MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: Quick Response On C&R Renewal

Boolit Master

Quick Response On C&R Renewal

I thought someone might be interested in current wait time for a C&R or a renewal of same. I sent my renewal application in on May 9th and the new license arrived today. That's just over 3 weeks including time in the mail both ways. I don't recall ever receiving one that fast.
    John
    W.TN

Moderator Emeritus

Wish this damn state would recognize them, but nope. Congrats on getting your renewal so quick.

Boolit Buddy
    I filed to amend mine after I moved. Got it back in under two weeks.

Boolit Master
    That's good news! I just got my notice that it's time to renew.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master
    Where in the Constitution is a C&R License mandated to be covered by the Second Amendment? Prior to the Gun Control Act of 1968, all citizens operated without a C&R. Has crime gone away after GCA 1968, or just our gun rights? I would NOT rejoice about a "quick approval time" since we do not need bureaucrat approval for our Constitutional Rights. What will happen in future with a "slowdown" or refusal of your C&R License? Why do honest folks need a C&R? When did a criminal apply for a C&R License? WHO is the government regulating and why????

Is this merely CONTROL? A perfect Solution to a non-existent problem.... Naturally, ALL at taxpayer EXPENSE! Don't we all FEEL Safer, now?

Adam
    Last edited by Adam Helmer; 06-06-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Boolit Master
    Adam,
    I agree with you 100% that we shouldn't need one for any weapon whatsoever, but that is something to fight for to get back. In the meantime, the C&R costs me $30, and in my case, a transfer costs me $20-50 per gun, depending on which FFL I go to. I'm sure you can do the math.

If it makes you feel better, I am paying my C&R fee out of my own pocket, and am not asking you or anyone else to chip in for it.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

Meh, Dropped mine when my Partner in our manufacture 007 license got audited at his home. Said no license needed anymore.

Don't say they do not do it as they can and do.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Meh, Dropped mine when my Partner in our manufacture 007 license got audited at his home. Said no license needed anymore.

Don't say they do not do it as they can and do.

I know I'm dense, but I don't understand this.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    I agree with Adam and Geezer. Having said that many here will believe that is simply paranoid thinking.......and so be it.

Personally I will not apply for a C&R and volunteer to surrender my rights simply to purchase firearms at lower costs. Because some day I believe you will find it cost you much more than you ever imagined. At at least it very well may.

This is the point when many bring up tin foil hats and paranoid thinking.

I say do as you please. You want an 01 then get one. A C&R then get one. Obviously if this is a renewal you had no major problems during the term of you first C&R. This debate has driven firearms owners into opposite camps before and caused division and harm in the past. Division and harm where none need exist.

Alamogunr simply wanted to share his good news.

Adam simply wanted to make sure we understand the hidden costs of asking the government to return a right to us as a privilege that we must now pay for and wait for government approval.

The pro and con has been presented in discussion form. I just know the tendency for this discussion to turn argumentative quickly. Arguments among firearms owners give anti-gunners reason to salivate.

Mike

Boolit Master

I just sent mine in this morning.Part B was a tad confusing.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Mold
    Just got my first C&R yesterday. From the time the payment hit my bank account to the time the license was put in the mail was about 3.5 weeks.

Boolit Master
    Don't you understand that a pre 1898 Winchester Model 94 is an antique and is not regulated because it is no longer deadly.
    However a pre 1966 model 94 Win is over 50 years old and is only somewhat dangerous so you can buy them with a C&R.
    But the Post 1966 Model 94 Winchesters are less than 50 years old and they are still so dangerous that they can only be purchased from an 01 FFL and you have to fill out a 4473.

Makes sense now doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Helmer View Post
    Where in the Constitution is a C&R License mandated to be covered by the Second Amendment? Prior to the Gun Control Act of 1968, all citizens operated without a C&R. Has crime gone away after GCA 1968, or just our gun rights? I would NOT rejoice about a "quick approval time" since we do not need bureaucrat approval for our Constitutional Rights. What will happen in future with a "slowdown" or refusal of your C&R License? Why do honest folks need a C&R? When did a criminal apply for a C&R License? WHO is the government regulating and why????

Is this merely CONTROL? A perfect Solution to a non-existent problem.... Naturally, ALL at taxpayer EXPENSE! Don't we all FEEL Safer, now?

Adam
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Spector,

"Blessed are the Peace Makers", per Scripture and your post was spot on. I wished to openly discuss our rights; not to open an argument. We gun owners see enough of gun arguments post Orlando!

I did see on TV News where an anti-gunner said, "we must show "good cause" to own guns. I would have asked that person: "What other Constitutional Rights in the Bill of Rights, do I need to show "good cause" to exercise?"

Before the Gun Control Act of 1968, there was no need for a C&R License. I see no need now.

Adam

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    I know I'm dense, but I don't understand this.
    My partner in our 007 FFL manufacture license also had an 003 FFL collector license.

His home was not at our business location. It was in the same town but 5 miles away. BATFE notified him on an inspection on his NOTE 003 FFL collector license to be held at the 003 ffl address and NO WHERE ELSE ACPTABLE to the BATFE.

Inspector came and had to see all 500 plus guns on the books. Most 400+ were un-spun NIB Colt SAA. The inspector wanted to handle all of them. Partner called the Police chief of the town and his gun lawyer when he would not comply with damaging his investment.

Took 2 months and a Senator to fix.
    I dropped my C&R after that. GET A WARRENT