MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 57 of 132 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2625

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Last year, my offsider at the range bought a 4 5/8" 44/40 Pietta 1873. He picked the gun up, but the price the local gunshop wanted for ammo was through the roof. I scratched aorund and found two loaded rounds in the truck, rolling around on the floor of the big lock up drawer in my rear of my 4wd. He shot those off and I told him to follow me home. I gave him a couple of hundred brasss shells (MagTec that I was gifted) and lent him a spare set of dies that I had. He never got around to loading for it and I had forgotten about it. He turned up today and asked me if I wanted to buy it. I ended up swapping a lever rifle that I no longer need. I'll get the gun tomorrow and will post pics.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy

traded for a Uberti 45 long colt in 7 inch the other day
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    Field Grade M1 Garand from the CMP. SA 2,781,3xx made in April '44 with a SA 5-45 barrel. Finish is worn to non-existent, expected on a FG, but good wood, and the barrel looks pretty good so far. Need to strip the varnish off the stock, Purple Power to clean it, then Flax seed oil followed by Tung oil. Then a trip to the range to see how it shoots,

Boolit Buddy
    Several weeks ago I picked an early 2nd Model 1890 Winchester in 22 Short. It has the 1st mod barrel and sights. I tried to shoot it but it would not feed Shorts. Someone had put a carrier in for the Long cartridge. I got the right one one ebay and installed it and it fed properly but the chamber was messed up. They apparently tried to chamber it for the Long cartridge by hand and the chamber was oversize, oblong and mis-aligned. I sleeved the chamber but I had to make it longer than it should be but it will work OK. The rifle is now good to go and I can't wait to get it out shooting. The bore is quite shootable and I'm anxious to see what it will do.

This past Saturday I went to a large gun show. It's at a county fair grounds and they have it in 4 buildings, it's a large show. In the last building I found a Remington no. 1 1/2 rolling block rifle that was rebarreled to 38 spl. with a unturned full sized barrel blank. Overall the gun is in good shape but the person who rebarreled it ruined the collector value of it by boring out the threads in the reciever and cutting the breech end of the round barrel blank eccentric to work with the rimfire breech block. The barrel is held in the reciever by 2 - 1/4 x28 set screws and the barrel shank is spot faced and countersunk so the set screws keep it indexed and hold it secure.
    After dickering I bought the rifle for not much more than the original butt plate and trigger and breech block would be worth if I decided to part it out.
    After getting it home and taking it apart I decided to taper the barrel to remove some weight and make it look better plus will bed the forend with brown dyed acraglas because it was originally fit to a octagon barrel and now will be fit to a tapered round barrel.
    The 38 spl. chamber should be fine for this gun and a lot of fun shooting a light recoil low noise old rolling block.
    Plus the day before I bought this gun I visited a local candy store and found a H&R Topper Deluxe in 12 ga. and bought it at a great price.
    This model looks somewhat like a trap gun, It has walnut stocks that are checkered and have a factory recoil pad, nickel plated matte finished reciever and a vent rib on the barrel and as a bonus it had extra chokes included and was like new condition.

Jedman

That Topper Deluxe would be great on long walks and look good in a pic with dog & pheasant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thomas, I only wish we still had pheasants !

Jedman

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    Ruger American Rifle in 450 Bushmaster.
    Me too.

BB

I'm expecting a grandson soon, so of course I had to put a deposit on an old Remington 510 at the LGS. It needs some TLC but the insides are great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pietta 1873 in 44/40:

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

OOOOOOOOO that's nice! Got a couple myself, but not "just bought". I'll probably have my newest available for show-n-tell day after tomorrow. Really though, Fingers, that's a beautiful pistol!

Boolit Master

I was totally burned bad on my last purchase that arrived a few days ago. Grab A Gun showed a Colt AR for 449 and 7.99 shipping and I jumped on it. Like they say, to good to be true it probably is. Turns out it isn't a Colt but a Core brand. Grab A Gun removed the link from their email spam but links to previous and following ads are still good.

My guess it was a mistake by whomever wrote up the ad but after discovering it they removed the link it's obvious they covered their ****. Made two calls and have received two promises of call back. I was had, I do like the Core but it ain't a Colt.

Second time I was had buying long distance off the net. First time was Bud's, wrong barrel length and to top it off they sent it to the wrong FFL.

Boolit Master
    Found a JC Higgins 100 in 16ga at a local shop! Good shape but cut for a lady or youth.J ust in time for the Vintage Skeet World shoot, fun little shotgun and Not what is generally found with the JC Higgins label. Spanish AYA and of very nice build quality and feel. 1955 proofs makes it one of my newer doubles, quite young actually
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    A 22lr. LOL Ruger 22/45 mark IV Target. Think it was an ok price too. $279 if anyone is looking. Grabagun model number 40107

Boolit Buddy
    Savage 308 from Cabelas, on sail with factory rebate just over $200. 12fv can't go wrong with that. If want to change calibers just get prefit barrel and another bolt head. about the cheapest way you can go for future build.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    OOOOOOOOO that's nice! Got a couple myself, but not "just bought". I'll probably have my newest available for show-n-tell day after tomorrow. Really though, Fingers, that's a beautiful pistol!
    I was at the range yesterday and a friend from the next town who is a dealer and comes to our range to shoot noticed my new Pietta and told me that he had my old pair of Pietta 1873 44/40s in stock. I foolishly sold them to a friend two years ago and my friend broke a notch off the hammer and gave them to the dealer in exchange for another gun. My dealer friend has replaced the broken part and hasn't been able to sell them (you need a special license for anything bigger than 38s here and most shooters don't have it). The are going for a very reasonable price, so it looks like they are coming home at last.

Attachment 216026

Yesterday's acquisition, in .44-40.
    Glad to hear your Piettas will be returning to the fold.
    I have one more coming, should show up in about a week, a Uberti 1872 Colt open top Army 5 1/2 inch barrel in .45 LC. Guess that will about do it for me, can't think of anymore I want. Hmmm....wonder how many times I've said that!

That is a nice handgun!

I bought a Gonic .50 cal in-line. They were made in New Hampshire and are great rifles.
    Nit Wit

right yesterday. a second CZ tactical sport in 40...what can i say...i'm a glockcz fan haha!

Page 57 of 132 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast