Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many go to church? A few pointed questions for you.

Banned

How many go to church? A few pointed questions for you.

Just wondering how many of you go to church. How many actually practice what you profess to believe in? How many are hypocrites? How many keep the commandments everyday? Is church actually necessary? Be careful here....

In all honesty, not as often as I'd like, but then again, I haven't found a local church to my liking. So, I'll keep looking.
    I do the best I can, but I don't really "preach", unless the opportunity presents itself or is forced on me.
    Hypocrite? I sure hope not, again I'm only human.
    Keeping the commandments is a goal that proves our weaknesses, almost unattainable.
    Not necessary for me, but I appreciate anything that brings us closer to God and one another.
    Not being careful, just honest.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    What about you ? Do you go to church ? Do you obey the commandments every day? Is church necessary for you ? Are you a hypocrite ? You might need to be careful ?
    ...........................Your only attempting to create argument .

Boolit Mold
    If your looking for perfection look to Jesus not man cause we can't be perfect.
    My Mother always said "you can worship God in your heart anytime anywhere, he'll hear you"
    Me a Member of a Church I don't attend on a regular basis, try to practice (by example)as best I can being imperfect as I am, Hypocrite ? depends on the eye of the beholder I guess. keep the commandments ? I'm a sinner like all man, Church necessary? you must believe in Jesus (and his church) if you want the benefits.
    Good luck in your searching.

Boolit Man
    Honestly there are few people that actually live as the Bible tells us to. Most people that attend church go as more of a showing than actually wanting to be there, it is something they do and then they get on with their life. They seem to think that they get some "credit" from God for attending church. It does not help than most churches are more concerned with bringing in money and getting larger than they are teaching scripture. Church is necessary since we are instructed to not forsake the assembling together, Acts gives us the picture of what the church is for. I attend church regularly and have for the last 15 years since I became a believer. I finally got to the point where I do not worry about what others around me are ding, I have enough problems worrying about myself. Ephesians 5:1 instructs us to imitate God, although I will never be perfect on this side of eternity I try am instructed to try and that is my focus each day. Yes, we can worship anywhere but we are instructed to gather together. Someone not attending church regularly is disobeying scripture and I would not look to them to be an example. Someone not praying daily and studying scripture is no body to look up to either. Living the life of a true believer is not an easy thing, it is a daily struggle. There is a reason scripture states that the way to heaven is a narrow way and few will find it. There is also a reason that the Lord will say to many to depart from Him, that He never knew them. Our churches in America today perpetuate more false teaching than can be imagined. There is no greater deterrent to Christianity than those professing to be Christians. Do not even look to others for an example, look to what Christ was and is, He was the perfect example and there will never be another perfect one. You can also look to Paul to see the example of one opposed to Christ than changes and becomes a new person, one who made it his life's work to preach Christ.
    If you honestly have questions and are not trolling, PM me and I will give you my phone number. I would be glad to answer anything I can.

Banned
    Why is it that anytime someone asks a question thay are branded as tryng to start an arguement?Pine Baron, thank you for your honesty here. I'm not trying to start any arguements at all. I'm just trying to understand where people stand here. As for me..... Didn't start this thread to shine a light on myself or to hide under a basket so to speak. Honesty here...no, I haven't been to church since I was 16 with the exception of a few funerals my fathers included. I have seen so much with my work taking me to different faiths and observing their behavior and attitudes. Note...not all were bad. Somehow I believe that some churches have seemed to have lost the purpose of religion and being able to comfort and help people in their church. I have seem both faithful people and hypocrites and I try not to judge but find myself not having a warm feeling when I see people turned away simply because they didn't have an appointment. What I believe.... I believe that if two or more are gathered in his name he also is there. I believe it is necessary to try your best to observe the ten commandments to the best of your ability and when you falter you ask forgiveness. I never have followed the bible word for word and cannot quote it like some here. I believe the bible is a story book meant to try to teach us something. I don't believe that we have to believe everything word for word as the meanings and or content has been changed as a result of being copied and such. So, those without sin can cast the first stone here.

Banned
    No, not trolling here and to be honest I really resent the word. As far back as several years you never heard the word troll or trolling in this forum and I believe any reference is a total lack of respect for someone responding to a thread or possibly not agreeing with your views. So, can we not try to point fingers at people in this particular thread and call them trolls? With respect to phone calls and PM's. Really don't have the time and I would rather you simply post what is on your mind here in this thread. In short...please respect me and I will respect all of you and any view you may have or offer.

I havent stepped foot in a church in years. Mainly because most of them dont teach the whole word of God. Im content to jus study my Bible, pray at home, and fellowship with a few believers once in a blue moon.
    Ill pass on the social club they call a church.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Banned
    I have to ask....what do you consider the word of God that they aren't teaching?

Boolit Master
    If the western prairies and mountains are church, I am in church everyday. Grass, trees, the wind, rain, snow, my wife, my dog and horse, the wild things my fellow members. If you require a building or some book to believe so be it.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I attend Mass every Saturday Vigil, or one of the 2 Masses on Sunday morning. Many times I attend Mass on Wednesday morning also. I also go to the small Adoration Chapel that is attached to the church. It's open 24 hours a day most days and is a good place to spend time close to God.

I try my best to adhear to my beliefes, I try my best to adhear to the 10 commandments.

Am I a hypocrite, I'm guessing many of the non Catholic would think so, but such is the way it is, one must consider the source!

Is church necessary? Absolutely, it brings people of faith, it is good to pray alone and even worship alone, it is also good to share your faith and worship with with others in church. How else would you accept the body & blood of Christ!

There was I careful enough or did I fall into your trap?
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Buddy
    I was raised Catholic. Long story short, no longer am. Now I am a practicing Norse Pagan or Asatru. Our "Ten Commandments" are The Nine Noble Virtues. Our "church" can be where ever our folk gather: usually nature settings, but can easily be at a house. http://www.odinsvolk.ca/O.V.A.%20-%20NNV.htm

Perm-Banned
    man is this revealing, you guys wear it like a shinning badge. going to keep reading this one and write an article on the results.

We go to church although we are currently praying and contemplating a move away from the church we have been in. We have attended a small house church last Sunday and will again today, pretty informal and very real. Keeping the commandments? "Love the Lord your God with all your heart souls mind and spirit. This is the greatest commandment and the next is like unto it: Love your neighbor as yourself. On these hang all the law and the prophets." -Jesus Christ
    I have been and and still find myself a hypocrite at times, but do my best to live and practice what I believe in. I can't do it on my own power but with His power in me-I can do all things. Now I am still human and that gets in the way. Praise God for His grace that covers all my sins when I confess and repent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

I will also say that my wife goes to the Lutheran church.

They now condone abortion & homosexuality, I was attending church with her, I do not any longer, to do so in my mind would mean I also accept it.

They also have what I call a Rock & Roll band in the front of the church, I guess if one wishes to jump around and shout & yell go ahead, for myself church is reverent & and should be kept as such.

Just my 2 cents, like it or not!

Boolit Man
    Wasn't trying to make accusations but I have seen people post questions like this to stir the pot (not here though). Only offered to talk since it is much easier and much quicker than trying to type things out and if I typed everything I wanted to nobody would want to read the story anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    . What I believe.... I believe that if two or more are gathered in his name he also is there.
    FYI that is a common scripture taken out of context, that passage was referring to church discipline, not the gathering of people together for church. Our churches have lost their purpose since they no longer follow scripture and try to make church what they want it to be instead of what scripture states it should be. Logically if you cannot accept the Bible as being true instead of just stories then there is no reason to believe any of it and it is no better than believing a fairy tale. If there are errors that are not typos, transcription errors etc. then how can we believe any of it? I understand where you are coming from, I would suggest finding a Bible study and getting into the Word yourself, you will get a million different opinions here and almost all will be wrong. Go to the source itself for the answers.

Boolit Buddy
    Just wondering how many of you go to church. How many actually practice what you profess to believe in? How many are hypocrites? How many keep the commandments everyday? Is church actually necessary? Be careful here....
    I quit going years ago. In my experience church goers are their own worse enemies. Most, not all, people who belong to a certain church think their church is the only one in existence. And if you don't belong you are out casted. Church attendees are the most "cliquish" people alive today.

Banned
    Quote: There was I careful enough or did I fall into your trap? Sir, I have no trap. For the record I was raised as a catholic and continued to go until the age of 16. I also worked 40 hours a week and went to school. One sunday morning I attended 5:00 mass and the priest was running behind and I had to leave so I could be at work on time as I had been told on a prior occasion not to be late or I wouldn't have a job( store manager didn't like me) anyway the priest turned around pointing his finger at me and told me I hadn't fulfilled my sunday obligation. I never went back. I will agree with you in that it is necessary to receive communion at least once a year but I am also thinking it might not be necessary to go to mass every sunday and that praying might be just as good. Do I miss it? Yes, I would have to say that I do.

Quote: There was I careful enough or did I fall into your trap? Sir, I have no trap. For the record I was raised as a catholic and continued to go until the age of 16. I also worked 40 hours a week and went to school. One sunday morning I attended 5:00 mass and the priest was running behind and I had to leave so I could be at work on time as I had been told on a prior occasion not to be late or I wouldn't have a job( store manager didn't like me) anyway the priest turned around pointing his finger at me and told me I hadn't fulfilled my sunday obligation. I never went back. I will agree with you in that it is necessary to receive communion at least once a year but I am also thinking it might not be necessary to go to mass every sunday and that praying might be just as good. Do I miss it? Yes, I would have to say that I do.
    My reference to a trap was mainly tongue in cheek, sorry for your bad experience with the Priest. He should have been more understanding, I know mine would have.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Lots of bad information here on the internet
    Missouri Synod and Wisconsin Synod Lutheran Church do not believe in abortion & homosexuality

They will not marry 2 of the same sex. Those can never be married in GODS eyes!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast