RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: bust my winnie

Boolit Master

bust my winnie

Broken the carrier on my 94ae 357.suppose I can't complain to much its supposed to be a weak part but I've had it since 98 and shot about 30000 rounds through it.well tis my pet .hard to find someone who'll sent to UK.part no is u341450220 .any help would be much appericated.

Boolit Buddy
    robg,

I found one on line for $45.00 U.S. I haven't bought one before so I don't know if that's to much or not. If you know of one that is less expensive let me know, I'll help you out. GunnyJohn

Boolit Master

I'm flying to England tomorrow. Not enough time to find the part though, otherwise I could have brought it with me.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    It can probably be silver soldered with a butane or propane torch, if it isn't sintered metal like the major parts of modern Winchesters. Brownells make some very expensive Silvaloy 355 solder which is excellent, and comes in thin ribbons, but is very expensive. But you can get jewellery and other silver solders on eBay. Plain borax is a usable flux, although there are flux powders which might be slightly better. Here is my own hammer for my Belgian Spirlet revolver, which went together perfectly.

Attachment 167882

http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK...ucts/080538405

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys but most us sites won't supply UK ,price is not an issue within reason .luckily I found a us supplier who would supply one and had one left.would have hated to not be able to fix it.

Boolit Grand Master

Glad it worked out for you, robg. Sending gun parts overseas is something best left for experienced folks. Glad you found someone that could help.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

that link B.I.S. gave is for the UK.
    I'd book mark that if I were you, Brownell's has a LOT of useful stuff.
    and their prices are marked in POUNDS so you know what your paying.

Boolit Master
    Their Postal charge is excessive ,they don't have much of the stuff they show on the us site . homestead had a carrier in stock .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    that link B.I.S. gave is for the UK.
    I'd book mark that if I were you, Brownell's has a LOT of useful stuff.
    and their prices are marked in POUNDS so you know what your paying.
    If you try to open www. brownells.com in the UK, they offer you a choice of sites, although I don't know what will happen if you try to order through it. Their UK site prices are marked in a lot of pounds, compared with their US prices, unfortunately. But there may be some reason for it, besides the very logical one of wanting the money. If they have done a deal with a British firm, that will be costing them money. I also think a lot of the merchandise comes from the USA in response to individual orders, though whether in individual packages or a consolidated one to the middle man I don't know. US overseas postage has risen hugely in the last few years. It must have really killed eBay sellers of items with a particular interest overseas.

A lot of the items on the Brownells UK site are things that can very seldom sell there - for what are now prohibited weapons there, although there are numerous let-out clauses, including my friend who has a licence to sell anything up to full-auto to police forces and mysterious people. It also includes items that must be supplied though a registered firearms dealer, but this has been variously defined as parts which bear the pressure of the powder gases, and parts which touch the cartridge in the moment of firing. There are no controls at all on things like cartridge carriers.

Something has certainly happened about direct export from the USA. Numrich Gunparts will no longer export parts identical to some I bought from them a few years ago, even though they are for a rifle legally an antique in both countries, and importing cartridge antiques from Australia etc. is very easy. Track of the Wolf no longer export barrels and bore liners. Maybe it is over-pessimistic interpretation of US export regulations, but it is hard to blame them for something that could mean a lot of trouble for a little business.
    Last edited by Ballistics in Scotland; 05-13-2016 at 02:49 PM.

The postage issue is a two way street. Bought some brit bike parts and paid very dearly for postage to the US. I thought competition was supposed to bring prices down. UPS, Postal Service, FedEx, all these carry packages daily. -Makes me wonder what the prices would be without the "competition."
    Hate is a poison which one consumes expecting another to die.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    The postage issue is a two way street. Bought some brit bike parts and paid very dearly for postage to the US. I thought competition was supposed to bring prices down. UPS, Postal Service, FedEx, all these carry packages daily. -Makes me wonder what the prices would be without the "competition."
    It is, but I recently retired from 15 years in Saudi Arabia, where eBay and www.bookfinder.com were part of my life support system, and the US postage rise went a lot higher and more suddenly. It doesn't seem to make sense, when the US is such a highly computerized country, and the benefit to the economy could flow a lot more inward than outward.

For what it is worth, I have just received a part from Track of the Wolf, unqueried and unopened, in nine days from order. It was only an investment casting for a muzzle-loader trigger-guard, uncontrolled by law everywhere, and the declaration label got cut short at "Replacement parts or accessories for muzz".

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    Their Postal charge is excessive ,they don't have much of the stuff they show on the us site . homestead had a carrier in stock .
    I can vouch for Homestead as being awesome to deal with. They have a lot of obscure and hard to find Winnie parts. Family operated and friendly service.

Boolit Master
    Would somebody please furnish the address of the
    "homestead" outfit mentioned in a few posts. I have a winnie 94AE that looks like it needs a firing pin!
    Thanks
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master
    Just put homestead gun parts into Google .

Boolit Grand Master

Don't go to the Homestead site unless you have some time on your hands. Lots of eye candy and hundreds of parts at decent prices.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.