Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: What is a Chapel?

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

What is a Chapel?

Looks like the Chapel is for everyone and there God
    Vaya con Dios

A
    chapel is a religious place of fellowship, prayer and worship that is attached to a larger, often nonreligious institution or that is considered an extension of a primary religious institution. It may be part of a larger structure or complex, such as a college, hospital, palace, prison, funeral home,church, synagogue or mosque,[1] located on board a military or commercial ship, or it may be an entirely free-standing building, sometimes with its own grounds.[2] Many military installations have chapels for the use of military personnel, normally under the leadership of a military chaplain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapel
    Last edited by DCP; 05-21-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    looks like this sub forum meets that definition perfectly
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Super Moderator Emeritus
    That fits ours somewhat. I would rather call it a hospital for the hurting to find comfort and aid from their family here at cast boolits. Leave religion out. Religion is man imposing rules, Christianity is a relationship with the Father through His Son..

Moderator Emeritus

Good post, DCP. As time passes, the deniers continually get bolder and bolder, and intrude here. Next, I guess they'll try to take over a worship service in a real church? It's happened before. Nothing to keep it from happening again. It's been prophesied for a very long time, now, that things would get much worse than we have it now. But most of us still hang onto that image of God as an entity that will care for us and provide us with what we want, and what we need to survive.

It seems to me that, since we've sat idle and forsaken our duty to counter all that has transpired for the past 40 or more years, we maybe DESERVE a little "wake up call," and that, in God's terms, seems to mean some VERY bad times, where bloodshed is rampant and common and perversions and horribleness exists everywhere. And all because of things we DIDN'T do earlier.

We got TOO comfortable in our nice easy chairs, and too complacent when told, "It's all gonna' work out OK, it's just the pendulum swinging in another direction right now." We were dumb enough and complacent enough and uncaring enough that we just accepted that, all the while knowing it was a lie. So, now we have to pay for that, and it's gonna' hurt to do that. BADLY! I think all of us sense it's coming, and our sense of guilt for its being ahead is not misplaced.

The interlopers here are the least of our real worries.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    That fits ours somewhat. I would rather call it a hospital for the hurting to find comfort and aid from their family here at cast boolits. Leave religion out. Religion is man imposing rules, Christianity is a relationship with the Father through His Son..
    I like this.

I think The Chapel unfortunately strayed from that that long ago.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

Outstanding statement...agree....thanks Jim!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I totally agree Jim . We will not see much of the good or results that comes from this Chapel . I know our work here is seen by many . I know we enjoy each others reinforcement and encouragement in our common belief and faith . When one of us has trouble others are quick to help .

If this were a church we would not have the different denominations represented here . I love to see ALL Christians uniting to serve our Lord . You can compare the views vs the posts on a thread and there are many watching what happens here . I believe a time is coming when we will need the unity of all Christians .

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

The Catholic Church I attend has a small Chapel that is open 24 hours a day from Sunday at noon till midnight on Thursday/Friday morn. At's closed on the weekend because of all the hussle & bussel on the weekend and not to quiet.

During the week it is a perfect place to meditate and worship in total silence.

I do not go there often enough!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Super Moderator Emeritus
    someone said chapel has strayed i just read 7 threads and i know it has not strayed but the healing and care is greater than ever.

Agreed .

Boolit Master

1st the Chapel is for all faiths. Just not us Christians

You have one thread with over 300 post from 1 person that many approve of because there in the IN crowd

Many here have forgotten Christ command to forgive like Christ, because someone dare say some anti Christian.
    Christ says you must forgive 70x7

What say you?

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Who is that person with over 300 posts and who are the IN crowd ? Who fails in forgiveness ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Who is that person with over 300 posts and who are the IN crowd ? Who fails in forgiveness ?
    Each of us need to search are own hearts to find the truth.

I believe we all are sinners Brother.

There is only one who doesn't fail, Jesus Christ

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Nobody follows me around with spikes and timbers, i know i will never be perfect or know much. I do know to go to the one who does when I need help.

Boaz, et al.
    [I believe a time is coming when we will need the unity of all Christians]
    The time is now. The place is here. I'm NOT being "snarky".
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    Boaz, et al.
    [I believe a time is coming when we will need the unity of all Christians]
    The time is now. The place is here. I'm NOT being "snarky".
    I agree . Satan has the forces working overtime . Our Lord promised persecution and he never lied .

Boolit Master

My garden and hunting stands often do more duty as my Chapel than their intended usage, I've found the chapel here to be warm welcoming and respectful. And I've worked hard , successfully I feel in not letting any thoughts feelings or holdover anger from other parts of the forum enter my posts hear, I see that by and large with others as well......Brothers in Christ even if we totally disagree on most everything else. I'm thankful everyday I can come hear ask for and give prayers thanks and hear of some of the good in the world gone bad. Thanks to all of you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    1st the Chapel is for all faiths. Just not us Christians

You have one thread with over 300 post from 1 person that many approve of because there in the IN crowd

Many here have forgotten Christ command to forgive like Christ, because someone dare say some anti Christian.
    Christ says you must forgive 70x7

What say you?
    im not sure what to say you haven't come to the point. ( sorry for being blunt I couldn't find another way to put it ) if we have offended anyone let us know, we are all human, we screw up every day and we don't always see it.

and yes we should forgive, and we should be more understanding, and we should love a loooooot more then we do. But we have to know what we did
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><