Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 75 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2636

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    Reverend AL that is a very cool gun. What power is that Uberti?
    Finally got the rifle in my hands a few days ago. The Unertl turned out to be a "small game" model in 6 power. I'm transplanting the scope onto my Winchester 1885 Low Wall in .22 WCF since it just suits that rifle and calibre better. I don't need a High Wall in .220 Swift so I will eventually re-barrel it back into an older, more traditional lead boolit calibre.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    I don't need a High Wall in .220 Swift so I will eventually re-barrel it back into an older, more traditional lead boolit calibre.
    The 220Swift has plenty of cred, it's been around since 1935.

But if you are already well equipped in similar stuff...........
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Yes, have enough bolt action varminters (such as .17 Remington Ackley Improved and .223 Remington) so I really don't need a .220 Swift, especially in a nice old High Wall action ... it deserves a far more traditional calibre ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

RIA .380 1911 AKA the baby rock.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8179.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	233823

Yes, have enough bolt action varminters (such as .17 Remington Ackley Improved and .223 Remington) so I really don't need a .220 Swift, especially in a nice old High Wall action ... it deserves a far more traditional calibre ...
    Been giving some thought to rebuilding that High Wall into .25-35 Winchester ...

Been giving some thought to rebuilding that High Wall into .25-35 Winchester ...
    Hyphenated Highwall has a good ring to it.

I have WAY too many ongoing project guns already so of course I bought another one! Couldn't help myself though ... a Winchester 1885 Low Wall w/ half octagon half round barrel in .38 WCF / .38-40 Winchester. Dates about 1901 or 1902 by the serial number. I do love single shot rifles. Just waiting for it to arrive in the mail ...
    It arrived, but haven't had any time to test fire it yet. #1 contour 1/2 octagon / 1/2 round 28" barrel with a single set trigger. This one will be fun to shoot!

And in today's mail my other recent purchase just arrived. A Marlin Ballard No. 5 Pacific in .38-55 WCF. I DO love single shots ...

And there are still 2 more single shot rifles yet to come that I just cut a deal on ...

Boolit Buddy
    'And there are still 2 more single shot rifles yet to come that I just cut a deal on ...'

Hoarder (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Nice Ballard

Quote Originally Posted by rmark View Post
    'And there are still 2 more single shot rifles yet to come that I just cut a deal on ...' Hoarder (not that there's anything wrong with that) Nice Ballard
    Thanks, LOL ... I shot the Ballard today at 100 yards and I'm very pleased with the initial results at 100 yards. Lots more load testing to do ...

21.0 grains of IMR4198 (no filler) with a 255 grain boolit .3805" diameter, WW cases, WLR primer

Last edited by Reverend Al; 01-16-2019 at 06:24 AM.

A mint condition Armalite AR-10A2. $900. I feel incredibly lucky.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TXUsbUc.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	234039

It finally arrived, I purchased it a couple of months ago from interstate and it was dirt cheap! The guy handling the shipping left the gunshop. then Christmas arrived, etc, etc, etc.

It is a Winchester Model 70 Westerner and was an old farm rifle. It has a fair degree of pitting on the bolt and at the end of the barrel. The bore is pretty reasonable and wasn't too dirty. The bolt shroud, etc looks like someone has been pumping mud in there and I almost expect a Hornet to poke his nose out, The rifle fires ok and the safety is jammed and won't swing through to each safety position.

I'm drawing a blank on the normal sites I use to date Winchesters from what I can gather, these were produced in the early 80s. The serial number is G15478XX

The scope is an old 8x Tasco in Weaver rings.

When we had a target change, I got a youngster to put a target up for me and he misundestood me and put it up in the wrong spot. I fred group of 5 and when I looked through the spotting scope, I realised that the target I was shooting at was riddled with bullet holes. At this stage. I pulled my lower back out (lots of damage there) and as it was 110degrees, I decided to pack it in. I'll be back.

I'm not real sure on how to strip the bolt with the stuck safety. Previous Model 70s, I cocked the rifle, swung the safety to the middle position, removed the bolt and pressed the little button and unscrewed it. No amount of brake cleaner, top quality penetrating oil, etc is shifting it so far. I'd appreciate any ideas.

This rifle was going to be a 257 Roberts, but the bore is good enough to use as is (243Win).

I was looking at the stock and wondering what I was looking at and I realised that it has no sling swivel studs (blind magazine as well). I suppose it was an economy model and they must have saved 5cents on that.

This is after lots of soaking, spraying, etc, you should have seen it when I started!

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master

Last edited by skeettx; 01-16-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Capture the sear part of the cocking piece in a vise. Push the disassembly button and pull the bolt body forward as you unscrew it against the mainspring. Just me, but that looks like a 70's model- but I was always a Remington/ Mauser guy back then so no help there. I'll wager that .243 will do just fine. I love blind magazines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

poly80 glock 19 build & a G22 police trade-in

The vise was the next step. It was 100+degrees in the evening here and my Wife and I were sitting under the aircon and the best I has was Vice Grips, haha. I'll try it downstairs in the morning. Thanks.

I know exactly what the 110+ degrees will do to you. Takes the fun plum out of anything. Take care with that dirty firing mechanism. Better the firing pin sticks in the wallboard than you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Springfeild Saint 5.56 pistol.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

a stainless mini 30 ranch rifle tonight

screw you Cuomo and your equine transport
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Page 75 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast