Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Ruger Service

Boolit Bub

Ruger Service

Sent my GP100 in last Friday 5-20-16 and got it back today. The firing pin had jammed in the fired position.. When I called to check on it Wednesday, the lady told me they were still working on it. I told her that it would be nice if I could have it back for the weekend. She made no commitment. The next day I got an email and she advised it was on it's way, that I'd have it by the weekend. That's good service as they did not get it till Tuesday.
    Took it to the range this afternoon ( after putting the lighter springs back in it). 50 rounds later, no hiccups and good strikes on all the primers (even the deep seated ones!). Prior to the firing pin jamming, I had light springs in the gun and had run 500+ rounds through her with nary a problem.
    AS I get younger every year, I'm growing less and less fond of picking up brass. I believe in the future she's going to be my go to handgun.
    I noticed today, too that my local hobby shop had as many revolvers as autos. I believe more and more people are buying revolvers for carry and home defense.
    Keep 'em in the Ten Ring...........

Boolit Master
    Ruger folks do try hard to please when they can! Sounds like you had a sweetheart working for you!

Boolit Master

+1 on Ruger Service. Yesterday afternoon, I e-mailed an inquiry about a replacement front sight for my GP-100 Match Champion...I'm an old-time bullseye shooter and HATE that silly green fiber optic...and, first thing this morning, received a PHONE CALL from a very nice lady who provide the P/N for a replacement solid post w/gold dot. Customer Service response from a real person in less than 24 hours...when was the last time you saw that?

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Vendor Sponsor

I recently bought a convertible that needed a cylinder replaced. I called them week before last, they sent a UPS truck by the house WITH a prepaid label in the driver's hand, I enclosed a real nice letter addressed "To the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF in the entire industry" I asked them to fit a cylinder with minimal tolerances, (which they DID!) and advised them I was on vacation and for them to please ship it on or after May 23rd. I get an email on Friday the 20th saying the gun was in shipment already, that it would arrive Tuesday the 24th which it did, all of which didn't cost me ONE PENNY!

You could hope to match them but you will never better them! They are the best hands down bar none.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Ruger is A1 The front sight on my SBH was put on wrong by the factory over 12 years at the time it was a safe Queen
    sent it back to them they put a new barrel on it free of charge plus shipping
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

I have nothing but good things to say about Ruger CS... top notch!
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Gene, I agree 100% about picking up brass. On my AR I have a brass catcher that I love. Wish I find something for pistols.

I sent my 1022 to Ruger and had it back in about 10 days.

My SR45 was a real disappointment. FTF, light primer strikes and the magazine's would fall out at random. I sent it in and got it back about a week later. The packing slip said they did "rolling" upgrades and replaced about 7 parts. It runs great now! Thanks for making it right Ruger!
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Bub
    KnotRight, I hope this helps for the pistol brass catcher. I have one and it works, but nothing catches 100% of the brass 100% of the time...

http://www.amazon.com/Brass-Catcher-...ss+catcher+9mm

Ruger took care of me last month. My new Sp101 in .327 had multiple issues and they returned it to the day 2 weeks later. Included was a test target showing a groupd from a rest and what kind of ammo they tested it with. They are one of the best manufacturers I've dealt with and much faster at repairs than they used to be.

Boolit Buddy

A few years ago, I sent my Old Army bp revolver in for an internal problem. It was back in two weeks, fixed, and Ruger had replaced the nipples, hammer and pawl. All free. Wow.
    I had sent my Python to Colt for a simple fix at the same time. It took six months, vague responses to my inquiries, then a snarly nasty gram demanding payment before they even told me it was fixed. My bill was about $275.00. A tale of two gun manufacturers.

Boolit Man
    Ilwil, I had the same problem with S&W customer service 2 years ago I sent my 25-5 in on account .458 cylinder throats and a .452 bore they had it a little over a year when I called them, finally got some one on the phone after being on hold for what seemed like another year then they demanded a ransom of 265.00 plus shipping for "Fitting" a new cylinder I got it back a month later it had bad eggshaped throats worst one my 452 reamer wouldnt touch one way and cleaned up the other side real nice, plus it had a nice new barrel cylinder gap you could throw a cat through, "Fitted", my hind end. I swapped it and 2 other S&W's off and vowed to never own another.
    On the other hand I've had some expierence with Ruger customer service here lately and I've nothing but praises for them, they are good folks, and from now on as far as production revolvers go I'm a Ruger man all the way.
    The good thing about all of that is smith did send the old cylinder back and it made a real nice shifter knob/extra ammo holder on my 6 speed manual transmission in my pick-up afer I "Fitted" it of course.

Boolit Master
    I own many many Ruger guns and what I have found they are an outstanding company.

Truth th be told most reputable top end Mfg of firearms in the USA are fantastic about CS to name the ones I have had great CS from.

Springfield Armory
    Ruger
    Magnum Research

Great to hear these great American Icons living up to this great country and our expectations.

Boolit Bub
    I know I for one have an appreciation for a nicely made revolver, although I do have a weakness for 1911s too. I guess it's because I figure there's more work being put into the metal than the polymer pistols. The polymer pistols are functional, but they'll never look as good as the metal ones, at least not to me.