Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 93 of 133 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2643

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Added 2 Schuetzen rifles to the collection lately. Both are unmarked (Guild rifles) and both have very good bores. One was sold to me as being in .40-50 Bottleneck (but it is more likely in a similar sized European metric cartridge as yet undetermined) and the other is in 9.5x47R. I love these old European Schuetzen rifles ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Nice ReverendAl. The work that went into producing them. Must have been something to see back in the day.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96D2D377-E278-4F20-97FA-96AC5C95DD89.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	250864My latest rifle, a Remington 721 in 30-06. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06E1C48C-A3F0-4682-867F-2618748DEBA9.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	250863

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I added a Savage Mk II 22lr with a bull barrel. Came with a Weaver 3x9 scope. Plastic stock. Used and fairly cheap.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Norinco 1911 9mm. The previous owner stripped the blueing off, intending to refinish it, but ran out of steam. Picked up cheap as part payment for a rifle that I no longer needed.

Also bought a black Ruger Wrangler 22LR. No photos yet, awaiting delivery.

"I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

That looks pretty nice, Four Fingers-- and it's obviously already had a lot done to it in the area of custom parts. If we didn't live half a world away I'd probably stop by with some trading material!

Boolit Buddy
    The last I bought is a used run of the mill Savage 110 7mm Rem mag,but the last new one I bought is a "Winchester" XPR,and while it shoots great ,and has a nice trigger it does have issues.I knew and am not really bothered by the fact that it has a single row 3 shot mag that hangs out of the gun,but my biggest beef with it is an engineering mistake,and I cant help but wonder how it was missed.The head of the bolt is far smaller than the body of it,and there is no angle on the size transition.The problem is the big part of the bolt wants to catch the next round in the mag as it is shoving one into the chamber .It needs some angle to shove the next round down rather than try to catch it.I can work the bolt hard,and fast,and it does feed,but it should not be like that..These XPRs are about the same Action as the ABolt3,but I think the AB3 has a double row mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    That looks pretty nice, Four Fingers-- and it's obviously already had a lot done to it in the area of custom parts. If we didn't live half a world away I'd probably stop by with some trading material!
    That's pretty much how they were imported into Australia, although the other one I have and the other ones I have seen have a rubber wrap around grip. Great value, half the price of any other 1911.

The other one I have was in the bottom of my safe during a storm when I was away interstate and it is soaking in oil at the moment, so they both need refinishing. Brownells Australia refuse to import Oxpho-Blue, so I'm considering other refinishing options. Perhaps DuraCote Aerosol.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy
    Dry tropics of Australia. Where crocs and Barra rule!
    Consider a rust blue. Easy, Durable but time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceA View Post
    Consider a rust blue. Easy, Durable but time consuming.
    I have been considering that, my mate does rust blueing (he took an old Martini Artillery carbine and bayonet to a gunsmith who was too busy to rust blue it and he gave him the chemicals and told him how to do it) I'l see him about getting the chemicals, etc.

I have the two Norinco 1911s and a Model 10 Smith and Wesson that need refinishing and a couple of other guns got their feet wet and will need attention.

I also have a pre 64 94 Winchester with bare spots from blood splatter. If I get the process right, that will also need attention.

A lot of elbow grease needed in my future, haha! (what am I laughing about?)

Sounds like you're in for some scrubbing and rubbing, that's for sure. All of the NORINCO 1911s I've seen were just stock 1911s without all the bells and whistles. Possibly they don't import them here all gussied up like yours is; and in fact I'm not to sure they import them here at all anymore as Chinese weapons became kind of verboten. The NORINCO 1911s have a good reputation.

" The model of the 1911" on the side of the Norincos made us laugh - but then we soon discovered that they were quality throughout. I can recommend Duracoat for hard use. I have several "everyday" guns so coated and I never worry about them as far as rust goes and its Humid around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Today I picked up two older rifles. One is an Underwoood M1 carbine manufactured in late 42 or early 43. Believe it may have seen action in Korea as well due to some of the pieces that have been replaced on it. the 2nd one is a Stevens Model 15-B today single shot bolt action 22-s-l-lr. Wanted a model 15-A but couldn't find one.

Wish I could post pics here but have yet to figure that out.

Boolit Master

Bought an M1 Garand manufactured in 1942(Year I was Born) that has been rebarreled to .308 Win. Has a CMP hang tag. Not sure when the barrel was replaced. I'll have to do a little study to get familiar with what it will take to reload/cast for this rifle.

Anyone know if load information for M1A is applicable?
    John
    W.TN

Der Gebirgsjager and Texas, Yep they are a quality gun, I remember reading that they have a harder steel than most handguns, same hardness as the Peters Stahl guns (but at about 10% of the cost, haha!). Not that that is really necessary, you don't see many guns worn out.

The DuraCote / DuraBlue are looking like the best alternative. I have a good compressor and spray equipment including an Air Brush as I intended to restore cars in my retirement (Yep! Like that was going to happen, haha). I'll have to dig it out and get some practice with cheap paint projects before doing the guns as the DuraCote, etc are really expensive here.

Funnily enough, the cheapest option for me would be to polish the guns myself and send the bits off to the gunsmith to get hot blued, haha.

didn't buy it!!! My next to the youngest came home for a visits i was helping him carry luggage inside he had a pistol case inside was a (Rock Island 1911). Him and my oldest decided i need a 1911 i was slightly shocked! It shoots awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    Nice ReverendAl. The work that went into producing them. Must have been something to see back in the day.
    Yes, I really like these old Schuetzens and have several of them now. (And it turned out that the one I bought that was supposed to be in .40-50 Sharps BN is actually chambered for a shortened version of the 11mm / .43 Mauser case instead, which is no great surprise really. I was fairly skeptical about a European rifle supposedly chambered in a North American cartridge.)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

So today I was privileged to become the new caretaker of a very nice old (circa 1893 by serial number) Winchester High Wall in .32-40 WCF with a 28" octagon #3 contour barrel and a single set trigger. Very good bore and still sincere and unaltered. The .32-40 WCF is one of my favorite cartridges to shoot so this is bound to become one of my favorite range rifles ...

Boolit Master

Picked up a Ruger 10/22 and Taurus 709 last night.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8352.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	251484
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    Bought? A High Standard Sentinel MK-II (Dan Wesson) .357 mag.

Page 93 of 133 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast