RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox
Page 33 of 133 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Master
    Latest purchases, but not to be the last if I live another couple weeks, TC Omega to be a donor action for a 45 cal SML build. Now looking at 2 Remmy 700ML disasters to be donors for SML builds. And have 3 Savage ML2 to evaluate for purchase as trade bait. Being retired and addicted to building SML is great fun. 10
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Boolit Master

Sears model 200 (winchester model 1200) 20 ga pump, 3" w/28" mod barrel, great condition circa 1964. tee hee...back to the future, no dove is safe! oh yeah, $200
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 ga View Post
    Latest purchases, but not to be the last if I live another couple weeks, TC Omega to be a donor action for a 45 cal SML build. Now looking at 2 Remmy 700ML disasters to be donors for SML builds.
    SML? Obviously staring me in the face, but I can't for the life of me work this out at the moment.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Smokeless muzzle loader

Muzzle loading, but using smokeless and shotgun primers is that it? Does that get you hunting in primitive firearm season?

We don't have firearm specific hunting seasons (apart from waterfowl) as such in Australia, but in my State certain species of deer can only be shot in Fall and Winter.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Savage FCP-SR its getting A Burris xtr II 5-25x50 (just bought while on sale) and a Accuracy International chassis. I got the 20"

Next year this one may get rebarreled to a 6.5 or 6mm

Boolit Master

Savage 116 Bear hunter in 338 Federal along with a custom McMillan stock ordered and am dropping a Luepy 3-10X50MM on top of a nightforce 20MOA rail.

Wonderful wife let me buy it for my birthday! Reason for McMillan? Shortest pull length in the world and nothing I know will cut back a hollow accustock. Someday I'll die, kids will sell my gun collection and someone will think they got the deal of the century......right up until they shoulder it when they think "What dad-burned midget owned these guns???"

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Efin View Post
    A Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 and a Mosin Nagant.
    So Efin how do you like that RPR 308? I have one with a Shepherd 6-18X40 DRS and it's by far the best out of the box rifle I've ever owned. Even with factory fodder it shoots sub MOA all day long and 2" @300 yards the norm.

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    Muzzle loading, but using smokeless and shotgun primers is that it? Does that get you hunting in primitive firearm season?

We don't have firearm specific hunting seasons (apart from waterfowl) as such in Australia, but in my State certain species of deer can only be shot in Fall and Winter.
    I have no idea. I only know what SML means. FWIW, Pennsylvania's primitive firearm season requires flintlocks and black and that is the only thing I admire about Pennsylvania.

In Texas it was once said, "The season is three months long! Why do you need a "special" season? Use what you want!!!"

AND in Texas the .25 ACP is legal for deer by golly. Pennsylvania is beautiful between Pittsburg and Philly. I know because we drove there one day.
    No new gun this week-oh wait my brother gave me a broken 1911 Win 12 ga!
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post

Here in Virginia it is "muzzleloader" season. Requirements are that is loads from the muzzle, minimum of 45 cal and 38 minimum caliber projectile. That's about the restriction. Most smokers are ok out to 200 yds +-, the primitive guns are good to 150 if you practice. With the SML it's well you can shoot moa with a good one out to 400+ if ya have the $ to put in. Like with most shooting it's the barrels that make the difference for most guns. I don't really shoot hot loads so I'm shooting 200 gr to 325 gr bullets at 2200 to 2800 fps depending on which gun it is.

I started shooting ML and black powder in 1960 and traditional type guns were the only thing available until the early 2000s and Savage came out with the smokeless muzzleloader. SML is pretty much a niche group of shooters and is not really for the casual type ML hunter for 3 days a year or just for the "special" seasons. Here the regulations are shotgun or ML only for deer. No CF rifles permitted. The SML is way the best shooter to use for stand and still and beanfield hunting, way above any slug shooting shotgun out there for 1 shot. Check out the link to the Pittman bullets site for what you can do with SML. 10

https://www.pittmanbullets.com/
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Boolit Master
    A CZ 512 in .22WMR. Added a 6X scope and it shoots great!
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    PSA AR-10 308 with 18"bbl

Thanks 10Ga.

Banned
    Just picked up a S&W Shield .45. Light little gun. The mags were impossible to load by hand. Used a mag loader & ran the rounds in & out several times & then could get the first 3 in by hand. Left them loaded & will check in AM to see if they are better. Then will shoot it.

CDNN has them for $299 after S&W rebate if anyones interested. Thought that was cheap enough to try it out.

Tygar, my wife's 9mm and my .40 Shields have been stellar. Let us know how that .45 does. You got a great deal.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Man
    Remington 700 R-5 in .260, changed out the factory sand with black web stock for a B&C sand with black web cut down to my specs. I have a new Vortex 4x14x44 HST that's going on it, and i traded out the trigger for a Timney. It's all put together except for the scope. Sure hope it performs like my 7 mm mag sendero does.

Boolit Bub
    Browning Citori Grade 3

80's italian Bernardelli Mod. PO18s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170429_123753.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	194271
    E Svizzeri sono armatissimi e liberissimi.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY...7s-n6LwwJNbPGg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by poacherjo View Post
    Browning Citori Grade 3
    ewwww, really love the Browning Hi grades!

Page 33 of 133 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast