RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastwood Powder Coating Gun $59.99 delivered!

Boolit Master

Eastwood Powder Coating Gun $59.99 delivered!

Got this email this morning from Eastwood. At the bottom an Eastwood Powder Coating Gun delivered for a price of $59.99. I understand the Eastwood gun delivers twice the voltage of my Harbor Freight Gun and does a better job. I guess i will find out.

2016 Father's Day Gift Guide! Click here to view this email in your browser.
    PAINTS & COATINGS | WELDING & FABRICATION | AUTOBODY | TOOLS & EQUIPMENT | CLEARANCE
    Unsubscribe | Manage Preferences | Privacy Policy
    *Expires 05/25/2016 at 12 midnight, EST. Specially priced merchandise excluded from this offer. Other exclusions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Click here for shipping requirements on orders containing hazardous materials with item numbers ending in "Z' or "ZP."
    Your restoration project is our top priority and we guarantee your satisfaction! We're proud of the products that we sell, the technical knowledge we share, and the friendly service we provide. If your Eastwood experience is less than 100% satisfactory, call us toll-free at 800-345-1178—we promise to make it right. All offers, specials and discounts are valid on orders placed only through www.eastwood.com— not valid on gift certificate purchases, and cannot be combined with other offers. Limit one coupon per order. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Call to confirm prices and availability. Eastwood reserves the right to substitute items of greater value. Errors in typography, descriptions and/or photography are subject to correction. If you've received this email from a friend, and would like your own copy, sign up at www.eastwood.com. Eastwood does not sell, trade, share or rent your email address.
    ©2016 The Easthill Group, Inc. | The Eastwood Company | 263 Shoemaker Road | Pottstown, PA 19464 | 1.800.343.9353

Thank you

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Thanks, Dragon, I guess I'll have to give myself a new gun for Father's Day!!! Thank you
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    You just can't beat a 'lectric gun for a smooth coat. 'Looks like a great price on that one.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Most of the time the best present you get is the one you give yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    That's a good price on that single voltage gun. I already have 2 ESPC guns that work VERY well for my needs (boolits and other items) or I probably would order one.

But I would tend to lean toward the variable voltage higher priced unit to have more control over the coating process.

This sale one appears to be a good simple entry level gun.

banger

Boolit Master
    Yes, I went with the dual voltage gun as it was recommended by another, it was $99 and I had a coupon for either 10% off or free shipping. I took the free shipping as I ordered extra bottles as well and it totaled up to a greater savings. Since high humidity here has been 90% lately, is a real problem that I hope the higher voltage will help.

I know a guy who bought a starter kit from Eastwood and he swears on the quality. He said the gun delivers 20000V and the coating is outstanding.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Quick View Post
    I know a guy who bought a starter kit from Eastwood and he swears on the quality. He said the gun delivers 20000V and the coating is outstanding.
    How does you buddy measure the voltage on a coronal discharge electronics module lie the ESPC guns use????? Very tricky!

It is rated at only about 11K and in the description it refers to only 9K. You cannot just hook up a Harbor Freight free cheeeeepy DVM to it and measure!!!!!!!!

I will ask him no doubt about it because I"m very interested too. He's quite a sharp guy as he built himself an automation for his Master Caster. Someone who can do it on his own has all my respect.
    I'll ask and let ya know.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    Yes, I went with the dual voltage gun as it was recommended by another, it was $99 and I had a coupon for either 10% off or free shipping. I took the free shipping as I ordered extra bottles as well and it totaled up to a greater savings. Since high humidity here has been 90% lately, is a real problem that I hope the higher voltage will help.
    Man you aren't kidding about the humidity, I had my first batch of PC failure! Everything looked great until I tried to pick the boolits off the tray, the bases left the PC behind!

Boolit Master

We have high humidity here in the Texas RGV as well and they way I mitigate it is to do this in my workshop after the AC set at 65* for around 4 hours. Don't know what the humidity is then but there is a huge difference in the outcome.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Before talking to my guy, I checked on Eastwood website and I think he was referring to this model but I'm still not sure.
    http://www.eastwood.com/dual-voltage...owder-gun.html

I'm myself intrigued by the coating method and want to try it. If it lives up the hype everyone talks about then coating will make the lubesizers just sizers. I have to do a more thoroughly research before start buying things.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Quick View Post
    I will ask him no doubt about it because I"m very interested too. He's quite a sharp guy as he built himself an automation for his Master Caster. Someone who can do it on his own has all my respect.
    I'll ask and let ya know.
    I have an "antique" 35KV voltage stepdown probe that plugs into my old analog-slug Simpson meter I used to measure the CRT voltage on TV's back in the day. Doubt if most have stuff like that today. Unless they are pack-rats like me!!!!!!!!!

That would work, but I have never measured my guns as they work perfectly well for my needs.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I don't know if it's the amount of voltage, or the amount of transfer of any available voltage to the PC.
    I know that my more expensive gun coats better, but it has several more electrodes that the dust goes past on the way out of the tube.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks not there yet but I did book mark it for latter when I start to cast for rifles .

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO2 View Post
    Thanks not there yet but I did book mark it for latter when I start to cast for rifles .
    Bookmark it if you wish. But Eastwood's sales normally last only about 4-5 days. I put off buying some other stuff (not PC) they sell and the price went up 60% (back to normal) in just 4 days.

You snooze.........you loose!

banger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blikseme300 View Post
    We have high humidity here in the Texas RGV as well and they way I mitigate it is to do this in my workshop after the AC set at 65* for around 4 hours. Don't know what the humidity is then but there is a huge difference in the outcome.
    Here on the Gulf Coast the rain is killing us, so the humidity is really high. My club's handgun range is behind a flood control levy and is still under eight feet of water, it's down from thirteen feet!
    To get reasonable powder coverage I also run the AC in my shop for several hours. I have found when the humidity is above 70% and you are going to have problems. Running the AC will drop the humidity to about 60% when its 90%+ outside. Under these conditions, inside under AC my HF gun works, not great, and not with all powders, but outside just forget it. At times like these I envy the desert people, as I really don't like spraying inside.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Dragonheart;3656349]Here on the Gulf Coast the rain is killing us, so the humidity is really high. My club's handgun range is behind a flood control levy and is still under eight feet of water, it's down from thirteen feet!
    To get reasonable powder coverage I also run the AC in my shop for several hours. I have found when the humidity is above 70% and you are going to have problems. Running the AC will drop the humidity to about 60% when its 90%+ outside. Under these conditions, inside under AC my HF gun works, not great, and not with all powders, but outside just forget it. At times like these I envy the desert people, as I really don't like spraying inside.[/Q
    Wish you would share, we get stuck on the wrong side of the dry line and it is dry.
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance gpidaho's Avatar
    That's the gun I've used from the first boolit I coated. Good basic gun, good price. Gp