Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real results with PC?

I've been PCing with Harbor Freight Red for a couple months. Works great!

I tried HF Black, but it didn't work well. The black doesn't want to stick to the lead, where the red is EZ.

I'm just using a Tupperware container, and drop in about 25 boolits and a little PC and shake for a few seconds. I can just dump in a pile and bake, but I have been setting them one at a time on a screen, as they look really nice that way.

Doing .358-158 and .45-230. The .45's sit fine on there own, but I made up a 1/2" x 1/2" chicken wire mesh to hold my .358's. I use a large tweezers to pull them out of the Tupperware to set them in the mesh.

After baking I run them through a Lee sizer.

Zero leading, and hardly have to clean my guns anymore. I had my buddy shoot some Alox lubed, Lyman 4500 lube and the PC in my .38, and he couldn't believe the difference in smoke when fired. The PC had almost no smoke.

A few years ago when we were really starting to get this whole dry-tumble PC thing figured out, I decided to do some side-by-side tests. Till that point I had reverted almost completely to Alox for anything that didn't have a jacket. What happened on paper quite a few times said a lot. Here are two of those tests. Identical bullets cast in the same run, identical loads. The left are Alox, the right are PC'd. The top was shot one day, the bottom another day. 11 rounds each, 40S&W, fired at 20 yards. The consistency of the PC lubed boolits was huge. Aside from POI shift, they shoot very much like jacketed. Since I haven't shot jacketed in my handguns for quite some time now, I adjusted the sights to my PC boolits and favorite loads, and they are scary-accurate.
    Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12