Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: value of Marlin 1894 218 bee

Boolit Mold

value of Marlin 1894 218 bee

Anybody know the ballpark value of said rifle? Its got a crossbolt safety so its a newer. Owner says its around 25 yrs old. Great shape. He's needing to sell and I thought these were older guns. The safety threw me off. Sorry, no pics.

Boolit Master

Sounds like an 1894CL. Does it have a half magazine, 22" barrel and straight grip with a squared off lever? If so, then the time frame referenced is about right.

These Pre-Remlin Marlins are starting to bring a premium and the 218 Bee is probably the rarer of the chamberings of this model so that may mean that it will bring about $1,000 at a guess, perhaps a bit more.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master

Last year I paid $700 for my Ducks Unlimited model made in the 80's. Got 200 pieces of brass with it, and considered it a very good deal.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, its the CL. I forgot to put that in the post.

Boolit Buddy
    I have both the CL 32-20 and the .218 Bee. local gun shop had the Bee last year priced like it was a .22 long rifle. they didn't know what they had. I olmost broke My arm getting to the wallet. The Bee's usually go for $700 and up if it is good condition. Great rifles.

Boolit Master
    I had CL's in 218 , 25-20 and a pair of 32-20's . And I sold all of them for over $800 each about 6 or 7 years ago .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

$1000 would be a good starting point. Some may sell for a little less and some a little more.

Boolit Master
    I sold a very nice one on Gun broker last year and it only brought $650. I got more for a Winchester 9422 magnum around the same time.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead and bought it. I got a 336, 95 vintage and the Bee, 91 vintage, both in immaculate condition. Paid $900 for the pair. Kinda stupid cause I haven't had a job since Dec 14th but I ain't broke yet. If things don't turn around in the next few months, I'll probably have to flip them but I can make a few bucks on them. I got them from a friend that used to work for me but we both got laid off. He just had more toys and payments than I did and hasn't fared so well. If it turns around for him, I'll let him have them back, maybe with just a wee interest charge.

Boolit Master

That was a deal indeed! Have fun with 'em.

I hope that you and your friend get your feet on the ground soon with decent employment.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a great buy, you'll come out good if decided to sell. The 218 is a great gun if you handload, the average person don't, they want readily available ammo at decent price. $800 would about right.