MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: My press mounting system

Boolit Bub

My press mounting system

I thought someone might be able to benefit from an idea I had for a modular press mounting system in the cheap. It is made from scraps of 3/4 plywood I had laying around and 1/2 x 4 carriage bolts. I glued and screwed 2 pieces of 3/4 plywood for the base. Drilled 1/2 holes and counter sunk for the heads of the carriage bolts. I made 3 plates for my 3 presses out of 2 layers of 3/4 plywood glued and screwed together with 9/16 holes in the plates in the same location as the base.

Lookin' pretty good. Maybe a shorter bolt or hacksaw for those knuckle nippers.

Gotta love those little toes inspecting your work, they need to see things happening to know what is possible for their lives.

Keep working on both projects.

Banned
    My press mounting is very simple a trip to the fab shop for a scrap piece of aluminum. Once home I lay out the plate, drill and tap holes in the plate for the press and simply use two C-clamps to clamp the plate to my bench. When needed the press could be moved in less than a minute and stored.

Boolit Grand Master

I put threaded inserts into the bottom of my bench and screw the mounting bolts to them. Saves having the nuckle busters in the way.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I do something similar. I use a 12" x 12" x 3/4" thk piece of scrap plywood from a cabinet shop. I drill a hole in each corner, drill and countersink holes for the press/tool. Mount the tool, the plate mounts to a hole pattern in the table top.

Boolit Grand Master

I made sliding mpunts for my presses and accessories From 1/4" flat stock. The base is 1/4" X 6" X 10" this is the base plate there is a 6 hole pattern to boltto bench 6 1/4" countersunk holes for flat head allen bolts. Down each side of this is 4 holes 1/4 X 20 tapped holes 1/2" in from edges. A piece 2 pieces of 1/4" X 1" X 10" with 4 hole pattern only 1/4" clearence holes. These are the spacer plates for the clamp. Last is 2 pieces 1/4" X 1 1/2" X 10" with 4 hole pattern 1/4" clearence holes and countersunk. 1/2" from edge. This allows a piece of 1/4" X 4" X6"-8" to slide under rails and be clamped fown with the 2 4 hole patterns.Simply bolt presses trimmers and accessories to 1/4" X 4" x 4"-10" and slide in . asmall tools can be bolted 2 to a plate so that it can be slid in from either end. Works good is solid and easy to make. The plates allow for the equipment to still sit flat on a shelf also.

Banned

I've been working on making something similar. I used two pieces of 3/4" thick poplar glued together and planned to C clamp it to the bench. So far, I've only set up my Lyman Tru Line junior which will become my dedicated .22 Hornet press, but I have a couple of Lee Load All shotgun presses and a powder measure I want to try this with as well.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I picked up a piece of steal off a demo that is 4 inchs wide and 1/2 thick. I mounted it to my bench by tapping and bolting from the bottom to keep it flush. I also tapped bolt patterns for all my presses up and down the length. I now can move my presses and sizers along with what ever else i need to bolt down the 16 foot bench. I am going to added another sheet of plywood to the bench so it will be level or flush. Yes it was a lot of holes to drill and tap but so far its working out great. If i get rid of some more presses i would not have this problem to start with but that is another story.
    It seems we all go threw this as we add and grow to our reloading adventures.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Recommend to switch to wing nuts with a oversized plastic sleeve for quick change and easy tighten/ loosen

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk