MidSouth Shooters SupplyGraf & SonsLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1598

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

  1. #1521
    Boolit Grand Master Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,657
    I swapped a rifle that I didn't need for this little Astra 32S&W Long revolver. I swapped it late last year, but due to the holidays, etc 12Hr race meeting (our range is on the side of a race track), I only picked it up today.

    It's a little bit small for my big hands, but I always fancid havign a play with one. I'd prefer a Smith and Wesson, but they are as rare as rocking horse poop and as dear as poison here, so an Astra it is.

    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

    "Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

    SASS Life Member No 82047

    http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

    Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

    From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

  2. #1522
    Boolit Master Reverend Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Victoria, B.C., Canada
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Two more Maynard single shot rifles are in the mail on the way to me right now ... and I'm about as wired up as a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive!

    They arrived! (And we're in the middle of a week long snowstorm up here in Victoria, so they won't get to the range with me anytime soon ...)

    An 1873 Maynard #10 in .40-70 thick rim Maynard 32" and an 1873 Maynard #8 Hunter 2 barrel set with a .35-30 thick rim Maynard barrel 20" and a .64 calibre smoothbore 26" barrel (aka 20 gauge using a brass 20 gauge case with a thick rim)










    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

  3. #1523
    Boolit Master Tenbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southwest Virginia Mountains
    Posts
    709
    Rossi 92 Stainless 357 20" carbine.

  4. #1524
    Boolit Grand Master Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,657
    You won't go wrong with that, I love my old blued one
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

    "Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

    SASS Life Member No 82047

    http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

    Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

    From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

  5. #1525
    Boolit Grand Master Texas by God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    I swapped a rifle that I didn't need for this little Astra 32S&W Long revolver. I swapped it late last year, but due to the holidays, etc 12Hr race meeting (our range is on the side of a race track), I only picked it up today.

    It's a little bit small for my big hands, but I always fancid havign a play with one. I'd prefer a Smith and Wesson, but they are as rare as rocking horse poop and as dear as poison here, so an Astra it is.

    I like it. Especially the cartridge case in the grip! I've never fired an Astra revolver but their autos are first rate.

  6. #1526
    Boolit Master
    JSnover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bensalem, PA
    Posts
    3,624
    A model 8 Remington in .35 caliber. Hope to shoot it soon...
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

  7. #1527
    Boolit Buddy
    Winger Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    488
    I'd been wanting one of these for awhile, and the stars finally came together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Derringer_LI.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	236126  
    Everyone can learn from their mistakes. However; it's less painful, and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of others.

    Never pick a fight with old people. If they don't think they can win, they'll kill you.

  8. #1528
    Boolit Grand Master Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I like it. Especially the cartridge case in the grip! I've never fired an Astra revolver but their autos are first rate.
    I did too, but when I got it I realised that it was a 38Special case. The guy I got it off said that the Astra badge was missing from that side when
    he bought it many years previously and the hole was too big for a 32S&W Long case head. My friend has a mill, I'm thinking of getting him to machine the 38Special casehead out to take a sawn off 32 case.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

    "Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

    SASS Life Member No 82047

    http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

    Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

    From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

  9. #1529
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I'd been wanting one of these for awhile, and the stars finally came together.
    Nice. Yeah, I too went a little crazy over one during Christmas last year. They had some good sales and coupons to use at the time. I got the rubber grips and the jumbo walnut grips for it too.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bond_Arms_Texas_Defender_45acp_05.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	236482

  10. #1530
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    I did too, but when I got it I realised that it was a 38Special case. The guy I got it off said that the Astra badge was missing from that side when
    he bought it many years previously and the hole was too big for a 32S&W Long case head. My friend has a mill, I'm thinking of getting him to machine the 38Special casehead out to take a sawn off 32 case.
    Nice gun, I do like the 32 S&W long handguns too.
    Are you sure it wasn't made for a 32-20 cartridge? I noticed that we had quite a few Spanish made guns pop up recently around here that were chambered for the 32-20 rounds. Some gun stores had them labeled as S&W but there were no markings on them as to brand, etc.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 02-21-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: add more info

  11. #1531
    Boolit Grand Master Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    Nice gun, I do like the 32 S&W long handguns too.
    Are you sure it wasn't made for a 32-20 cartridge? I noticed that we had quite a few Spanish made guns pop up recently around here that were chambered for the 32-20 rounds. Some gun stores had them labeled as S&W but there were no markings on them as to brand, etc.
    It came with several hundred loaded cases and dies and the cases are ok when fired, so I think 32S&W Long.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

    "Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

    SASS Life Member No 82047

    http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

    Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

    From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

  12. #1532
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    187
    Rem 700 264 Winny bought right here !

  13. #1533
    Boolit Buddy
    Winger Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    Nice. Yeah, I too went a little crazy over one during Christmas last year. They had some good sales and coupons to use at the time. I got the rubber grips and the jumbo walnut grips for it too.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bond_Arms_Texas_Defender_45acp_05.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	236482
    Wow. Leave a few barrels for everybody else!
    Everyone can learn from their mistakes. However; it's less painful, and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of others.

    Never pick a fight with old people. If they don't think they can win, they'll kill you.

  14. #1534
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    It came with several hundred loaded cases and dies and the cases are ok when fired, so I think 32S&W Long.
    OH, OK. I misunderstood your earlier post about the .38 Special case fitting in the revolver cylinder.

  15. #1535
    Boolit Grand Master Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    OH, OK. I misunderstood your earlier post about the .38 Special case fitting in the revolver cylinder.
    No, haha, he just used a 38Special Case head to fill the hole left in te stock by the missing badge..
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

    "Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

    SASS Life Member No 82047

    http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

    Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

    From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

  16. #1536
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Outside Rolla, Missouri
    Posts
    925
    A very nice Haenel/Aydt, carved and engraved Schuetzen rifle in 8.15 X 46R. Case colors are still 95%+ and bore is perfect. It shoots too.
    "In general, the art of government is to take as much money as possible from one class of citizens and give it to another class of citizens" Voltaire'

    The common virtue of capitalism is the sharing of equal opportunity. The common vice of socialism is the equal sharing of misery

    NRA Benefactor 2008

  17. #1537
    Boolit Grand Master



    jonp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Planet Reality
    Posts
    5,721
    Ruger M77 African. .416 Ruger
    NRA Benefactor Life

    Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
    Bastiat
    The further society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it
    George Orwell

    Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux
    Tu Ne Cede Malis, Sed Contra Audentior Ito.

  18. #1538
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2
    QS Penna Seven 102 KP in 7x23 mm penna.
    66 gr RNCP at 1400ft/s.

    M.

    Poslano z mojega SM-G388F z uporabo Tapatalk

  19. #1539
    Boolit Buddy JoeJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Arkansas Delta
    Posts
    313
    Smith and Wesson Model 67 no dash. Quite accurate with wad-cutters.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0582.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	236556

  20. #1540
    Boolit Grand Master



    jonp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Planet Reality
    Posts
    5,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    QS Penna Seven 102 KP in 7x23 mm penna.
    66 gr RNCP at 1400ft/s.

    M.

    Poslano z mojega SM-G388F z uporabo Tapatalk
    That rang a bell from a few years ago when I was looking up loading information for Vectan powder and ran across some Italian sites that had it. I haven't seen anything else about it since. How do you like it and the round? Supposed to be low recoil but high penetration. Is Fiocchi making the ammunition?
    NRA Benefactor Life

    Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
    Bastiat
    The further society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it
    George Orwell

    Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux
    Tu Ne Cede Malis, Sed Contra Audentior Ito.

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677787980 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check