Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: super redhawk vs. super blackhawk

oh, I know I will need one eventually, I am already maxed out on the strength of contacts! I would love to get lasik, and not have to worry anymore! do you have a picture of that gun and or the sight you are talking about, murf?
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Master
    To the OP:

If your new revolver has the same front sight system as the RH/SRH’s do, Ruger makes or made a front bead for them.

I had a 9.5” SRH in 44 Mag wearing a One Ragged Hole rear peep (their smallest appeture) and a Ruger front bead that I painted black with a black laundry pen. Worked real nice!

I traded it to get my 480 SRH 7.5” and would put the same arraingment on it in a heartbeat.

The ORH peep sight maker went away but a while back there was a member over at the Ruger dot com web site that was making them for ten bucks (then anyway). This sight replaces the thin blade in your factory rear sight.

Best regards

Three44s

thanks, I am using a green marbles front sight, and its working pretty good! I wouldn't mind trying out this one ragged hole sight I keep hearing about... also, compared to a medium- heavy 44 load, how much harder does the 480 ruger kick, with 350 or so grain cast boolits?

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    oh, I know I will need one eventually, I am already maxed out on the strength of contacts! I would love to get lasik, and not have to worry anymore! do you have a picture of that gun and or the sight you are talking about, murf?
    Go to Gunbroker.com or the S&W factory site and you will see the 625 Jerry Miculeck (spelling) revolver and a pic of the front sight with the gold bead. I have not shot one but have looked down the sights on one and I like the sight Picture. YMMV Here is the fiber optic sight on my 629.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I shot 400 gr. cast when I had my .480. I didn't think the recoil was any worse than the .44 with stout loads of 2400.. I put a LOT of those one ounce boolits down range, and depleted my ingot stash too fast.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

that's why I catch almost all my boolits, I have a 6'x 2'6" or so piece of steel leaned at a 45 degree angle, and most of the boolits end up in the dirt at the bottom of the steel. since I got the green marbles sight, I have been shooting so much better! still need some practice, but I am good enough for pigs/deer within 50 yards, but hope to increase that to a max of 75 yards or so, maybe 100. right now hitting dog food cans at 20 yards is pretty regular, so I figured double that size for 50 yards and that's still small enough to hit the heart/lung area of a pig or deer. of course I have plenty of time to practice for the deer!

Boolit Master
    that's why I catch almost all my boolits, I have a 6'x 2'6" or so piece of steel leaned at a 45 degree angle, and most of the boolits end up in the dirt at the bottom of the steel. since I got the green marbles sight, I have been shooting so much better! still need some practice, but I am good enough for pigs/deer within 50 yards, but hope to increase that to a max of 75 yards or so, maybe 100. right now hitting dog food cans at 20 yards is pretty regular, so I figured double that size for 50 yards and that's still small enough to hit the heart/lung area of a pig or deer. of course I have plenty of time to practice for the deer!
    What would you say has caused the biggest improvement in your shooting?
    Shooting offhand now?

Boolit Master
    thanks, I am using a green marbles front sight, and its working pretty good! I wouldn't mind trying out this one ragged hole sight I keep hearing about...
    I have the Marble's green FO front sight and the One Ragged Hole rear peep and my only complaint is that I wish the front sight was a little smaller in diameter. It covers a lot of the target at longer distances, but I do shoot great groups with the system. Give it a try, the rear sight only costs $10

well, id did realize how big a difference in sight settings there was from bench to standing, the sight helped a lot, but I think what helped the most, is, I got an adjustable hand workout deal from walmart, it has adjustable spring tension, and you just squeeze it, I was amazed after just 2-3 days of using it, how much steadier I was, so I keep using it every day. it was less than 10 dollars, and I would recommend it to any handgun shooter!

and yes, when I was talking about shooting the cans, I was shooting offhand, in fact, I only shot of the bench the first time I shot it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345