RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
PBcastco Titan Reloading

Thread: MiHec 9mm 147gr GC HP

Boolit Master

MiHec 9mm 147gr GC HP

Finally got around to loading some of the PB HP's last weekend and during the week. About half we're PC and the others​ were lubed with Carnuba Blue. Figured it should work well either way.

Chose both AA-5 & 7 to start things off with. Did a small ladder load with each powder and bullet, with about 20 at a couple of increments up to the top end with the #7. Ended up with a little more than a half dozen different loads to try out.

Hope to try some out later today after we get some chores done.

What have any of you all tried and how did they shoot?
    Later,
    Mike / TX

MiHec 9mm 147gr GC HP

A lot of projects have been stacking on top of one another, but I remember working up the big pin HPs, 147gr HPs, and the 155 solids.
    Unfortunately I didn't do too thorough of a load workup, but I got excellent accuracy with the 147/155gr rounds in a stock glock 19 barrel at 15 yards about slightly less than a fist sized group. Bullets were sized to 0.359, 50/50 coww/soww and lubed with carnauba red.

I'm looking forward to giving the big pins another shot, as I know for sure I didn't cast them hot enough and I didn't look all that carefully for defects, or voids around the pin, which led to 2-3 fliers which opened up the group a few more inches.
    I should have worked up loads, but being pressed for time I picked a safe load with titegroup and still got great results.

I'll giving it a second look, but for now I'm just struggling to keep up production since training courses seem to eat up my ammo recently.

Definitely interested to hear what others have to say, and how it worked out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.