RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Need your opinion please

Moderator Emeritus

Need your opinion please

Considering these two rimfire rifles. If ya have one or both please chime in about the good, the bad and the ugly.....thanks in advance....Paul

1. CZ 457 synthetic (suppressor ready)
    2. Ruger American 8351 (suppressor ready)
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Love my Ruger American, truly feels like a quality gun that Ruger takes quite seriously. Uses 10/22 mags too.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I'd get the CZ. I have a 455 and absolutely ove that gun.

Second on the CZ. Top quality firearms.

On the other hand, Ruger makes top quality firearms and has the best customer service in the industry.

Tough choice.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    The Ruger works quite fine, for me.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to the intended task, and how much One wishes to spend to perform said task.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

I tried the Ruger for 2 days and had, shall we say, a less than stellar experience with it. It fed just fine and the scope was a no brainer to mount (3-9x) but I tried every brand and variation of 22 ammo I had, and I used probably 7 or 8 different ones but it shot softball sized groups at 50 yds. Just my luck because I like the way the American stock fits me. I bought a Savage MK II with the slightly heavier barrel and it is VERY accurate. If 'ya got the coin stashed away, I would vote CZ.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    For any kind of target shooting, the CZ is the way to go. Start out with some Eley Match in several lot numbers and pick the best one. Then buy a couple (or more) bricks.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.