RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 73 of 133 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2641

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

LuckyDawg those were made from Colorado elk by Sack Peterson. Yes, the other side looks good too with light bark. I have another pair; thicker with heavy bark for the next .41 BH I can buy.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Was watching another online auction today and bought a Winchester 1885 High Wall mfg in 1913 that was reworked into a .220 Swift varminter c/w with a Unertl on it. Basically stole it ... paid what the scope was worth ...

Last edited by Reverend Al; 12-10-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Morning. An SKS .. finally, unissued arsenal condition 1954 Tula.
    E Svizzeri sono armatissimi e liberissimi.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY...7s-n6LwwJNbPGg

Boolit Master
    Smith and Wesson 7.5" 460 XVR S&W custom shop.
    Last edited by Ramjet-SS; 12-10-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    I just picked up a $80.00 frankenmauser flea market find. It's a 1915 Kar 98 small ring rebarreled to .243 Winchester with a 1:10 twist. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frankenmauser 01.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	231778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frankenmauser 03.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	231779
    I'm calling it a frankenmauser because of all the different unmatching parts it is made of. The trigger guard is post war Czech from around 1945, the action is 1915 Kar 98 small ring action second dated to 1920 with miss matching bolt and the stock is probably a year or so newer than the action. I dropped a Leopold 1x4 scope on it just to see how it shoots condom bullets which has been a bit of a disappointment so far. Not planning to shoot cast with it yet.
    It's to bad it got all chopped up, would of been a nice collectible if left alone but it is way too far gone to return to original so I'm trying to make it work in it's present configuration. I'm mainly cleaning up years worth of dirt and surface rust along with some cosmetic reblueing along with floating the barrel and bedding the action. I know it's a dog but for the price it's worth a try to get it right.
    I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this monstrosity so feel free to move my post to the proper thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie2002 View Post
    I just picked up a $80.00 frankenmauser flea market find. It's a 1915 Kar 98 small ring rebarreled to .243 Winchester with a 1:10 twist. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frankenmauser 01.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	231778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frankenmauser 03.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	231779
    I'm calling it a frankenmauser because of all the different unmatching parts it is made of. The trigger guard is post war Czech from around 1945, the action is 1915 Kar 98 small ring action second dated to 1920 with miss matching bolt and the stock is probably a year or so newer than the action. I dropped a Leopold 1x4 scope on it just to see how it shoots condom bullets which has been a bit of a disappointment so far. Not planning to shoot cast with it yet.
    It's to bad it got all chopped up, would of been a nice collectible if left alone but it is way too far gone to return to original so I'm trying to make it work in it's present configuration. I'm mainly cleaning up years worth of dirt and surface rust along with some cosmetic reblueing along with floating the barrel and bedding the action. I know it's a dog but for the price it's worth a try to get it right.
    I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this monstrosity so feel free to move my post to the proper thread.
    You'd have done good at twice the price. That 98 small ring action was free and so desirable.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    LuckyDawg those were made from Colorado elk by Sack Peterson. Yes, the other side looks good too with light bark. I have another pair; thicker with heavy bark for the next .41 BH I can buy.......

I tell you what you can send them to me I will put them on my Ruger BH 41 and and I can save you the trouble of buying a new pistol
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    I tell you what you can send them to me I will put them on my Ruger BH 41 and and I can save you the trouble of buying a new pistol
    Or vice versa!

Boolit Master

Just bought my first "Magnum" rifle; a Remington 700 Long Range in 300 WinMag. My excuses/discussion with the wife on needing a new rifle:

(1) I have over 400 empty cases for the 300 WinMag that I have picked up over the years. Need to sell them or get a new rifle.

(2) I need a rifle to shoot long range on Rifle Ranges or other areas where they will not allow me to shoot my AR50 (50BMG caliber).

(3) You are looking for a Christmas Present for me; this will do it and I'll have something to play with over the winter as I get it set up for the Spring and Load some Ammo to shoot in it.

(My wife is supportive/a facilitator of my shooting addiction; she facilitates it quite often by going to the range and shooting with me. Of course; it can have it's risks. She has appropriated my Colt Ar-15 in .223, Savage Axis in .223, and Savage 12FV in .223 as her own.)
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Or vice versa!

Let me think on it

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Just bought my first "Magnum" rifle; a Remington 700 Long Range in 300 WinMag. My excuses/discussion with the wife on needing a new rifle:

(1) I have over 400 empty cases for the 300 WinMag that I have picked up over the years. Need to sell them or get a new rifle.

(2) I need a rifle to shoot long range on Rifle Ranges or other areas where they will not allow me to shoot my AR50 (50BMG caliber).

(3) You are looking for a Christmas Present for me; this will do it and I'll have something to play with over the winter as I get it set up for the Spring and Load some Ammo to shoot in it.

(My wife is supportive/a facilitator of my shooting addiction; she facilitates it quite often by going to the range and shooting with me. Of course; it can have it's risks. She has appropriated my Colt Ar-15 in .223, Savage Axis in .223, and Savage 12FV in .223 as her own.)
    Congrats on your new Rifle

Boolit Master
    Found a VZ 82 that had the paint flake off when CAI used their dot matrix engraver on it. Waiting for delivery.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Attachment 231950 Attachment 231951
    Click to enlarge.
    A police trade-in Glock 37 .45 GAP, came in a Glock hardcase. Source was Sportsman's Guide.
    Great price, I thought, $256 + change. Of course shipping and dealer transfer fees brought it
    to $300, but it's about 98% condition. Dies and two new extra mags from Midway. Brass from
    a fellow forum member. I think they've got some left..........

Attachment 231952 Attachment 231953
    Click to enlarge.

Rossi M92 stainless .44 Mag. Source was GB, Elk County Ammo & Arms, St. Mary's, PA. $585.19
    delivered to dealer.

I got my brother's favorite daily rifle the other day. It's a long action blind mag Savage 110 .243 Win. 18" barrel; pick up gun. Duracoat metal/camo spray paint stock/ Bushnell Banner 3x9.
    It put 3-95gr NBTs on a 1" dot at 100 yds yesterday.
    I'm going to leave it alone for a tribute to him. This gun has gravitas.

Boolit Master
    Shot skeet with my new CZ Sharptail in 28 gage today. First round I noticed the trigger pull is way too heavy and on station 6 it doubled. Was going to put it away and go back to the Browning Citori but got talked into shooting it again. This time the right barrel wouldn't fire. Tried it as the first or second shot and it won't go. Was like the trigger was locked up. Back to the LGS it goes.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

Attachment 232471Stopped by a small gun shop near me the other day just to look. There in the rack was a used handi rifle with a scope mounted on it. It was a 22 hornet with iron sights plus the scope at a price much less than just the used barrel will fetch if I part it out.
    I have owned other hornets but always sold them shortly after buying them and really don't have much use for it. I do have some ammo so I will probably shoot it and see how it groups ?
    It may be another gun I can grab to shoot the never ending vermin that show up once our gardens start sprouting up in spring. Or be a good trading gun. I guess I can't resist another handi at a good price.

Jedman
    Last edited by Jedman; 12-21-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    Attachment 232471Stopped by a small gun shop near me the other day just to look. There in the rack was a used handi rifle with a scope mounted on it. It was a 22 hornet with iron sights plus the scope at a price much less than just the used barrel will fetch if I part it out.
    I have owned other hornets but always sold them shortly after buying them and really don't have much use for it. I do have some ammo so I will probably shoot it and see how it groups ?
    It may be another gun I can grab to shoot the never ending vermin that show up once our gardens start sprouting up in spring. Or be a good trading gun. I guess I can't resist another handi at a good price.

Jedman
    "K" it.

Just won an auction for a GP100 in 10mm, with a 5” barrel and gold bead front sight. I’m a died in the wool S&W guy, but can’t swing a 610 for even double what I got the Ruger for. It’s going to be a long wait including the holidays for that gun to show at my FFL. I can’t wait to try it out. Good part for me, I already have some loads made for my G20 and 1911, maybe I’ll toy with some other loads for that Ruger. I hope it shoots cast boolits well. Anyone else have one?

I bought my daughter Lori a Sig Sauer P938 Desert 9mm Nitron with a laser sight for Christmas. She thinks it will do nicely. Gp

Boolit Master
    M1 Garand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	232549

Page 73 of 133 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast