Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucket list...

Boolit Master
    Bucket list
    I have one for cars-- I always Wanted
    67-68-69 Mustang Fastback
    any year AC Cobra
    A win in the lottery is the only way

Another item on the bucket list was a Harley Davidson. I've ridden bikes since 64 when I saved and bought a Cushman Silver Eagle. Since I've had several rice burners, some nice, some dogs but I would never let myself indulge in a Harley since I just couldn't justify spending that money with a wife and kids to raise.
    In 2008 long after our kids were grown and gone the wife drives me to somewhere that she said I could pick my own Christmas present that year.
    Low and behold she pulls up into the parking lot of a Harley dealer. I was 58 by then and all but forgotten about that.
    Well…she checked that one off the list!

I think I'm going to keep her another 38 years.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Perma-Banned
    born a hillbilly, been a hillbilly all my life & I reckon to die a hillbilly but, when i was younger i used to want to be a real live mountain man in the Rockies somewhere. too old & decrepit for that now so guess I'll just stay here in our mountains.

another thing I always wanted to do was visit another planet. but bein' claustrophobic, I would have had to find a worm-hole or space time portal or some such 'cause I never would make it cooped up in a spaceship

Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    born a hillbilly, been a hillbilly all my life & I reckon to die a hillbilly but, when i was younger i used to want to be a real live mountain man in the Rockies somewhere. too old & decrepit for that now so guess I'll just stay here in our mountains.

another thing I always wanted to do was visit another planet. but bein' claustrophobic, I would have had to find a worm-hole or space time portal or some such 'cause I never would make it cooped up in a spaceship
    Bubba you could learn how to 'Remote View' and still go visit another planet and forget about climbing into a 'bottle rocket!'

Boolit Buddy
    I'd like to find myself a real good woman...the last one seemed like the one but turned out to be a nightmare. Go 200 mph just once, I'd like to be the driver but would be passenger if the driver was highly skilled otherwise 85mph is my max anymore I gotta slow down in some ways lol. Move out of NY!

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Bubba you could learn how to 'Remote View' and still go visit another planet and forget about climbing into a 'bottle rocket!'

I think I did a little "remote viewing" back in the 60's .

Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    I think I did a little "remote viewing" back in the 60's .
    Don't feel like you are the Lone Ranger on that one!

I would like to take what I call the grand tour. In the spring 79 I quit a job I hated and told my dad I was going camping and never made it back home.For three months I went all over the Rocky's and out to the west coast. In a way it was one of those trips you took to "find your self". It had to be one of the best things I ever did. I had a 78 f-250 and a topper on it and my goals was to try and not sleep in the same place twice in a row. I got to see things I would never seen and met a lot of different people. I guess I found my self working at a newspaper, I took a job in the press room and have been doing it for 37 years now and hope to retire in three years .

I would like to try and retrace that trip. And I would like to go and revisit all the places I have been. I have the bike I had as a kid and would like to fix it up and take it back to Minn. where I grew up and ride it around the neighborhood I lived as kid.

At work I said when I retire was going to come down to the press room and drink beer till thy kicked me out.

I still have my '78 f-250 and the topper, it would be a real kick in the pooper if I could restore it and use it for the trip. For now I'm just glad I can still keep it running.

The last thing my dad said to me as I was leaving was that every one should have a least one good adventure in there life and if you are lucky you will have two. He said a adventure is a trip were you don't know where you are going or what you are going to do when you get there but you will know when you get there.

I hope in three years to be one lucky SOB!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Fischer View Post
    I would love to go to Africa. Not any town's, out in the bush!
    We're working class people and never made big money but the wife and I dreamed for years about going to Africa to hunt. By being very thrifty and saving we were able go for three weeks last year and loved it.

All I can say is go, go a soon as you can, as soon as you leave there you will want to go back.

I'm trying to find the right moose hunt for the wife after that if things go half way right we'll go back to Africa.

We told our kids we're spending their inheritance.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Master
    No bucket list for me. Last thing I had a serious urge to do was to shoot a bison with a lever action rifle. So I saved my pennies, booked the hunt, and bought a 1895 Winchester in .405.
    Before that it was to hunt the Koyukuk for moose with my son. So I bought a river boat and we went hunting. Both shot nice moose plus he got a black bear as well.

My opinion is to get off my *** and just do it cause life will pass you by if you don't.
    Moving back to Alaska

Boolit Master

I don't want to die until I've had a chance to piss on the graves of all my enemies / people I hate.

O'Bozo... Klinton(s)... Ann Richards... LBJ... Teddy Kennedy... JFK... Lincoln... FDR... Marx... Mao... Lenin... Stalin... Castro... Dianne Feinstein... the local HOA board...

Oh... The list goes on and on... I'm a curmudgeon -- I hate EVERYONE...

I'm feeling dehydrated just thinking about it...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    I don't want to die until I've had a chance to piss on the graves of all my enemies / people I hate.

O'Bozo... Klinton(s)... Ann Richards... LBJ... Teddy Kennedy... JFK... Lincoln... FDR... Marx... Mao... Lenin... Stalin... Castro... Dianne Feinstein... the local HOA board...

Oh... The list goes on and on... I'm a curmudgeon -- I hate EVERYONE...

I'm feeling dehydrated just thinking about it...
    but at least you hate everyone equally!
    you don't play favorites that way!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    LOL, there are a few family members that I have to out live. I won't shed a tear when they pass and I will be doing the same to their graves.

Boolit Master
    I wanted to out live one of my ex-bosses who got me laid off so I would not eventually get his job. He died of a stroke two years back while driving a truck hauling a horse. He pulled over along side of the road while having the stroke, no one was hurt except him. It was a small silly thing on my part but it did finally happened after 8 years.

Every day at my age is a gift and I try to stay busy each day doing something in my shop or office. Still cast and try to shoot each week but lately it has rained so much in Houston I have not shot in 4 weeks. It will be a while so all of the insects die, do not need to feed the bugs at the range, the range has had a lot of rain in the last month.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bstone5 View Post
    Every day at my age is a gift and I try to stay busy each day doing something in my shop or office. Still cast and try to shoot each week but lately it has rained so much in Houston I have not shot in 4 weeks. It will be a while so all of the insects die, do not need to feed the bugs at the range, the range has had a lot of rain in the last month.
    At least your range is still above water. Where I used to shoot is probably 20 ft underwater right now.

Banned

I made a list up of all the stupid stuff I don't want to do in my life. It's like a Bucket List, only spelled slightly different

I think about a bucket list occasionally. Mine isn't too extensive, I've been over 160 mph (on 2 wheels no less) wasn't a BL item at the time but I had to see how fast it would go and what it would be like. Besides, 15,000 rpm in 6th gear sounds pretty cool. I've had a few reasonably fast cars, big block Nova on nitrous was fun.
    These days it's more about the outdoors. I had a back injury 6 years ago next month. Scared me pretty good, was afraid I might not be able to work anymore. Suddenly all I wanted to do is be able to be in the woods.
    I want to learn to fly fish
    I want to actually catch a fish
    I want to shoot a nice cinnamon colored black bear
    I want to spend a month in Yellowstone
    I want to see the Northern lights

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Grand Master

Attention all young folks reading the overdue wishes of us older folks. Take life by the horns and do what you desire while you're still fit enough to enjoy it.

Do not put it on a silly bucket list, and wait for the opportunity to fall in your lap.
    Make it happen soon, or you'll wake up one morning and realize you have missed out while letting life make your choices.
    At that point, all you'll have left are the memories which fade, and the wishes you didn't experience. I'm not bitter about anything I wanted and never did, but there are holes that will never be filled. Memories not made and experiences missed.
    My bucket list Is to get you to realize that any opportunity missed is a chance gone forever.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Moderator Emeritus

Good point mold maker. I am 56 and my back is shot, can't do to much anymore. Just heard last night that a young father we know (45) has stage 4 colon cancer. We also knew another young father (46) who died suddenly of a heart attack from a genetic issue with no warnings. You never know when your number is up. Learn to enjoy the simple things too.

Boolit Grand Master

I always thought of it as doing something you always wanted to do like in a "wish list" but bucket list is a nice short hand term for it. I've been lucky enough to do a number of what I had on mine. Safari in Africa and climbing Kilimanjaro, scuba diving the Caribbean, climbing to the top of Pyramids in Belize, whitewater rafting The Grand Canyon, seeing the Pyramids in Egypt, jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, hang gliding, climbing Katahdin and being the first person in North America to see the sun rise (I was also on top of Kili and was one of 2 to be the first to see the sun rise in Africa) etc but like most there are still several things I have not got to yet.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum