Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Easy way to make cz455 trigger better w no money

Boolit Master

Easy way to make cz455 trigger better w no money

Took action of of stock and wiped everything clean.

using a "long life" industrial style grease w fine fine moly in it I applied between where the trigger pin makes contact w another trigger part slide against eachother during trigger pull as well as where the metal part comes into the bolt and pushes tension on a bolt part and the pin that houses the spring as it comes into the tang (basically where the metal rubs metal on trigger parts) applied it w a detail brush.

adjusted the spring down almost as low as it will go tension wise.

wiped and over run of the grease. This trigger is amazing now. Makes me thing that the gun smith that did my glass trigger job on my 452 trainer did the exact same thing as what I did.

breaks like glass pretty much and passed the bump test. Can't wait to try this gun out now

That is good to know. Thanks for posting.

Boolit Grand Master

A little lube can make a big diffrence. The moly in this grease should impregnate into the metal surfaces. This will help increase the legth of time it lasts. ( greases and oils tend to push work out of joints over time.) once metal is impregnated the carrier may not be needed. I did an M1A trigger for a club member back in the 80s set it up just over 4 1/2 lbs and little travel in second stage. Told him to shoot it dry or just a drop of clp on it. He decided Slick 50 ( PTFE teflon impregnating oil) was better and treated it with that. First leg his rifles trigger wouldnt make wieght. I put my spare in to get him thru. I couldnt ever get those parts to make wieght again that stuff impregnated into the steel and couldnt be removed. The housing, saftey and springs were salvaged, but trigger disconector and hammer had to be replaced. You can work dry moly into surfaces with a piece of brass rubbing it into surface also.

Boolit Grand Master

These work very well and they are cheap http://www.yodaveproducts.com/

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    These work very well and they are cheap http://www.yodaveproducts.com/
    +1

One kit is enough for several 455/452s.... and trust me. There will be more! haha

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    A little lube can make a big diffrence. The moly in this grease should impregnate into the metal surfaces. This will help increase the legth of time it lasts. ( greases and oils tend to push work out of joints over time.) once metal is impregnated the carrier may not be needed. I did an M1A trigger for a club member back in the 80s set it up just over 4 1/2 lbs and little travel in second stage. Told him to shoot it dry or just a drop of clp on it. He decided Slick 50 ( PTFE teflon impregnating oil) was better and treated it with that. First leg his rifles trigger wouldnt make wieght. I put my spare in to get him thru. I couldnt ever get those parts to make wieght again that stuff impregnated into the steel and couldnt be removed. The housing, saftey and springs were salvaged, but trigger disconector and hammer had to be replaced. You can work dry moly into surfaces with a piece of brass rubbing it into surface also.

Lol so what your trying to say his trigger was too good? Haha np here w that

Boolit Master
    It was great!!!
    shot the gun today each and every time I shot for real I'm saying I had five shots touching eachother. Not as good as my trainer but we turned a 1 inch gun into a 1/2 gun w repeatable results every group I shot. 40 yards off a proper rest

Boolit Grand Master

NRA Service rifle has to lift hold 4 1/2lb wieght. I set it to do that reliably with a couple ounces to spare. His addition of the friction reducing grease lightened it to the point it wouldnt "make weight". A solidly built M1A 2 stage trigger at 4 lbs 10-12 ozs is a joy to use. And will normally wear in over time at about 4lbs 9 ozs.

Yup, been treating triggers with moly for over a decade now. Another area that really shines with moly is the bolt/firing pins. A little polishing and then heat and moly treat the metal.

[IMG][/IMG]

The internals of the cz's bolts are a little rural looking from the machining marks. A little polishing and then some moly will greatly improve the lock time of the rifle. Take a match grade ammo and run a 20-shot sting with it over a chronograph. Then re-work the cz's bolt and redo the same 20-shot test. You'll find that you'll be getting a smaller sd with the same ammo.

consistency ='s accuracy

I did the trigger on a cz lux along with reworking the bolt and polished the leade in the chamber and moly treated those areas/parts. The end result was 40% smaller groups using the same ammo in a before/after test.

Moly is your friend.