RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 19 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Perma-Banned

Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Special 4.2" barrel with adjustable sights...about 3wks ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74442_2048x2048.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	182330

Picked up a couple of 9x18mm pistols. A P64 and a CZ82.

Boolit Man
    Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter 45LC. Had the dies, bunch of brass, and a couple bullet molds I had aquired through a sale so why not.

Boolit Master
    Oops....another 1911 has found a new home with me.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Just ordered a left hand Ruger Hawkeye in 300 RCM. Has factory iron sights and a 20
    inch barrel. Should make for a compact hard hitting deer rifle
    And bear,elk,moose, Bigfoot etc.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals

For 22 years I have been buying broken 22s to fix them.
    I got 7 more cheap guns today.

Boolit Buddy

Just ordered a 22 TCM bolt action , does that count

Boolit Master
    Either a beautiful Model 60-14 or the Ruger American Ranch in .300blk, I don't remember which came second on the receipt.

Old Savage 340C 222 Remington! Not a fancy rifle, BUT - aftermarket piece of wood with a TON of figure in it - prob $500 range these days - AND been fully glassed bedded. Came w/o mount/rings. And thought the last 1 1/2" bbl was a sewer pipe. Nope. Perfect little holes at 100 yds. So... Now, all set to reload, Weaver side mount/rings (about only option with this one) and a shiny new Leupold VX1 3x9. Just gotta find the time to load and test! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Humble View Post
    ITHACA FLUES 4E SINGLE TRAP SHOTGUN

12 Ga., 2 3/4". S# 271431-T. Bbl. 32" VR w/ fixed full choke. Ivory front & mid beads. Case colored ejector action w/ full coverage foliate scroll engraving featuring trap shooting scene on left side w/ American eagle on right side. Ebony tipped beavertail forearm & straight hand walnut stock w/ name shield in toeline. Fancy fleur de lis hand checkering. LOP: 14 1/2" over original Ithaca buttplate. DAC: 1 1/2". DAH: 2 1/2". Weight: 8 lbs 4.5 oz. CONDITION: 90% slightly faded bbl. blue. Action retains over 80% bright case colors w/ fading in hinge pin area. Original stock finish shows light wear w/ scattered scratches, dents & handling marks. Very good bore.

Older than me (that's OLD)!

Attachment 178801
    Attachment 178802

You could not buy a new 870 Trap for what it cost!
    Beautiful. Suck it Holland & Holland! Best, Thomas.

I just brought home a new Savage FCP-SR 308 Win. It has a 24" 1 in 10 Heavy fluted and threaded barrel. AccuStock and AccuTrigger and a ten round detachable magazine. Sat a nice Vortex scope on the rail. I haven't made it out to the range yet but it sure looks like it should shoot bug holes. lol I'll let ya all know. Gp

Boolit Mold
    My gun purchases overlap, because they are not always purchased as "a gun." One gun doesn't always arrive on a given date. Sometimes it comes in pieces, and it may take a year or two to find all the parts.
    There was the su-weet little custom underhammer stock and action, a Chas Daly Damascus double with one blown barrel, a Martini International MkIII that needs a stock. Then came a very nice "chunk" barrel for the underhammer, a donor damascus barrel to be grafted into the left side of the Daly, and I'm still looking for wood for the Martini. I'm not a purist. I do love anything that goes "Bang!"
    There's no such thing as a bad gun. There are bad designs, and bad executions of those designs. There are bad workmanship, and bad materials. And I suppose I could come up with a host of other "bad'. But none of those are the gun's fault. Just because it was hammered out as a Pakistani blacksmith's or an Ohio youngster's first project, just because it looks like it is a piece of cra-ap, doesn't mean the gun itself is "bad." Good and bad infer a moral imperative. I look at that gun a kid butchered into a trap-line gun with a half damascened or case-hardened nail, or a drill-press turned and filed grade-8 bolt, annealed, filed, and tempered for a firing pin, and I love it. The stories behind them are fascinating.
    But I'd sure like to know the story behind how that little Daly blew its barrel!

Boolit Master
    Henry "Big Boy", in 45 Long colt.
    20" Octagon barrel, and unreal wood!

I am Absolutely amazed at the wood/l to metal fit! Some serious talent working at that factory!

I applyed some linseed oil to the wood, and hand rubbed the wood till it nearly burnt the skin on my hands for an after noon. Now the wood just glows and looks like you can see deep into the grain now!

Boolit Master
    Frontier Armory carbine in 9mm. These are a slightly scaled lower that uses Glock magazines. You have no idea how fast these fat little fingers can empty a 31 round magazine...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Glock 17A Gen4 with a few extra mags and a extra barrel (Wolff). All my Semi Auto pistols are 1911s, all but one Colts.

The A on the model number is an Australia only model, it comes with a slightly longer barrel with thread protector as we have a minimum 120mm barrel length for semi auto sporting pistols.

Photos coming up tomorrow.

Edit: Got the gun, shot it, went ok apart from rubbing my big trigger finger badly (Dremel will be used shortly), but my back was so bad I was almost beside myself and forgot the photos.
    Last edited by Four Fingers of Death; 12-19-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Oops....another 1911 has found a new home with me.
    spoke to soon....apparently the gunbroker dealer sold the gun even after I won and sent payment......hope I get my refund.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Perma-Banned

Mossberg 464...mailed payment Wed.

Name:	pix744398828.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	182862

Name:	pix640152085.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	182863

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarflytyer View Post
    Old Savage 340C 222 Remington! Not a fancy rifle, BUT - aftermarket piece of wood with a TON of figure in it - prob $500 range these days - AND been fully glassed bedded. Came w/o mount/rings. And thought the last 1 1/2" bbl was a sewer pipe. Nope. Perfect little holes at 100 yds. So... Now, all set to reload, Weaver side mount/rings (about only option with this one) and a shiny new Leupold VX1 3x9. Just gotta find the time to load and test! Can't wait!
    B-square mount is much better than the weaver. It cost around $55 but well worth it.
    I bought a 340D the other day in 222. Just finished mounting a vintage weaver k10-60B and sling mounts and sling.
    340's are sure ugly but all I have had shot fabulous.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Bub
    A nice Remington 1100 LT20, well used but runs like a watch after a good cleaning. Now on the lookout for a set of 20GA tools for my Pacific 360.

Boolit Bub
    Ruger 77/357. Worked up a couple loads to try out in it whenever I can get to the range. Hopefully this week!

Page 19 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast