Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Grand dad's star

Banned

Grand dad's star

Not my grand father's star but a friend's. he asked me to help him sell it. So my first thought was to buy it my self, but I already have 3 Lymans that I use. Unless someone here can convince me to keep it. I'd like to know what it might be worth and if I have all the parts. Included in what he brought over were some misc parts. One I believe to be a lead hammer handle. The others I'm unsure of. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Camo

Oh there are 6 dies .356 .357 .358 .452 and two are unmarked that I can see. Three top punches and three springs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160522_131428.jpg   20160522_125131.jpg   20160522_125119_resized.jpg   20160522_125051_resized.jpg   20160522_125021_resized.jpg  

Banned
    I hadn't put this in the S&S section yet because I didn't know if it was all there. I do appreciate the offer. Does anyone know if the bits and pieces in the other photo go with and am I correct about the black handled "thing"? Maybe I should have posted it there, It might get more looks.

Thanks Camo

And thanks for the link Skee Looks like it's all there, and the extra parts are for something else.
    Last edited by camotruck; 05-22-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Yes the thing with the black handle is for a lead hammer
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I would keep it.

I have a lyman 450, RCBS and Star - if you have Bevel Base mold or want production keep the STAR and sell
    off one of your lyman's.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    In your first picture, most of the parts are, I think, the lever, linkage, shutoff rod and maybe the two uprights (with nuts and bolts) for a bottom pour lead pot, possibly a SAECO. You might ask your friend where the rest of it is. Should be the pot (with electric cord and thermostat adjustment), a cast iron base, and maybe a mould guide.

I think the springs with the Star stuff are replacements for that little spring-loaded lube pumper arrangement at the bottom of the machine.

Banned

yeah they go on the back I have only had to replace those springs once in the two presses I bought from rimrock bullets and then used them for my commercial business for about 6 years.
    all the top left stuff is for probably the saeco casting pot.

now the talk you out of it part.
    I have three of the stars now, I made about 1 total boolit on a lyman before looking for something better.
    if you need pistol boolits sometime today then the star is the way to go.
    I have size-lubed, loaded [on a Dillon] and shot 500 rounds in one day before.
    the size-lubing took the least amount of time.

Banned
    Ramrod, I have a cast iron SAECO base. It has three holes in it two in the back and one in the front. That maybe the base of the pot. The rest is probably in another box somewhere.

Thanks
    Last edited by camotruck; 05-23-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Boolit Master
    Keep the Star and get rid of the Lymans.

Banned
    Jim's grandad said sell it and I'm going to stay with my Lymans so I'm moving her to the S&S section for sale. Thanks everyone for your help.

Camo