RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate thieves!

Banned

I hate thieves!

It has been a rough year for me. My diabetes has been getting worse and the insulin is starting to not work. I am one of the highest dosage user that my doctors have. Earlier in the year I fell and broke my wrist. A month ago we had a hail storm and I had a bunch of dents on my car hood and roof from it. The insurance company wrote me a check for the damage. So i went and ordered a new Garmin side image depth finder for my boat. Well someone thought they wanted it more than I did. The got to it on my front porch before I could.

UPS or the seller could do nothing as it said it was delivered and after that it is my responsibility. So..... there went $600 down the drain.

Now fast forward to this after noon. I decide to go fishing. I get out onto the river and then I notice that all of my fishing poles are gone. I put them in the boat last night as I felt like I was going to go today. 2 were brand new Whisker Seeker catfishing poles and new Shimano 300 bait caster and a new Abu Garcia 6500 baitcaster.

All I know is that I HATE THIEVES. All I know is fishing is about all I can do anymore. As it takes no effort to just sit in the boat. I can hardly do anything anymore and then these pricks take this from me.

Man--that's pretty rough. Do you have, or can you borrow any trailcams? Set a couple up and get some pictures, because it sounds like he/they will be back. Next time it may be the motor or entire boat.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Sorry to hear about troubles. Carp like that is NOT supposed to happen in Iowa!!!!!! I grew up there and we didn't even lock our doors.

Oh, I forgot.........Iowa has a stinking drug problem too. We REALLY need that wall.

You are being targeted by probably the same clowns. Put everthing under lock & key!

And that is why I have everything delivered to my office and not my front door. If you order a bunch of stuff by mail, get a mailbox store (UPS) address that is secure. Well worth the cost.

God be with you, friend.

bangerjim

Boolit Master

Hate to say it, but sounds like one of your neighbors. People suck these days.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master
    We have a big thief problem here and growing because of supporting leftists. I got my spare tire stolen, they broke both door locks of my car, this all happening in 3,different occasions. My BIL got his house burglarized once and was robbed in the front door another time, my FIL was robbed and spanked in the street by armed robbers and got his truck stolen. That said if I get any SOB doing deeds with my stuff he'll be in serious trouble.

Banned

Pretty sure it is someone close to my house. But how to catch them???

Boolit Grand Master

Isn't something of that value a signature required item? Sorry to hear about the thieves. I had some years ago break into my storage unit and steal guns, tools etc. They are lucky I wasn't anywhere near there.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Which one of your neighbors has a kid on smack?
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Surveillance cameras are relatively inexpensive these days.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

PM me with your shipping address I have a bunch of fising stuuf I was going to put on yard sale, I'll send it off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Surveillance cameras are relatively inexpensive these days.
    This or borrow a game trail camera. Capture surveillance camera on lap top or computer in the house. Give pictures to police. Bait the boat with some cheap junk garage sale fishing poles, or the porch with a box with a chunk of wood or a $3 garage sale radio or something in it. Make it so the neighborhood thief comes to the camera.

Oh and if the person is "unknown" print off sheets and put them around the neighborhood. At least that way they might get caught out by someone, or at least your neighbors will be warned to be on the look out.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Tomme, I remember when you fell and broke your wrist. Crappy deal.

You know, we had a deal a few years back on an Accurate mold. It is one of my favorites. Always been thankful for that. I was in the retail fishing & gun business for many years and have accumulated a LOT of stuff. Are you left or right-hand retrieve? Let me know and PM me. I have some 5500's, 6500's and a Shimano 300 or two. PM me and I'll send something along.
    Paul
    Last edited by PS Paul; 05-16-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Moderator Emeritus

The game cam is the way to go, but make sure it's hidden so they don't steal that, too! I hate theives, too. My home and the 4 surrounding it have been very lucky. I had an old classmate who was a notorious thief living in front of me for some years. He died not long ago. I tried to get along with him, but he was afraid of me. He knew I wasn't one to trifle with, so ... he didn't. He once was partners with a "friend" in a good business, but he kept tearing checks out of the back of the checkbook and cashing them. What he was doing with the money, nobody knows. Gambling maybe? Who cares? Caught him once using my garden tractor/mower to mow his lawn with my gas can sitting in his yard as he mowed. I'd come home very sick, and you should have seen the look on his face! I finally got him to come over to my truck, and he started to stutter out soemthing stupid. I stopped him and said, "Go put that thing in the garage where you got it, and the gas can, too, and don't EVER let me see you using it again. You got that?" He did as instructed, and I never had another problem from him.

Another guy who was a notorious dog thief (I think he was selling them to pharmaceutical/cosmetic companies as "test dogs"), lived nearby. I told him once that if I EVER got any indication that he'd stolen one of my dogs, he'd regret it PAINFULLY. He moved not long after that. I'd had him under my supervision before on other criminal (theft) offenses. Sometimes, you just have to deal with thieves in a very forthright manner, and simply let them know that it's not just a matter of the law to deal with for some people. Most thieves are cowards in the first place, and if they can believe you, they usually seek easier targets. Especially when they know you're onto them and aren't likely to be PC in dealing with them. Not an ideal situation, but it works. Has so far, at least, but nothing works all the time against everything and everyone. Most thieves are opportunist, and have something in mind when they do what they do. Quick in, quick out.

Give the game cam a try. And when you catch them, if you do, don't forget to let the sheriff know that you want them to pay restitution. Nothing so galls a thief more than having to repay what they stole. It's good "reality therapy" for them. Back when I was with probation, I had a number of thieves, sentenced to pay restitution, tell me they weren't going to pay it because it wasn't "fair." I'd just laugh and say "Don't be stupid! These people are out real money, and may not be able to replace what you stole. You're the reason they've suffered and you ARE going to pay them back, or you're going to do time. Your choice. I can go either way with you." They always paid.

Again, it's very good "therapy" to pay restitution for what has been stolen, and since the stuff can't be recovered, they usually pay full price for replacements. Some won't take the simple time to go to court, but that's THEIR problem, I guess. Letting thieves get by with what they do is NOT good policy, in my book, though.

Boolit Master
    #4 Victor Leg hold trap. You may not catch em but when they wake you up in the middle of the night screaming from getting caught in the trap you can get a small sense of retribution.

*moderator hat* DO NOT DO THIS! THEY CAN SUE YOUR *** OFF FOR INJURY!
    Last edited by MaryB; 05-17-2016 at 12:04 AM. Reason: BAD IDEA

Boolit Grand Master

Ive had things stolen before ( Lawn mower, domed tent, and other odds and end equipment). The sad thing is its not always the value of what was stolen but the feeling of being violated and the loss of the feeling of security thats the bigger issue. One thing to do is post a description and serial numbers if possible around and give lists to police and local pawn shopsThe police may send them out to pawn shops in a larger area even. But if they are moved thru local shows flea markets or bars hope of recovery or catching them is low. Id everything and in such a way it dosnt show or is hard to remove.

Boolit Master
    Bait! Stick some fishing poles and a tackle box in plain view.
    Sit in the shadows with a couple of small brass friends and... Well, you know.
    Sorry this is happening to you tomme, I've been following your plight and you certainly do not need this.
    I hope things get better for you.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    I work in the oilfield in NW OK and we have thieves stealing copper wire from pumping unit elec supply overhead cables. Game cams are essential to catching these perps. We have caught 2 as to date and they are METH addicts and not too smart. If you need help with game cams PM me. OSBI helps us with this problem and I bet your state police can help you too. I Hate Thieves.

Boolit Master
    Borrow some game cameras from buddies. Then put out some bait. Dont use a real item, put a nice UPS box out there with a brick and note in it. Put a camera at the door, but also put one across from your home, in a vantage where if someone would park and walk up to the home.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I agree with them prolly going to repeat the crime. Not sure where to put cameras though. When they took my stuff, they noticed and took my trail camera too!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    If you could get a big mean dog... We got news from a goblin entering the house while the owner was out. Too bad for him there was a huge fila Brasileiro there and the dog mauled him badly. It was recorded by the cam in the back yard...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast