RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2641

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Picked up a Ruger American in 350 legend. Shoots well with the 145 fmj factory stuff, but the action feels like the gun was shipped over to the sandbox to be packed, after it was dropped in the sand and not cleaned. Roughest action I think I have ever had
    That's odd, mine and the others I have handled ar as smooth as silk. I've never seen one in that calibre though. It should smooth out to be a very handy rifle.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Bub
    G'day from Downunder

G'day all , two new one's in the last two weeks Winchester / miroku 1892 short rifle in 45 colt and the sweetest Steyr Zepher 11 .22 LR
    A retirement gift to me

Regards Paul .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Congrats, LL -- bet your wallet will be light for awhile!
    True, but I smile really big every time I pick it up and every time I shoot it.

Winchester Model 52D with Palma sights. US marked, stock is dinged up but it is supposed to be a shooter. Now I have to decide if I'm going to refinish the stock or not. Metal is in decent shape for the age. Clean it up a little tonight and try shooting it tomorrow. Around here, a front went through this morning and we're getting the sunshine/wind that is always on the back side. Should be considerably calmer in the AM when I go down to the club for geezer day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52d.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	248784
    Last edited by 15meter; 09-23-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Boolit Master
    I just got in my Diablo 12ga double barrel handgun from American Gun Craft. I had ordered it way back in March when I first found out about them. Apparently it is pretty popular and lots of people were buying them. Thus the long delay in getting mine.

It is so tiny, awesome and terrifying all wrapped up into one hand cannon. It is a muzzleloader and only for black powder. But it is probably as close as I will get to a .577 cartridge double barrel Howdah though.

Name:	Diablo_12_ga_pistol_03.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	248782

Earl be careful that thing doesn’t say Howdah to your noggin when you shoot it!

Boolit Master
    Yeah something not for the faint of heart. It isn't that bad for recoil. If you have fired .44 magnum short barrel revolvers, you would get about the same recoil or more even. But my problem is with my big hands is getting a good grip with that short hand grip on it. My little finger is off of the bottom. I need to figure out where I put my .69 cal minnie ball bullet mold at. Plus cast up some .69 round balls too. the gun range I frequent doesn't let you shoot shot at the targets as it tears up the plywood target backs too much. But I figure with the extra short barrels the shot pattern would be room size anyway. Loading it up only yields about three inches of barrel left for the load to pass through. It would sure make for a great anti-carjacking gun though. I also need to figure out some kind of a holster for it. I think that a shoulder holster under the arm would likely be best.

i have a .69 caliber flintlock pistol that is fun to shoot. I use .69 cal miniballs in it that weigh 750 grains. But it is sort of lobbing the bullets with 40 grains of black powder behind it. But then heaving a 750 grain bullet still has some pretty stout kick to it. The curved hand grip sort of sucks as it causes the gun to slide back into the hand and not up against the palm like it should. If you don't have a good grip on it, you could cut yourself on the hand web between the thumb and forefinger on the lockplate.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 09-24-2019 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Winchester Model 52D with Palma sights. US marked, stock is dinged up but it is supposed to be a shooter. Now I have to decide if I'm going to refinish the stock or not. Metal is in decent shape for the age. Clean it up a little tonight and try shooting it tomorrow. Around here, a front went through this morning and we're getting the sunshine/wind that is always on the back side. Should be considerably calmer in the AM when I go down to the club for geezer day.

Name:	52d.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	248784
    Got it out on the range today, almost zero wind, 25 yards from the pedestal rest/rear bag. Only insert I have for it is a post that did not do well with the target that I was using and still got 3 10 shot groups that were one ragged hole. All from cheeeep ammo. Pretty happy with it and already have a commitment from a buddy to buy one of my Kimber 82's to fill the gun fund back up. Well almost back to where it was.

Now to order a set of Lee Shaver inserts for the sights and I'll be in business.

Update:
    Order went in this evening, with luck will see them before the weekend.
    Last edited by 15meter; 09-24-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    A 2" SP101 in .357 magnum.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Bub
    I've always wanted a lever action to go with my Single Six. Picked up a Rossi 92 in .38/.357 a couple weeks ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1169.jpg  

Boolit Bub
    Just picked up one of the Beretta 81's coming in. Pretty excited about it.

Banned
    Just added a Ranger .22 single shot to the collection. It's an oldie but a goodie without a grooved receiver. Metal is decent though what ever it had for a finish is mostly gone. Looks like the receiver was painted. I may look into something like that to refinish it. The stock is a nice Herter's replacement, it's stripped for refinish now.

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    As I posted last week, I have been on a 22 kick. Latest additions to the collection are a Remington 514. This is the bottom of the line in the 500 series, a single shot. And then a Henry, it has been sitting in the used section of one of the local shops for 3 or 4 months. Every time I walked past it, it called my name. This is not one of the brass frames but the black one. I was impressed with the smoothness of the action. Has a few dings but the price was right. I am so WEAK!

Boolit Master
    Smith & Wesson model 13, with a 3 inch barrel... Picked up a 4 inch years ago for the right price and have really enjoyed it. The shorter barrel just looks right to me, but the prices are through the roof. Of course, they haven't gone down either...

My last gun was a S&W .22 Victory.
    A blessing is everyday I wake up,after all i've been through in this lifetime!

Oorah,Semper Fi.

Boolit Buddy
    Waiting for a CVA Scout V2 to arrive at my LGS. I'm getting it in .444Marlin. Should be in this week.

Dave

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Twelve gauge double barrel from the 70’s. It has a neat roller mechanism, that rolls up the slack sling into the stock. First time I have ever seen that.

I bought a S&W 640 Pro. S&W warranty and repair have had it longer than I have.

Winchester 1897 16 gauge, deluxe wood, takedown model. Not bad

Ruger super blackhawk with a 6 1/2” barrel in .480 ruger.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast