Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Any Kel Tec Sub 2000 fans here?

Boolit Master

Any Kel Tec Sub 2000 fans here?

I know I have not seen anything posted on them in quite some time. I recently bought my 2nd one, after foolishly selling my first one. The newer model does not have any iron sights, but if you mount a optic of choice, when you fold it, the barrel rotates, so your optic is sitting off to the side. I got mine new, with a gently used Weaver Holographic red dot, I guess that is what you call it, only about 1 1/2 inches long, had to put it near the end of the barrel on the picatinny rail, but it is fast, and accurate, hard to miss a quart oil can at 100yds. Neither one of mine has had the first hiccup, anyone else have a similar experience.

Boolit Master
    I bought one of the first gen models when the company did some things that pleased me politically. Fun to shoot for sure!!! Zero optic mounting opportunity due to the folding design, but I don't care. It currently resides in my wife's vehicle to be 'the gun to shoot yourself towards ' with her CCP. She enjoys shooting it and shoots it well.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Bought a couple of the first Gen's when they came out a 40 then a 9mm.....They got real good return in some trades I did. The price point though now is a lot higher. There are better options when you factor that in....But, yeah, they are fun.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    I just handled one...Guy offered it to sell me, Seemed reasonable...as I recall
    But, I do Not know what reasonable Is!!!

Boolit Grand Master
    I had an early one and like a fool sold it. I had bought it as a home defense gun for the lady I was partnered with at the time and she could not pull back the bolt. That was the only negative.

Over 95% of rounds were cast loads with the 122 gr TC Magma bullet and was very reliable.

Even though it was not a "jam-o-matic", having a gun she could not clear if something happened killed it.

We only shot it at 7-10 yards (SD range) and it made ragged one hole groups.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Got a 1st gen 9mm as well, more of a novelty than anything else. Bought a matching concealed carrying bag that fits in a backpack with 2-30rd mags & 1-17rd.
    Sights are flimsy plastic but for a cheap PCC, can’t complain.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Have a first gen in 40 using a MP 160 with the hollow points ..very enjoyable and accurate !
    When at the range , I get the occasional stare as I open my briefcase pull out the toy and unfold ..
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Master

Fired two or three of them. Hate them. I like and own several KelTec products so no animosity to the company, but I do not like that weapon.

Boolit Mold
    They are light and handy. I didn't like the plastic hinge and it felt like it was going to fly apart when shooting it. I thought is was expensive for being a very light cheaply manufactured gun.

I had one about 15 years ago. It was the glock 40 caliber model. It had a bad habit of stope piping on the last round. I tinkered on it quite a bit, and I was getting some advice over on KTOG forum but her could get it working right.

I never looked back once I sold it to the gunsmith.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master
    Yup, one here behind me.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    Gen 1 here, I am not a fan of that slot on the bottom. It functions well and also make your favorite finger leak!