Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 11 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Mold
    Winchester M70 Extreme in .308 Win

Boolit Master
    awaiting a 10-5 6" blued that I won with a low bid. 3rd transaction on gunbroker hope all goes well again.

Banned
    Well, once again I should learn to leave my auction finger well enough alone. Put in a low bid on a Marlin 44Mag & got it. Didn't really want or need it. Guess I'll scope it & see what it will do.

Did low ball a NIB S&W 66 & got it $105 under wholesale, might have already mentioned that ???.

Anyway, one of my gunsmiths called (he does my LR & BR guns) & asked what the heck do I want to do with the new Rem 700 SA receiver I had sent to him about 4 months ago? huh, was my brilliant reply. Couldn't remember what I got it for, so we discussed it & I had a nice semi heavy 24" 308 brl (4.4#s) & a basiks trigger (the receiver has one of the "good" Remington triggers so will try it first), & took it over to him. He had a nice used McMillan stock that fit perfect. Put it all together & it went together nice. A little tight on headspace so need to run the match reamer in it & try it out. Probably Mon or Tues.

Have several other toys being made with a couple that should be done shortly; 338-06, 308 LR 14 twist & a 280.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tygar View Post
    Well, once again I should learn to leave my auction finger well enough alone. Put in a low bid on a Marlin 44Mag & got it. Didn't really want or need it. Guess I'll scope it & see what it will do.
    You are in good company...this is how I ended up with 500lbs of lead from ebay and the latest items from gunbroker. I see the starting bid and figure "dang that's low someone else will surely bid on the item"....sure enough I still with 95% of them and had to explain to my wife where the fun budget went for the month. I keep telling myself to block gunbroker from my list of websites but then I see another shiny model 10 and can't help myself. At least I console myself with the fact they don't really go down in value and I could always resell them if I choose.

My current day marlin bolt action 22lr *still* won't reliably extract cases on its own despite being sent back. My glenfield 70s model fires like a champ with no issues. I've come to believe the remlin stories are accurate and I will shy away from current production models.

Boolit Master
    500 pounds of lead? I bet the UPS delivery person wasn't thrilled with that delivery. But at least that might let you cast bullets for a while though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    You are in good company...this is how I ended up with 500lbs of lead from ebay and the latest items from gunbroker. I see the starting bid and figure "dang that's low someone else will surely bid on the item"....sure enough I still with 95% of them and had to explain to my wife where the fun budget went for the month. I keep telling myself to block gunbroker from my list of websites but then I see another shiny model 10 and can't help myself. At least I console myself with the fact they don't really go down in value and I could always resell them if I choose.

My current day marlin bolt action 22lr *still* won't reliably extract cases on its own despite being sent back. My glenfield 70s model fires like a champ with no issues. I've come to believe the remlin stories are accurate and I will shy away from current production models.
    I'm considering selling or trading it before I scope or fire it. Just don't know. Have the Rossi 44 so....

I hear the Marlins don't shoot heavy bullets well because of the twist so going to ask the guys on the lever thread the scoop on the new Marlin twist. But that may not really matter as I like the 245-250s in my 29-629s. Only shoot the bigger bullets in the SRH.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    500 pounds of lead? I bet the UPS delivery person wasn't thrilled with that delivery. But at least that might let you cast bullets for a while though.
    LMAO it was the poor USPS lady they were all in MFRB ins 30lb increments. I was a bit tipsy and got bid happy on ~ 20 auctions a piece assuming I would lose half of them. The first day she showed up with 3 boxes and grumbled as she dropped them at the door, I luckily caught her and warned her of the impending storm. Every day after that she was all smiles since I would be waiting at the door when she honked the horn and unloaded everything myself. It pays to be nice to the service industry folks if you see them all the time.

UPS can eat a **** IMHO, I never see the same driver twice, no consistent policy as to when they want me to sign or not, sometimes the packages are in great shape sometimes partially destroyed. It is the default option for amazon and other websites I frequent so I get packages a lot during the week. As my last position was a remote tech job I am just used to having packages/parts delivered at all parts of the day and switching from the "enterprise" folks back to "commerical/residential" was a slap in the face. Considering the extra fee's I pay and hazmat ETC you would think there would be a bit more care involved with a package that could detonate. Still awaiting the box of 10k primers that "walked off" the truck.

Boolit Buddy
    The last is the best handgun that I own. Mint Pre model 29 4in in an almost mint box.

Boolit Bub
    Last one is a Savage 10FP 26" barrel in 308 Win. that I bought from another member of a gulf coast forum Now I've got to save up for decent glass which is going to cost at least 1.5 times more than the rifle did.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine is a 1950 manufactured Marlin 336A in .35 Remington.

Boolit Mold
    The last gun I bought? As far as my wife knows, it was about 17 guns ago.

I put a used .40 S&W Shield on layaway. The love of my life took my S&W Shield 9mm for herself. On my way to a little cast boolitshooter. Best,Thomas.

Boolit Buddy
    Last one I bought was a Winchester (Miroku) 1892 large loop 16" carbine in .45 Colt to match my Vaquero. It's still in the mail somewhere.

One before that was an old model Vaquero .45 and before that was an 1895 SRC Miroku in .30-06.

Still looking for a couple of the new smaller frame .45 Vaqueros and another Miroku SRC in .30-40.
    Last edited by HawkCreek; 07-19-2016 at 06:11 PM.

22 VarTarg Turbo heavy fluted barrel on a Rem700 action, laminated stock with dies n cases . . . impulse buy, probably rechamber to .223AI later on

I bought a Marlin 336 SC on Gunbroker and the seller was Gander Mountain. It made it a easy transaction since they sent the rifle to a GM store that is only 15 mins. from my home and no transfer fee.
    While I was there at the store I looked at the few used guns they had and what do I find ?
    A Savage M 720 semiauto shotgun for $99.99 ! The only thing wrong with it is a really poorly fitted recoil pad and a small crack in the forend.
    After looking it over good I said , I'll take this too ! They gave me a 30 day return option on both guns if I found anything I didn't like or if either didn't function properly. I couldn't beat that !
    I needed the shotgun like a hole in the head.... but a gun with no stamped parts that's essentially a hump back Browning in nice shape for $ 100, I would have bought a dozen of them if they had them.
    Every now and then I get lucky !

Jedman

Banned
    my last gun, which came by the way, is a ruger super blackhawk with a 4 5/8" barrel in 44 mag. it has a nice rosewood grip and it is blued. i did shoot 10 44 mag rounds out of her, but i think i'm going to go with the 44 sp. with 250gr mihek hp and a load of unique. i've loaded up some 44 sp that are 220gr wc and 6.5gr of unique, it will help me using a "new" type of grip( this is my first sbh ever) and the trigger(which is very nice).
    i wanted stainless steel for it but a blued one was available, so i took it. ss vs blued don't really bother me, so i am glad to have it. it balances nice, unlike my old ruger srh with a 7.5" barrel did. oh, i have had a stroke and the right half of my body is no good, but the left half is alllrrrrriiiigggggtttttt!

the old 44 mag, i had a hard time holding it still with a 7.5" barrel. but with a 4 5/8" barrel with a single action is best for me.

Boolit Master
    Somehow, I accumulated over $1100 in the gun fund. So, I ordered a Savage 112 BA Target Action (single shot) laminated stock 338 LAPUA Magnum ten days ago, It showed up on Wednesday, and brown did not run over it with a fork lift or do other damage. My local guy is a real fine person. If I pay up front, he will get me anything for total shipped cost plus Twenty-five dollars. Out the door, $954.14. He had another customer interested, but wanted to actually see one first. I told my guy he could call this guy when he called me. Guy spent about five minutes fondling it, wiped all of the drool off, and ordered one himself.

Good deal for all concerned, I would say.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoyka View Post
    my last gun, which came by the way, is a ruger super blackhawk with a 4 5/8" barrel in 44 mag.
    Nice gun, I have a Blackhawk Convertible in 45Colt /45APC, same length barrel, I'd love a shorty 44Mag to keep it company, haha.

Last edited by Four Fingers of Death; 07-24-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Star PD 45acp. About the size of a Colt Officers Model. Alloy frame 26oz empty.Attachment 172845Attachment 172846
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    Nice gun, I have a Blackhawk Convertible in 45Colt /45APC, same length barrel, I'd love a shorty 44Mag to keep it company, haha.

thats a nice gun!!! i've been think of buying another ruger blackhawk in 45 colt(4 5/8"), alright i AM gonna buy another blackhawk. i just have to to wait until i get some spendin money! these darn blackhawks can't stand to alone....

Page 11 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast