MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cast boolit loads for 7.62x54R?

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Madsenshooter , I spoke to a fella once who was absolutely positive that AK-47 ammo could be fired in the M-16 back then . No amount of information concerning bore and case dimensions or even headspace was going to convince him otherwise . I finally had to back away from his superior intelect .

Jack

I'm using the NOE316299 in a Finnish M91 with excellent results. For an experiment, I tried the LEE 0.308 Win collet die on a fired case. The shoulder at the base of the neck was squeezed slightly, but not enough to be a problem. The neck was completely sized except for the very top of the neck, which left it slightly belled. This is excellent for use with cast bullets. All loads for the M91 are now processed with the collet die, and each case has been processed five times. A little work with a 1/2 inch drill bit should relieve the collet enough to not go below the case neck, at this point I don't see a need.
    Thomas Paine:
    “To argue with a person who has denounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”

My personal favorite loads are:

PPU brass federal large rifle primer 43 grs. Of Varget with 180 gr. Sierra game king .308 dia. This load is good for deer and elk.

PPU brass federal large rifle primer 52.4 grs. Of Varget with 150 gr. hornady SST .308 dia. This is my load of choice for coyote and other large pests.

This is a fun and very low noise load I cooked up for my Russian M91/30 that has a .308" bore you can shoot this load all day with out ear plugs and your ears won't ring at all

PPU brass federal large pistol magnum primer 3 grs. Of Bullseye with a little bit of a Cotten ball to keep the powder against the primer 180 gr. LEE .309-180r bullet lubed with 50/50 beeswax and LLA without a GC Use with fire formed cases This is a good plinking load but also works good for ground squirrels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12