Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 81 of 133 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2641

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I also enjoy this thread! I promised I was going to cut back this year. This is a follow up on my 2018 resolution to not buy anymore guns. That lasted until Jan 3 2018. Year end total was 9. This year I made no such resolution but did say I was going to try to keep myself in check.

So far this year, I have been on a rifle kick. In Jan. I bought a Marlin in 45-70, a late 70s - early 80s model with no cross block safety. really nice gun. Then I got a chance to buy a Rem. 721 in 300 H&H, I have been on the hunt for a 300 H&H for a couple of years. This one was/is a little rough but it was the first one I have seen for what I considered a reasonable price. Then, I was in the local shop paying off a layaway when a guy comes in trying to sell a new model Win. model 70 in 300 H&H. The shop manager told the guy she was not interested in buying but pointed to me and said "He might be interested." I was! For about the same money as the clunker 721, I came away with the Model 70 and a sack of new Win. brass (4 1/2 boxes) a box of factory ammo, a box + of once fired brass and a few loose cases.

Yesterday I went to another shop in town to buy a Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel. As I entered, the owner was pricing out a consignment gun. A CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel. Really Good price! Especially since it had a Burris 4x14 mounted. A never been shot, used gun! Bought It! For less money than the Ruger and didn't even try to dicker.

So, that is my year, so far. But I suppose I have to count the gun I had picked up from layaway (a 686 Pro S&W) when I bought the Model 70 and the AR build in 6.5 Grendel that I put together a few weeks ago.

I am SOOOOOO weak!

Update: 5-14, added a Rossi 92 in 44 mag. The 20 in. barrel model. Been on my grail list for a while. Local shop had a sale so I broke down a bought. Looks like Rossi is starting to get a few of these to dealers again.
    Last edited by Binky; 05-15-2019 at 12:41 AM.

So if you already have WAY too many project guns that you still need to work up loads for, what do you do? Why, buy another rifle of course!

This one is a Stevens 44 with a 26" half round / half octagon barrel in .25-20SS. Very good bore with 6 o'clock extractor. I suspect that it's a fairly late production gun with a serial number in the high 61,000 range. This rifle came with some more .25-20SS brass and a nice 3 die set of CH4D dies too, so between this rifle and the other goodies I recently got for my 1882 Maynard chambered for the same calibre I should be OK to shoot them both for a little while.

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

And the last few photos ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

I've been building this one for about six months. AR-15 7.62 x39mm; if it works well it will be the only one I need. As far as ARs go that is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I've been building this one for about six months. AR-15 7.62 x39mm; if it works well it will be the only one I need. As far as ARs go that is

It looks good. But AR's are like Adult Legos, you never seem to have enough of them around. You get extra parts and suddenly you find you can build another, et cetera.

Boolit Buddy
    I dont know if it qualifies as a gun, but I just got an 80% glock kit from Midway.

Before that it was an .410 Rem. 870 express

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post

Please report back how reliable it is and if it shoots well. That is a combo I've always been interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Please report back how reliable it is and if it shoots well. That is a combo I've always been interested in.
    I only fired ten rounds. Five quickly in the bottom corner of the box then I shot 5 from the bags @ 40 yds. It needs a better trigger but I'm excited. The poa is where the box of ammo is, I haven't adjusted the scope at all.

Boolit Buddy
    Last month bought a KelTec SUB2000 Gen2 9mm. Shooting this thing is so much fun and amazingly accurate considering the platform. Having a ball with it. Then I saw where Ruger had come out with their PC Carbine (been dealing with a lot of health issues and haven't kept up with new offerings). Seeing as the carbine is more robust than the KelTec, decided to buy the Ruger as well. Love them both and would do it again. Love all the new stuff our friends in the firearm industry are offering us; Bless'em. Hope continued success.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5862D0E-B395-40DB-9CE8-30091209D00A.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	241405
    It’s not often in CA you find guns considered unsafe and can’t buy unless LEO.
    So I’m happy with the 2” groups this unsafe one gives me.

What is it? Doesn't look unsafe.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    California passed their special anti-gun law back in 2001. All new guns being sold from then on in the state had to pass a state mandated set of tests to be determined safe and OK to sell in the state. Older guns before then were, more or less, grandfathered in. That is why there are none of the latest guns being sold in the state, only older models. It is a expensive series of tests a gun has to be subjected to, thus most manufacturers won't bother to submit guns for testing. The companies like Glock only submitted their models back in 2001 and never tried to submit for newer upgraded models.
    ref https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns

Thus a old Colt .45 (or similar) gun is considered unsafe as if it is dropped it could fire off.

Anyway that is how I understand it.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 05-10-2019 at 02:34 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    At this point I think Torres is the only manufacture on the California roster that can sell double action revolver in California. Even older model double actions cannot be shipped in.
    So you have to be on your toes to pick up something like a Dan Wesson (above photo).
    Through private transfer

Reunited with the .41magnum via brand new Ruger Blackhawk. On the way home from the store!

Boolit Buddy
    1939 vintage Winchester Model 74 in .22 short. Hopefully with some TLC and cleaning it will prove more reliable-it only goes off about half the times you pull the trigger. I hope it doesn’t have a broken firing pin. The rounds that don’t go off have no evidence of a firing pin strike, and if you reinsert them and try them again, they usually go off.

A Ruger PCC.
    Kind of an 'out of character' gun for me but I had been wanting some kind of 9mm carbine ever since I sold my Gen 1 S2K and I wanted something more 'conventional' than what was currently available.
    When Ruger introduced the PCC I decided to take a look at one when available and now I own one!

I needed a 9mm so......
    My wife appropriated my last Shield so......
    You know.

Boolit Master
    I couldn't resist getting one of the new Savage 64 Takedown .22 LR rifles. They had it on sale and there was a small rebate too. it came with a carry case as well. I need another gun like a hole in the head. But the carry case needed another pouch for some ammo and straps or something for the barrel too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage_model64_takedown_02.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	242384
    Last edited by Earlwb; 05-25-2019 at 11:19 AM. Reason: add more info

Attachment 242385Attachment 242386
    1879 Argentine Remington Rolling Block Carbine, .43 Spanish

DG

The last rifle I bought is a heavily customized Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag.

The action and bolt have been trued the action "Blueprinted" and custom heavy stainless steel barrel fitted and because of some health issues remains in my cabinet Unfired, I only recently got a scope for it and very recently acquired several hundred Once fired cases and I'm getting ready to load for it.

To be honest the only reason that I have a scope for it is because my brother bought a used 308 rifle and he thought(it is a Sightron 4.5-14x44) it was "Too much" scope for a 308Win (I suspect he is a bit of a scope Snob (He has Leupolds on everything, including on his 10-22), but he can afford to be, I cannot, because I'm on a fixed income)

But I managed to packrat several boxes of 140gr Barnes X bullets that I can burn up getting the loading developed and the rifle on paper before switching to the T-TSX That I really want to use to get completely dialed in before dipping into my carefully hoarded MRX bullets. sorry for discussing loading copper bullets, but this isn't and will NEVER be a cast bullet rifle...
    Last edited by AllanD; 05-26-2019 at 02:31 AM.

Page 81 of 133 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast