WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 35 of 133 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Master
    Latest gun is a Feddersen 22XA, a Ruger 10/22 clone. Actually the receiver was free. The manufacturer posted on RFC that he was going to give 15 (later 50) away to the first members to respond. He seems to have just started making them and wanted to start a little excitement. I never win much of anything but I sent an email and got a response the next day asking me to have my FFL send them his info. I did and the next Monday it was there. No shipping charges, just the transfer fee here in NJ. And it is a high quality receiver, with a Picatinny Rail integral on the top. I pieced the rest of it together with OEM stuff from eBay, a Shilen barrel (for cheap) from eBay and a Fajen stock from Gunbroker. I never put one of these together but it was pretty simple. And it shoots! Seems to be pretty accurate. I do think I am going to have to glass bed it as the stock seemed to have settled in and got loose, opening things up. The only other issue is that some types of 22LR don't extract, live rounds that is. They chamber but the extractor can't pull them out without firing them. Other ones do extract just fine. For instance CCI Std Vel and Win T-22 don't extract without being fired. But CCI Mini Mags do fine. It is a match chamber in the barrel and the nose sticks in the rifling. A common problem with these hot-rodded 10/22's. I am going to put a Power Custom Extractor in and see if that changes things. Not a huge problem at the range but it would be a safety issue if you were hunting. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feddersen1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	194676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feddersen2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	194677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feddersen3.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	194678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feddersen4.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	194679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feddersen6.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	194680
    I am attaching some pics. That is an old Weaver T-10 scope I had laying around, 10X and an adjustable objective. I thought the whole deal came out pretty well. And I can recommend the Feddersen receivers if anyone is looking to build one. They make barrels too. I haven't used one but they have a great rep on RFC. Nice thing about this gun, I don't have to reload for it. Just sweep the cases up when I am done!

That is a cool rifle!
    But I want that scope badly.

Banned
    Der Gebrigsjager,

In addition to Texas, the States of Alaska, Delaware, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina & Virginia all had armed militias on land and/or sea & whose State or private militias had actual WWII service.
    (Other States MAY have had wartime militias but those are the States that I can currently document.)

At least the States of Delaware, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas & Virginia had Armed Watercraft in the WWII era. - Some of those gunboats were State-owned/operated & some remained privately-owned, throughout the war.
    (I've found information in various places that indicate that DE, MD & VA Departments of Prisons "loaned" machineguns to their armed/privately-owned gunboats.)

ADDENDA: The US Navy gave diesel engines to numerous commercial fishermen & yachtsmen in 1941-43 to repower the privately-owned gunboats.
    At least one of those former gunboats still exists. = THE CITY OF RICHMOND, which was formerly the commercial fish-boat GERRI-ANNE, is still owned & operated as a commercial fisherman by the same family that operated it as a VA Naval Militia gunboat during WWII.

yours, satx
    Last edited by texasnative46; 05-04-2017 at 07:09 PM. Reason: add

Boolit Buddy
    S&W pre 29 complete with correct box and tools. Lets just say I am a bit poorer.

Boolit Master
    My S&W 686+ 3" is on layaway
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    Just ordered a new M&P Shield in 9mm, couldn't pass up a sub 250 deal. I've wanted one since they released them so it was a pleasant surprise to see how far the price came down.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    The last gun I bought...
    I bought a used sako L579 Forester in .243 a few months ago and a Cimarron Win1873 clone with an octagon barrel in .45Colt a couple weeks later.

I also ordered a pair of Cimarron old model SAA clones in .44Special last fall...only one has arrived so far. Impatiently waiting for the second one.

bought a couple of other revolvers last fall, as well. I found a unfired nickle Cimarron Cattleman Cody in .45Colt at a local gunshop for $475 and a Ruger BlackHawk in .41Mag at another shop for $315. The Blackhawk shows a bit of very shallow pitting(hard to see unless you examine it closely) on a couple of spots on the cylinder. It wasn't shot very much at all and obviously spent a lot of time laying in a holster. It locks up tight with a very tight cylinder gap and my first range trip with it showed fine accuracy with a couple of my warmer handloads (still under book maximum) that also shoot very well in my other .41Mag revolvers.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Type YES ... if you read all 687 posts to this thread. I normally skip over these types of threads because they have no redeeming educational value
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

CC SA20 with green furniture.
    Giggling alot.
    be safe
    Last edited by leebuilder; 05-06-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Buddy
    I just bought a Warp 30cal pcp air rifle very sweet shooter, I'm shooting 44.75 grain JSB pellets in it at around 850fps.

Boolit Buddy
    DWM 1909 Argentinian rifle at Cabellas. Went there to look at a Turkish mauser I saw last visit. While I was trying to decide between a 1941 and 1944 production, both completely mismatching, I just happened to spot another Mauser in the rack. It was a 1909 DWM Mauser rifle, appears to be all matching and still has considerable remnants of cosmoline visible. Cost about as much as both Turks combined, but too pretty to pass up. Got it home and looked closer at the barrel, shiny without any signs of corrosion. By coincidence I just finishing up loading 100x 7.65x53 with PPU brass, 10.0gr Red Dot and NOE 314299 vulcan checked and sized to .314 for my 1909 Cavalry Carbine. I'll make it a Mauser day at the range next week; take both Argentine, Brazil 1908 in 7x57, Swedish M96 in 6.5x55 and Yugo M24/47 in 7.92x57.

Performance Center 625 S/W 45acp moon clipper also 45 auto rim Brass

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by frogleg View Post
    Performance Center 625 S/W 45acp moon clipper also 45 auto rim Brass
    Very nice!

Boolit Master
    Does an action count? I picked up my Kelblys Stolle Panda F-Class action today, along with the Bix 'n Andy trigger.

Boolit Master
    just picked up a sweet little 45-70 double and its little brother 30-06 today both don't even look like they've been fired still in boxes with oil paper wrapping.

Boolit Buddy
    Model 71 Winchester,circa 1939 In very good shape. I even found a box of 348 ammo sitting on a local dealers shelf....from the 1990's.

Boolit Buddy
    Perazzi TMX Special

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2542.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	195579

Ruger no.1 Varmint stainless laminated in 204 last month - 45/70 Guide Gun on Saturday ... . both classics . . and they both come up so close together i almost said i cant afford the Marlin . . almost

Boolit Bub
    Cz455

A friend called and asked if he could drop over with some guns from a friend's estate that a family member had asked him to sell on behalf of the family. He wasn't sure about pricing or desirability on them and wanted my opinion on them. I couldn't resist buying one for myself and took it on the spot. It's a large action Martini MK III ME that is 1894 dated, originally in .303 British, but at some point it was re-barreled with a medium heavy round barrel in .38-55 WCF, re-stocked, lever reworked, and then mounted with an old vintage Lyman All American 6 power with a heavy vertical post and a single horizontal cross hair plus a set of iron sights. I love single shots, especially like Martini actions, and have always loved the .38-55 WCF cartridge so I couldn't pass it up.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 35 of 133 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast