Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 76 of 132 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2625

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Master
    PAK-9, put a folding arm-brace and a red dot on it. effectively the same as a PDW. 450$ in the whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    The Unertl turned out to be a "small game" model in 6 power. I'm transplanting the scope onto my Winchester 1885 Low Wall in .22 WCF since it just suits that rifle and calibre better.
    Finally got that nice little Unertl 6 power "Small Game" scope transplanted onto the Winchester Low Wall in .22 WCF and shot it today. That scope just looks "right" on that Low Wall and will live on there permanently now. Shot some 80 or 90 year old .22 WCF ammo which was sure interesting. About 2 out of 3 were duds and the ones that did go off were black powder loads (WW with the old copper primers) and generated a ton of smoke and sparks flew out of the muzzle. Most of the ones that went off also "hang-fired" for about 1/2 second too which made for a lot of concentration and follow through to keep the crosshairs on the target! After several sight adjustments they still were printing into an 8" centre bull at 100 yards so it all looks fairly promising. I need to finally break-in my NOE .228" 45 grain plain base mould and load some fresh ammo in some of the new Hornet brass I have. It poured rain most of the time we were at the range today, but it still made for a great day of shooting ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Going to try and get out to the range again this Friday and fire-form a few 8x57 cases into 9x57 for a neat old 98 Mauser sporter I bought recently in an online auction. (Pretty much "stole" it for $125.) Proofed for 286 grain bullets so I'll slug it and try loading some BIG bullets from and old Lyman / Ideal #3589 that I have. Should be just about the right weight and hopefully I can get it to shoot close to the open iron sights. Had to get my gunsmith buddy to glue several cracks, install 2 pins, and then glass bed it. It was cracked all the way from the recoil lug area right back to just behind the rear of the action.

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Mossberg 464

Had an eye out for a JM stamped 336. There was one at local pawn shop - but they sold it. Was in Academy sports this morning looking around. Looked at new mfg. Mod. 336W - not really interested. Had one and wasn't too impressed. Looked at the Mossberg and it reminded me very much of a Win. m94. The stock on the Mossberg was a little nicked up in several places. Mgr. said he'd knock off 15% ($58). So that made it $364 out the door - done deal. It's lighter than a mod. 336 it balances better too (well, to my notion anyway). I traded my mod. 336w for an Argentine Mauser 1891 - and since you really can't keep house without a .30-30 lever gun I had to have it.

Attachment 234654
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a Star BM 9mm yesterday. Very good condition for a surplus arm. The dealer got 4 of them in and let me pick the one I wanted. Heck of a gun for under $200

Boolit Buddy
    The last new gun I bought was a Remington 700 SPS in 300 Blackout, that is also the last Remington I will ever buy.

Going to try and get out to the range again this Friday and fire-form a few 8x57 cases into 9x57 for a neat old 98 Mauser sporter I bought recently in an online auction. (Pretty much "stole" it for $125.) Proofed for 286 grain bullets so I'll slug it and try loading some BIG bullets from and old Lyman / Ideal #3589 that I have. Should be just about the right weight and hopefully I can get it to shoot close to the open iron sights. Had to get my gunsmith buddy to glue several cracks, install 2 pins, and then glass bed it. It was cracked all the way from the recoil lug area right back to just behind the rear of the action.

Finally got the old girl out to the range today to fire-form a few rounds of brass. Took some Federal 8x57 Mauser brass and ran my tapered neck expanding mandrel into the annealed case necks. Then used my .358 Winchester FL sizing die to bring them back down to .358 and set the shoulder until I just had a "crush" fit. Loaded a handful of Lyman / Ideal #3589's (191 grains sized, lubed, and gas checked) over 18.0 grains of old Hercules 2400 just get a few on paper and see how well they fire-formed. All went well ... fired cases look great and even with my terrible eyes and open sights they were printing on paper low and left at 50 yards. More testing is needed of course, but I'm more than happy with the initial results ...

Boolit Master

My RIA .380 1911 AKA the baby rock. Last long gun was my Mosin 91/30.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye Bly View Post
    I bought a Star BM 9mm yesterday. Very good condition for a surplus arm. The dealer got 4 of them in and let me pick the one I wanted. Heck of a gun for under $200
    That's a good one. Have yet to see one at a local dealer. Online prices are all over the map. $149.00 for a Good condition (which is usually pretty poor) to $229.00 for a VG condition. By the time you add in shipping and a transfer fee - it's not such a good deal. One thing for sure though - pretty soon they'll be gone.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Buddy
    This was supposedly a "good" condition one. I had read the reviews and watched videos on them and most said that the difference between the good and very good was not much. They were all refurbished by the Star arsenal and are in working condition. I discussed with the dealer him buying them vs my buying it and having it shipped to him. I got it cheaper with him buying 4 of them and him letting me pick the one I wanted. It came with 2 magazines. He commented that this batch was better than some he had gotten earlier. As with most surplus guns, the price will rise when they are gone.

Stars are well named IMO/IME.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Finally got that nice little Unertl 6 power "Small Game" scope transplanted onto the Winchester Low Wall in .22 WCF and shot it today. That scope just looks "right" on that Low Wall and will live on there permanently now. Shot some 80 or 90 year old .22 WCF ammo which was sure interesting. About 2 out of 3 were duds and the ones that did go off were black powder loads (WW with the old copper primers) and generated a ton of smoke and sparks flew out of the muzzle. Most of the ones that went off also "hang-fired" for about 1/2 second too which made for a lot of concentration and follow through to keep the crosshairs on the target! After several sight adjustments they still were printing into an 8" centre bull at 100 yards so it all looks fairly promising. I need to finally break-in my NOE .228" 45 grain plain base mould and load some fresh ammo in some of the new Hornet brass I have. It poured rain most of the time we were at the range today, but it still made for a great day of shooting ...

That rifle looks great with that scope setup on it. Nice find, Congratulations.

Thanks! I just need to load some fresh ammo for it and get out and shoot it some more ...

Boolit Buddy
    Browning Twelvette double auto.

A Win model 70 XTR in 264 Win Mag followed me home today!! Thanks to some guys on here, I have located some brass. Rifle was made in 1981 and after running a couple of copper remover patches through, bore is like a mirror!!
    fools rush in where angels fear to tread...Alexander Pope

I just bought a Browning A5 3" Magnum Goose gun and took possession last Friday. Got it home and my Slug Barrels wouldn't fit it. I completely missed the "Magnum" tattooed on the left side of the receiver which I can not figure out for the life of me.

That gun is going to live in Missouri on Monday and a A5 Light 12 which will fit my barrels is coming this way the same day.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Traded in a Browning Buckmark, came out with Bond derringer in .45Colt/410.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Two more Maynard single shot rifles are in the mail on the way to me right now ... and I'm about as wired up as a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive!

Picked up a Spencer (Crescent Arms) SxS shotgun with external hammers and steel barrels. Bought from a member on another forum. Couldn't be happier.

Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Page 76 of 132 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast