Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 100 of 133 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2644

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Well, I was visiting my Nomadic brother in his hippie bus as he was loading .338s for his trek to Montana. Leaning against the driver seat was a factory straight grip 20 gauge H&R Topper, the same one he got from me a couple of years back. Oh No, says I- for Montana you need a 12..... Next morning I traded him my CBC Brazilian shorty for the Topper. From a truck to a sports car.
    Here it is with its cousin the 44 WCF. It will need a fitted pad and a new butt cuff for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You did good on that trade ! It looks like the receiver on the new one was either blued or possibly a SB 2 rifle receiver . Was that gun also a " river rat " from a earlier time ?

Jedman

Boolit Master
    Last gun I bought? Lessee ... that would be my beloved Rem Mtn. in .30-06, bought new in 1995. Used it for southern WT deer and love it. But, truth be told, it's no more loveable and deadly than my very old Marlin 336/.35 or my now old (first edition) W'bly Vanguard in .243. Sadly for me, they are still as good as ever but ... I'm not.

Tikka T3x TAC A1 in 6.5 CM ... so far she's a good shooter.

Boolit Master
    I had bought the parts for a AR10 in .308 Win, with a 18 inch heavy barrel, a couple of years ago. With the virus lockdown I finally got around to putting it all together. I had to do some minor gunsmithing to it though. The bump on top of the lower threaded buffer tube was about 1/32" of a inch too high and it bumped up against the charging handle preventing the upper and lower from fitting together. A little machining to take a little off the top Worked nicely. Then the rear takedown tab on the upper was about 0.002" inches too tall and it bumped against the inside of the lower. Both measured 0.5" thus it was about a thousandths or two off of letting the take down pin slide through nicely. Machining a couple thousandths off fixed that problem too. Finally the bolt catch/release thumb tab was about a 1/16" of a inch too long and it wouldn't fit into the recess on the upper. So a little off the top for it too. Anyway, everything else went together with no problems. it is always those little teeny details that can get you sometimes. I think that the only part I hate installing is the little spring and pin for the front take down pin. I use a clear dry cleaning clothes bag when I mess with it as I wind up with the little detent pin shooting away numerous times before I get the take down pin to go in OK. Very easy to lose that little teeny pin too. Anyway, these things are like Legos for adults. Prices were way more cheaper a couple of years ago. I actually bought a extra .308 barrel for it when they had it on sale for a really low price back then too. I sort of choke and gag at the prices today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AR308_05.jpg  
    Last edited by Earlwb; 05-03-2020 at 11:43 AM. Reason: add more info

Boolit Master
    Just purchased some handguns that I been putting off buying. Prices have seemed to drop in the last month or two so glad I waited.
    First up is a BFR Bisley in 475/480 with the 6.5 inch barrel. Plan on getting back into deer hunting with a revolver and this should be perfect as my shots will be under 50 yards. Will add a red dot to it.
    CZ P-09, high capacity 9mm and its DA/SA. Perfect for home defense.
    Sig 220R, Always wanted a Sig and a dealer on Gunbrokers is selling them NIB for less than $800 so I snagged one. Another one that's great for home defense.
    East Tennessee

I got a Winchester model 70 in 222 Remington, cheap, it’s rough on the outside but, wow, the barrel is like new, and still with factory bedding, the barrel is touching the stock on one side, price? $400.00 Aussie dollars , Roo

Boolit Master

These were my last purchase. Cricket and RIA compact 45.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8407.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	262421
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	tingle1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	262423 I finally found a Tingle Model of 1960 in 40 caliber.Made by Bob Tingle of Shelbyville, Indiana

Banned
    I stopped by Cabela's Saturday and a Remington 514 single shot 22 followed me home. Box of ammo, new soft case and rifle for a Ben Franklin.
    It's in good shape though I will refinish the stock and polish the metal but not re-blue it. It's a good addition to the other 22 single shots inn the locker.

Boolit Master

I picked up a S&W 25-9 45 colt 5 in bbl unfluted cylinder. It appeared to be unfired or really well taken care of. Chamber mouths all measure .452. It shoots better than I can.

Gmsharps

Boolit Master
    T/C pro hunter 7mm stainless with realtree furniture

Uberti 1866 "Winchester" 19" carbine in .45 Colt from Cabelas...on sale $250 off.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Zastava M70 270Win
    https://i.postimg.cc/W4tKCx8t/20181231-10001.jpg

My first attempt at using postimage.org.
    I haven't figured out how to post the actual photo yet.

This will be my main hunting rifle, using jacketed bullets.
    I also have a couple of Ruger American Compacts in 223 and 308. The 308 will see cast boolit hunting as well.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Not quite sure ... I haven't bought it yet! (But I'm monitoring a couple more in an upcoming online auction ...)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Name:	IM006500.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	262848

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post

Name:	IM006500.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	262848
    A 400 and a 600? Frijoles Frio Mi Amigo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Name:	IM006501.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	262852

Ahh, yes, TbG, with your usual perception you hit the nail on the head. Here we are after a few hours used for close inspection and deep cleaning. The 600 is in great shape. The 400 is mostly in great shape, except that somewhere in its life it was visited by Mr. Bubba Goodwrench who tried disassembling the barrel bushing retaining nut with some sort of tool, thus smearing the fine Spanish checkering; and in the window beneath the right side slide retraction grooves (not visible without removing the slide) where two of the unique "L" shaped pins are located, he broke off the top leg of the firing pin retention pin. So now there's just a headless pin there, but it is serving its purpose of holding in the firing pin, and no immediate remedial action is contemplated. I might, just might, be able to get ahold of the very short stub with some needle nose pliers and pull it out, but the odds are just so-so. It would be a real bear to try and drill out, the pin being both small and hardened. The grips are not too attractive, and I'll likely replace them, either with some of the polymer black plastic replicas or some better looking wood. The grip screws are all chewed up and unattractive. I'll be looking for some new condition replacements, but if I have to I can recut the slots, remove the burrs, and cold blue them. Triple K actually sells theses screws......for $9 each! So let's see.. 8x9+= $72 ! Almost worth the file work, isn't it! Sometime, probably a couple of pages from now, I'll post a photo of the completed project.

That's a mighty nice looking rifle, Four Fingers. Zastava makes some quality guns. I have a Mk X and a Mini-Mauser made by them, good rifles.

Boolit Master

Hi all,
    I recently bought a Browning B78 in .25-06, but it still hasn't made it to me. Once it does, I'll send it on to John Taylor to have it rebarreled in .260 REM. I've always wanted an '85 High Wall or Low Wall for that cartridge, but like Unicorns, they're extremely rare (and expensive,) so I'm doing the next best thing...having one built.
    Ed

Name:	Browning-B78-25-06-very-nice_101429305_64671_B66A74A2A1255802.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	262860

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Thanks Der Gebirsjager. I like the Zasatvas, I have several, a MkX in 3006 that I bought in the 80s (with a plastic noise maker RamLine stock, haha), a 270Win with a synthetic stock ( I was trying to get a Wooden stock for it, but the new rifle shipped from my friend's shop interstate wasn't much dearer and I get to sell the plastic stocked one, so will only be out around $200).
    I was also looking for a 375H&H a few years ago, couldn't find one anywhere, so ended up buying a 9.3x62 (synthetic as well) and two weeks later, before I had fired it, picked up a matching pair in 375H&H and 458WM, both wood, both reinished nicely, both fitted with new Weaver 1..5-3X scopes, complete with dies and a heap of factory ammo and a few empty cases. A guy who works with my son had his wife suddenly leave him and he needed cash quickly. I got a good deal, but didn't rob him, just gave him what he asked for them.
    Thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, at the gun show a couple of months ago, I picked up an old 243 Alpine in great condition with a lovely 8X old steel Weaver scope, which will probably end up on my 222 Remington 788.
    They are great rifles and great value in Australia.
    I need to shed a few though.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Page 100 of 133 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast