Load DataRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Master

kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Good. Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I did it to myself again ... I just bought a Nicaraguan issued Remington Rolling Block in 7x57 Mauser. (I've wanted a 7x57 Roller for a while now so I just couldn't resist.) With any luck it should be in the mail to me right now!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Not the last gun I bought, but I was finally doing some shooting today with a rifle that I bought quite a while ago. It's one of the Israeli 98 Mausers in 7.62 Nato / .308 Winchester that were being sold on the surplus market a few years ago. Mine was built on a nice lion crested Czech VZ-24 action (which is why I bought it) and I thought if all else fails I can re-barrel and re-stock that nice action into something else. Well, it shoots too well to even think about that. At 200 yards it smacks the steel practice gong at our local range with absolute boring regularity ... and I was shooting up a mixed bag of old odds and ends of old .308 ammunition. Not even sure if they were all the same weight of bullets! Going to have to try shooting this old girl with some "boolits" and see what she does ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    just bought a Rem 788 in 6mm and waiting on it as we speak
    Excuse the drool please. Very cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image00006.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	193299
    Springfield Armory MIL_SPEC 45ACP and Stainless Range Officer 9mm

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Nice, I like the curved backstrap.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Mold
    my last was a savage 10 FCP in 308 win. heavy fluted threaded barrel & it is a tack driver.

Boolit Buddy
    Mauser 1908 in 7x57mm from Simpson LTD. Wood and metal in good shape, very dark bore and no visible rifling at the muzzle. Ran a couple of hour long sessions with a electronic bore cleaner, first session coated the rod with black and he liquid came out black. Second session again coated the rod, but liquid came out brown and rust poured out when emptying the barrel. Going to run some tight patches soaked in Ed's Red today then another couple sessions with the EBC. Think at the very least it will need to be counterbored, and I might need to rebarrel it. Anyone know where to get a 7x57mm barrel for a large ring Mauser?

I got a Ruger AR 556 at a gun show on Saturday, look like it will shoot good,

Not technically a gun, but I recently placed the order for a Rugged Obsidian 45 suppressor from silencershop. Subsequently, I placed a Glock 21 on layaway to go with it lol.

Moderator Emeritus

Last gun I bought was a Berretta M-301L for my youngest grandson. What I keep looking for is a Marlin .357 carbine, but I'd sooner find hen's teeth around my neck of the woods, it looks like. I hear Dunham's had a single sample that sold very quickly, and naturally, I missed it. I'm hoping Rem. gets it right with that little gun, and the chambers aren't too badly oversize, and the darn things work well. I keep looking hard at the Rossi M-92's, but just can't find the wherewithall to pull the trigger on one. They had a 16" SS model at a local gunshop, and it was as slick as any levergun I've ever handled from the factory. Like a dummy, I didn't take it home. Live and learn????

I keep looking, though. What a lonely vigil it is!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I have been looking for a 357Marlin for a friend without success for some time now. My LGS said that they used to almost own western action carbine business for years but hav fallen from popularity to the 1873s, which are a lot slicker and Remington felt that there wasn't enough call for them. He can't understand them and said that everyone he ever had in stock just walked off the shelves and he has a waiting list of about ten people who will buy the first second hand one that comes in (he also said that he hadn't seen a second hand one in his shop for a few years.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

A Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 and a Mosin Nagant.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Banned

Last gun I bought was a Winchester 1300 Defender, from our LGS. They kept it for a store defense gun. It had never been fired and I got it NIB for $300 OTD. It wasn't in brand new condition, it was brand new. Great deal.

Boolit Master
    Sheridan knocabout.
    Yes. That Sheridan. Single shot
    .22 lr. Their one and only foray into firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

In about the past month a 4.75" FA Casual with a spare 45 ACP cylinder, a S&W 627 PC and an FN HP mklll.

Boolit Master
    Remington 788 .30-30 Winchester!

Quote Originally Posted by oldblinddog View Post
    Remington 788 .30-30 Winchester!
    Way to go! A bucket list gun for sure. Enjoy!

Two days ago I bought a Smith and Wesson Model 64 with a 2 inch barrel. It is on it way here.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast