RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am an inept electrician

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    My explanation is basically the same as Drm550's. I don't think it gets any simpler to use two switches to turn a motor on and off. You could always plug the motor in the wall when you want it on and yank it out when you want it off...
    I get the circuit I was referring this to the OP. I don't understand the reason of using two switches to turn the motor on and off when one will work fine. Like on the Hornadys LNL Case Feeder. One switch in the normally closed position in the top of the tube, tube fills, forces switch arm open, motor shuts off, easy. Half as many parts and wiring. My question is why 2 switches? What is the advantage?
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gliden07 View Post
    I get the circuit I was referring this to the OP. I don't understand the reason of using two switches to turn the motor on and off when one will work fine. Like on the Hornadys LNL Case Feeder. One switch in the normally closed position in the top of the tube, tube fills, forces switch arm open, motor shuts off, easy. Half as many parts and wiring. My question is why 2 switches? What is the advantage?
    With one switch at the top of the tube, the motor would cycle every time the brass in the tube dropped below the switch; every time a case is fed. I would cycle every time the handle is pulled. With one switch at the bottom of the tube, how would the motor shut off when the tube is filled?
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12