MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 34 of 132 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Buddy

300 BO Handi rifle....now if I could get a day off to go shoot it!!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Rossi 92 Lever, .45Colt, 20" round barrel.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    S&W Combat Masterpiece K38 made in 1950. Beautiful revolver and the term "masterpiece" is appropriate....loves boolits.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prsman23 View Post
    Sheridan knocabout.
    Yes. That Sheridan. Single shot
    .22 lr. Their one and only foray into firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is an odd duck and I like it.

I picked up an Israeli surplus Beretta, adaptor arrived last week. Neat little gun!

Yesterday bought a "spare" Beeman P17 single pump pnuematic target pistol from Amazon with 1250 crossman pointed .177 pellets for under 50$ for both.

Yes it is a spare, my first one gets used daily in my living room from my recliner. Shooting into a cardboard box filled with paper. Distance is not long but good days 5 shots make one ragged hole. Bad I'll have a flier or 2 a 1/4 inch out.

I enjoy it enough that I wanted a spare in case mine laid down on me. Swap the 11mm dovetail to weaver rail adapter with the Red Dot on it, half a dozen shots to zero and I'd be back in business. And I have one on hand should I run into someone deserving of a nice reasonable target pistol with a great trigger.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Tygar, my wife's 9mm and my .40 Shields have been stellar. Let us know how that .45 does. You got a great deal.
    Best, Thomas.
    Shot about 60 rounds, 230 FMJ & 230 lead. The pistol cycled from the first shot & had no malfunctions. The trigger isn't bad for a DAO. I didn't get any accuracy at 12yds where I shot, but basically minute of black on target. Mostly me, wrong glasses to see front site & bad shakes. Tried a 1/2 size man target & all were in target but not all in the heart locker.

The magazines still suck! HAD to use the loader to load them. This may be a "major" problem if you expect to have to reload by hand. Hopefully, they will get better. The best I could do was 3 on a couple of them, but only 1 in a couple.

A Ruger 77/357. I've been waiting for one to pop up and this one fell into my lap when I'd just about given up. Kind of like finding a good wife.

Best part was the three mags it came with along with a crapload of loading gear.

No complaints here......
    There are precious few horror films that couldn't be cut well short by a single loaded 12 gauge and someone with the sense to use it. -- K.R. Murphy

Boolit Master
    Just had to have a Chiappa Little sharps and recently did the paper work for same Caliber 38-55.

My dealer has a serial number so I'm hoping it will get here before the 10 day wait is over.

Currently collecting the needs to reload, have dies and brass purchased, got an accurate mold on order from Tom guess I need to order a size die from lathesmith but want to have the mold in hand to measure lube hole spacing before ordering.

HM

Quote Originally Posted by aap2 View Post
    S&W Combat Masterpiece K38 made in 1950. Beautiful revolver and the term "masterpiece" is appropriate....loves boolits.
    That is the revolver I think of first when I hear "S&W Revolver"
    My wife has the stainless version model 67 but the blue model 15 is my pick.

Coonan 357 Magnum always wanted one, finally found one here in Canada

Perma - Banned
    last Thursday I bought thru Walmart special order a new savage axis bolt action left handed 243 and also picked up a new Nikon buckmaster 2 3-9-40 scope and put that on it! now need more brass as I have only a few as I bought a new set of dies lee ultimate set and so ready to reload for it!

Well, I got one I always wanted. And when some prices came down, I got a Ruger #1 in 7mm-08. I forgot to add it is a 1A Sporter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger #1 7mm-08.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	194524

I just bought another WW II issue Winchester '94 PCMR carbine in .30-30. Yes, you read that right ... WW II issue. During the war a concerned group of locals here in Victoria contacted the government and suggested that there should be a militia group made up from selected local folks that knew the area well (loggers, commercial fishermen, outdoorsmen and sportsmen) who could patrol the island's coastline. There was serious concern at the time that the Japanese could land agents by submarine who would then blow up train trestles, rail yards, bridges, or start deliberate forest fires to draw manpower away from the war effort. The military and government agreed and formed the Pacific Coast Militia Rangers (PCMR) with Company Number One located here in Victoria. They patrolled the area from Victoria to Nanaimo and across to Uclulet ... essentially the entire lower end of of Vancouver Island. By the end of the war the PCMR had grown to several thousand members with a number of PCMR Companies and stretched from the island to the Alberta border (the Rocky Mountain Rangers). Due to shortages of military arms the Canadian government purchased about 3,500 Winchester '94 .30 WCF 20" barrel carbines and marked them on the receiver, the forend, and the buttstock with the Canadian military stamp of a British Commonwealth "broad arrow" within a capital "C". This group of militia issued carbines all fall within the 1,330,000 serial number range. Military web slings were installed using Lee Enfield and Ross rifle swivels, and special ammunition was contracted that featured a 160 grain full metal jacketed bullet for military issue to the PCMR Companies. At the end of the war the PCMR Companies were disbanded and the members were given the opportunity to purchase their issue carbines for the lordly sum of $5 ... which most of them did. Although scarce as a general rule, here in my area they are relatively common since many of the original PCMR members lived on Vancouver Island and purchased their rifles at the war's end. I've owned several over the years and have two (including this new one) at the moment. So now you know all about PCMR Winchester '94 carbines ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Great history lesson, Reverend Al. Thanks for all the photos. The Win. 94 was also used here in the USA for paramilitary organizations to supplement stocks of regular issue rifles, and in some instances was issued to regular stateside troops for stateside use. One does occasionally run across an article about them, but the actual rifles seem to be either less common or less easily identified.

Boolit Grand Master

A 160gr FMJ FP? That I'd like to see.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned
    I had to have a long barreled Marlin in 30-30. I wanted a 336 Cowboy but they are hard to find and expensive.

I was browsing the interwebs the other day when I found this for sale in Montana. It is a 1893 with a 26" barrel, manufactured in 1899. It is now at my FFL while the DROS goes through.

According to the seller the previous owner had it restored in the 60's. The blueing is magnificent, all the inscriptions are legible. The wood is great and the bore is excellent. I am going to slug the bore today and start casting/loading for it.

Name:	Marlin 2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	194542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marlin 3.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	194543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marlin 1893.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	194544

Actually they were a 160 grain full metal jacketed round nose bullet that were contracted through Remington. I have an original box of PCMR fmj .30 WCF ammo squirreled away someplace. If I can find it I'll post a photo or two ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    A 160gr FMJ FP? That I'd like to see.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by drjjpdc View Post
    Well, I got one I always wanted. And when some prices came down, I got a Ruger #1 in 7mm-08. I forgot to add it is a 1A Sporter.

Name:	Ruger #1 7mm-08.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	194524
    Very Nice! Good taste

Banned
    Der Gebirgsjager,

During & starting in the first months of WWII, The Texas Coastal Patrol (which was a State-authorized group of citizens of Texas, who acted against the interests of the Axis powers & armed private watercraft against German submarines) bought (from normal commercial sources) & used a large number of Winchester Model 94 rifles & carbines aboard those private gunboats.
    (As far as I have so far determined, those privately-acquired firearms were NEVER marked in any way.)

For example, THE CITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI, the former 99 foot privately-owned racing yawl PURITAN, is known to have been privately-armed with at least a pair of WWI vintage MAXIM water-cooled MG, at least 20 Winchester Model 94 & 95 rifles in .30-30, .32.40 & .30 US calibers, numerous pump & SA shotguns and handguns of several sorts/calibers.

yours, satx
    Last edited by texasnative46; 05-03-2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: add

Well, you Texans can always be counted on to be ready for trouble in a big way! Over the years I've read several articles that mentioned '94s in the hands of US Military during WW II who were stationed stateside but remotely. I might even have a couple of the articles, but everything is packed up for an anticipated change of location early this summer.

Speaking of Maxims, a few years ago a couple of buddies were fishing in the South Umpqua River here in Oregon in a drift boat, and happened to look down into the middle of a crystal clear pool. There, sitting on the bottom was a Maxim. They managed to fish it out and took it home. Cleaned it all up and polished the brass parts, then phoned the ATF and asked if they could keep it. "Nope! We'll be right over."

Page 34 of 132 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast