013 with a Rem pump and CB shorts. Aim for the brain, unless they are in a lone tree.

Boolit Master

High Standard made a nice pump action 22, I have the Sears, JC Higgins version the model 33. It is a nice gun and pretty accurate( minute of a squirrel). Tim

Boolit Master
    After trying everything else I stoked my Remington 341 with Aguila Colibri. Knocked about a dozen raccoons off the deck by the end of the summer.
    I'd bet it it shoots as good now as it did back in the 30s.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    I had 572, it was the centennial model,1967 I think. I should have kept it I guess but I never really liked it. The Hi-Standard Sport King is a good rifle and are not expensive yet. I picked up a couple of the Sears versions cheep enough to use for parts if necessary.

The Remington 550 is one of the best if you find one that's not worn out. I traded one off a nice one about two years ago, for some reason they don't bring a lot of money, maybe because they made a load of them.

I bought Ruger 10/22 not long ago at Dick's Sporting Goods for 199.95. I haven't shot it a lot yet but I am beginning to think I should bought one a long tine ago.

The one 22 rifle that I regret letting go was a Winchester 310 single shot that I bought new in the mid 70's.

Dave

Banned

Wife and I were just out and about and dropped into my favorite pawn shop in town and a dirt cheap Sears 3T (I think it's some flavor of Winchester. 190????) that was touted to handle shorts, longs or long rifles. It is in real bad need of a deep cleaning, but I loaded three of the CCI quiet loads that worked well on a varmint situation at close range in my bolt gun and it functioned with them, though they are not as quiet as the old short CB caps used to be. Gonna disassemble and clean this one, mount some kind of a scope with illuminated reticle and I think I have my night pest rifle niche taken care of now.

Banned

What is that light rig and where did you get it?

This is it.

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/bsa-opt...FYGFaQod7L8H0w

One pad on each side of the for arm one for the light, the other for the laser.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast