RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 27 of 132 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Master
    Brand new Ruger LCR .357 Mag. for just a lil over $400. Bought it for the missus.

Moderator Emeritus

I suppose I should update my previous post.
    I just picked up a new Henry Big Boy from the LGS (that I ordered) ...41 Mag.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    What about one of these? It will work on either side, revolver fits in either way. I bought it a couple of years ago from Sportsman's Guide, if I recall correctly, and think it was under $20. I don't use the hammer retention loop.
    Attachment 188931Attachment 188932
    Back-belt loop Front
    Click to enlarge.
    Thanks. I just looked it up and it looks good. I've been looking at Mernickle holsters but they are pricey. They do look nice though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0138.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	188968

Just picked up a Cimarron 1871-72 open top in 38 Special. I'm in the process of dehorning it now.
    The ejector housing slot is razor sharp as is the screw head that holds the loading gate on.
    Looking forward to some range time in the near future.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I found the "N" frame triple lock donor for the double action Colts project . Ruined screws , chopped bbl , excessively polished , 4/6 lock up tight , 1 has just enough to call it wiggle and 1 that is generally loose . Replaced crane .
    The price was right though .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Jonb nice choice sir!

For me the second car gun, Phoenix Arms HP-22a 10 shot .22lr for 125$. It arrived, I disabled the unwanted safetys, added a second magazine, set it up in a small zippered case with a 100 round box of ammo and it sits in the pocket of the driver side door out of sight.

Dang cheap insurance policy. Hope to never need to fire it in anger. But better to have and not need than to need and not have in my book.

Mods were simple, remove a small metal piece that prevents magazine button from being depressed when it is on safe, another small piece that prevents action being opened while on safe, and the magazine disconnect that prevents gun from being fired with no magazine in the gun. All told to do that and switch the 3" barrel for a 5" barrel took 15 minutes.

Range trip soon.

Boolit Master
    Just got home from an annual gun auction with a new toy, an H&R single shot mod.157 in 30-30, the model with the full length forearm, in VG condition. I think it will make a splendid mouse fart load shooter. $250 too much?

Boolit Master
    Hi Longshot1154.Pricey,Yes.But then there is the old joke about two different prices for oats.One price is for fresh from the field.The OTHER is for oats that have been through the mule.How much is your and your loved ones safety worth?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr-Guy View Post
    Just got home from an annual gun auction with a new toy, an H&R single shot mod.157 in 30-30, the model with the full length forearm, in VG condition. I think it will make a splendid mouse fart load shooter. $250 too much?
    Just about right, from where I sit. They usually run about 250-290 hereabouts--except when I was looking for one. (One of the Vagaries of Supply and demand; the more I want something, the more it will suddenly and inexplicably rise in price).
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Just about right, from where I sit. They usually run about 250-290 hereabouts--except when I was looking for one. (One of the Vagaries of Supply and demand; the more I want something, the more it will suddenly and inexplicably rise in price).
    What's it worth? The old "are you selling or buying?" scenario. They seem to be expensive when you are buying and no one wants them when you are selling. D'Oh!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    I just made a deal today on a synthetic stocked Chiappa M1-9 carbine. (An M1 carbine clone in 9mm Luger using Beretta model 92 magazines) I should see it in a few days. Hopefully it'll make a fun and accurate plinker for the missus to shoot. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

https://www.chiappafirearms.com/p.php?id=203
    Not I, but I've been eyeballing them and can't wait to read your experiences with it!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHorseCowboy View Post
    Not I, but I've been eyeballing them and can't wait to read your experiences with it!
    Still waiting for the Chiappa M1-9 carbine to arrive, but the supplied tracking number says it should arrive sometime this Friday. I'll test fire it with the factory open sights first then will try to find a suitable base to attach a spare red dot sight that is sitting on my bench looking for a new home.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy2756 View Post
    Just picked up a Cimarron 1871-72 open top in 38 Special. I'm in the process of dehorning it now.
    The ejector housing slot is razor sharp as is the screw head that holds the loading gate on.
    Looking forward to some range time in the near future.
    Those are great revolvers. Shoot it one handed and try not to smile. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    a ruger ssm .32 mag. 6 1/2 inch barrel. paid $400 for it. before that a ruger o.m. Blackhawk 4 5/8 barrel. in .41 mag.it is mint.

Boolit Grand Master
    Like "waco" I bought one of the 223's from Cabelas, but mine is now a 223 ackley improved!!!

Boolit Buddy
    1951 Marlin 336 sporting carbine deluxe in 35 Remington.

Boolit Master

Ruger

Ruger precision rifle 308. Have a Shepherd DRS 6-18X40 coming for it. I have a Loopy on it now. This is the best Rifle out of the box I ever owned. Minute of angle from the first shot, banged steel at 500 yds but a lot of that was luck and the fact I've put about a thousand rounds downrange this year. OH! Trigger out of the box is 2.5lbs. Love my Rugers!!!!
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Picking up a Ruger nm Blackhawk in .45 Colt w/ 6 1/2" barrel tomorrow. Hope to shoot it this weekend, then send the cylinder to DougGuy for honing. Have visions of getting a fat Whitetail with it next Fall! hc18flyer

Boolit Bub
    An old Sheridan Blue Streak.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    An April 1918 ,1917 reduced to a 3 3/16" triple lock with too much end play in the cylinder .
    Attachment 189397
    Still dead sexy .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 27 of 132 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast