RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 49 of 133 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Buddy
    Picked up a model 07 Winchester .351SL today. Made in 1909. Should keep me occupied for a while. Anxious to put some lead through it. /Chris

Boolit Master
    A Taurus M85 lightweight(38 spl).

After not buying anything new for ages, tonight I broke down and bought a Danish M1867 Rolling Block at our gun club meeting. (We usually have a bit of a "buy, sell, trade" on the back tables of the room at each of our meetings and this one was priced so reasonably that I just couldn't resist it.) I'll start a new thread on this latest acquisition with a few photos ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    I stopped in Cabelas yesterday before heading over to pick up my new French MAS 1936 at a LGS. Two hours later I managed to purchase a Garrett Arms 1863 Sharps Carbine after a lot of screw ups and inept employees. They were practically giving it away; so I put up with their issues(computer, new employees, not in inventory, cashier kept thinking it was a firearm, etc.). I like military carbines, even if this one is a replica.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3151.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	208992 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3150.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	208993
    Back in the land of boolits.

Stopped at a local candy store just to look. Found a Sears branded version of the Ithica M 49 rifle.
    I have a small collection of boys 22 rifles and this was a popular gun when I was a young kid.
    I really can't see well enough to shoot iron sights anymore but this gun was there at a reasonable price and I was in the right mood to buy myself a Christmas present .
    These guns were made in the early 60's to early 70's and were originally priced around $ 20, looking at it and knowing the metal parts came from Erma in Germany and stocked in the US they were a nice starter rifle then and kind a cool now because of the fool proof Martini / Peabody like action. Had to buy it !

Jedman

Christmas came early over hear. From a friend, I bought a like new Ruger Red Hawk, an 1874 Sharps he built from a kit made by IAB and a 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer in 6.5 MS.

Boolit Master
    I wound up getting myself a early X-Mas present. When I was at our local Cabelas, they had the Thompson Center Compass rifles on sale at $339 each. Plus TC has a $75 rebate too. Then I get a 5% discount for being a veteran as well. So I broke down and bought one in the 6.5 Creedmoor caliber. That works out to be about $229 minus some rewards points I had plus tax to get one. Not bad. Anyway I can't wait to take it out and see what it does. I put on a 3x9 scope I already had laying around doing nothing. I will look for a better scope later. I bought the dies, cases, bullets etc. So I will load up some cartridges to try out later. I also got some factory ammo too. Now I also had a couple of $10 promo cards from Bass Pro, so I used those to get a couple of boxes of ammo. Plus subtracting my rewards points there as well. Even better is I get a rebate from Winchester for $10 for buying two boxes of their ammo. Thus $25.95 for each box of ammo got discounted $10 each, then some rewards points got it reduced some more. Then with the rebate it made for a couple of cheap boxes of ammo to get. Oh yeah I had to buy each box of ammo separately, they wouldn't let be gang up on the promo cards.

Now I didn't do the Cabelas customer survey, as I wasn't expecting to spend more than $200 at the store later. Or I could have gotten another $20 discounted from the purchase too. I guess it pays to always do the surveys, just in case you wind up at the store and buy something.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 12-07-2017 at 11:19 PM. Reason: typo correction

Boolit Master
    was at an auction got a h&a underhammer target .45 and a Swedish mauser model 96 all matching.

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    was at an auction got a h&a underhammer target .45 and a Swedish mauser model 96 all matching.
    Jealous here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    Nice congratulations. I happen to have a H&A replica under hammer target rifle myself too. But I bought mine something like 40 years ago, from Dixie Gunworks at the time.

Boolit Master
    My latest is a Winchester Model 100 carbine. Snagged it on an online auction. Listed as a rifle, not a carbine, which might have kept the bidding down. Bid $400 before all the add ons, so I own it for $550 or so. .308 Win, came with one clip. Picked it up from my dealer a week ago and it is pretty nice. Some small dings in the stock from sitting in a safe. That's about it. Thought it was unfired but I found some carbon in the gas cylinder when I had it apart for cleaning. Easier to take apart than put back together. It is in one of my NRA books but they only give you enough information to get you into trouble. There is a recall on Winchester Model 100's and I have the firing pin that is recalled. Not sure how big a deal that is, supposed to slam fire if the firing pin breaks. But the firing pin is fine now. I called the phone number and it seems to still be in effect. Just haven't gotten the lady to pick up when I called. It is a handy little rifle, just a bit longer than a 10/22, but a bit more oomph! Haven't fired it yet but I put a scope on it and a sling. Here are a few pics.

Name:	win100a.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	209338

Name:	win100b.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	209339

Name:	win100c.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	209341

Name:	win100d.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	209342

Savage Axis with Realtree camo stock in .308.
    Might go back and pick up another in .223

That Win 100 is sweet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Coming soon a WH Davenport 32 rimfire
    enjoy your day
    Cariboo

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Boolit Bub
    I just bought a Dan Wesson 357 with a 6 inch barrel from my Grandfather. He is 92 and told me he was never going to shoot it.
    He said he would take 250 I told him I would give more but he said "Merry Christmas"
    I believe it is a model 15 but I am unsure.
    If any of you guys know please speak upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3822.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	209379
    I may be dumb but I can lift heavy things

Just bought a Husqvarna M96 sporter in 9.3x57. Needs a little tic but at $260 Canadian I couldn’t resist . Tried to resist but I am now down the whole 9.3x57 rabbit hole , handloading, casting , brass forming etc.

Last night got another K22 S&W, can't resist them and the price was right. Pre 17 , 5screw.

Boolit Buddy
    My last one was a couple of years ago. A NM Ruger Single Six .22 RF in stainless.
    John D

NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Uberti 1873 44 mag 5.5"

Now I can use this case of .44 mag brass! I bought a 7.5" Bisely SBH .44 mag about this time last year and had it for about a week and Mom claimed it.
    I'm back in the .44 business again.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Went in the local fun shop to kill a bit of time before an appointment. There sat a VERY nice Ithaca M37r on the rack at an unbelievable deal! Made in 1956 and a sweet handling 16 ga. That pretty much makes my set of classic 16ga pumpguns. M12,M31,M37,and an 870. All in 16ga and all choked mod. Had no intention of buying a gun that day, but I have been watching for one for several years. Very first shot was at a 45 yard crossing clay paired with a blooper, result "dead pair". Yep, happy camper
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 49 of 133 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast