Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 28 of 132 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Attachment 189580Winchester model 100 1961 serial number 7195 in 308 Attachment 189581

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Still waiting for the Chiappa M1-9 carbine to arrive, but the supplied tracking number says it should arrive sometime this Friday. I'll test fire it with the factory open sights first then will try to find a suitable base to attach a spare red dot sight that is sitting on my bench looking for a new home.
    I had one and it was a reliable and fun gun to shoot after getting a couple of bugs worked out.
    On mine, the peep sight on the back worked loose after a very few shots and would need to be staked down better than they did it at the factory or removed. The receiver has a grooved mount cut in the top so you could get a grooved to Picatinny adapter for your red dot which is the route I took. It shot great with the red dot on it.
    I found a reflex site that was built for a grooved receiver. This let the sight get much lower so the cheek weld to the stock worked much better.
    Mine preferred heavier cast boolits but would shoot any jacketed well.
    Keep the action well lubricated and it will work fine.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    We had a rich guy who used to come to the range in Sydney every Sunday. He would fire off a minimum of 100 rounds and never picked up the brass. A few of us woud stand behind him, catching the brass. We all ended up with more 308 brass than we needed.

One Sunday, after a year or so of this treatment (he hunted with it as well, he owned a big grazing property a few hours drive from Sydney), he experienced a few hiccups and jams. The following Sunday, he turned up with a new Winchester 100 and had at it again, haha.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    A s and w model 64 stanless 4inch police trade in 38 special . This revolver has a really good trigger in sa and da

What is the last gun you bought?

Bought a ruger 9e to go along with my sr9c. Almost bought the RAP in 9mm as the LGS had the best price on them I have seen. But, I can interchange the 17 round mags with both the sr9c and 9e so compatibility won out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far this year have bought 3, S&W revolvers a 25-5, 25-2, 14 and a Stevens Favorite 22 Rifle.

Boolit Man
    Glock 40 MOS 10mm with a Burris Fast fire 3 red dot

Boolit Master
    Savage Hog Hunter in 338 Federal.

Remington model 700 Tactical 300 ACC Blackout

Boolit Master
    A 5-1/2" Blue Blackhawk 45 Colt.

Boolit Master
    Well my new has changed already . Sent funds out today for a circa 1896 Parker GH 12 gauge with Damascus 32" barrels .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    Savage Hog Hunter in 338 Federal.
    Played with a suppressed Hog Hunter in 308 shooting sub sonic for awhile . I always liked the 338 Federal so naturally I wouldn't mind trying one in the 338 Federal also ,

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I had one and it was a reliable and fun gun to shoot after getting a couple of bugs worked out.
    On mine, the peep sight on the back worked loose after a very few shots and would need to be staked down better than they did it at the factory or removed. The receiver has a grooved mount cut in the top so you could get a grooved to Picatinny adapter for your red dot which is the route I took. It shot great with the red dot on it.
    I found a reflex site that was built for a grooved receiver. This let the sight get much lower so the cheek weld to the stock worked much better.
    Mine preferred heavier cast boolits but would shoot any jacketed well.
    Keep the action well lubricated and it will work fine.
    OK, thanks for the tips! It just arrived in yesterday's mail and I'm going to head up to our local range on Thursday to test fire it for the first time. Where did you find the adapter base to put a Picatinny mount onto the grooved integral bases that are on the receiver? They look larger than a standard .22 groove, but I haven't measured them yet ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Mold
    Marlin 1895, 22" barrel in 45-70. Love those lever guns with a big hole in the end of the barrel.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WI Shooter View Post
    Marlin 1895, 22" barrel in 45-70. Love those lever guns with a big hole in the end of the barrel.
    Punkin rollers!
    Mine is a 444.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Mold
    Hi, last few months were very good for me.
    January: S&W 625-8 4" revolver (sold for it a Ruger GP100 357) and Marlin X7VH .308win rifle with Vortex optics (from wife unknown founds),
    February: 7mm Penna semi auto pistol serial 00027 (sold for it a Ruger SP101 in 9x19)
    March: Benelli Nova shotgun (sold a China copy of Remington 870).

Boolit Buddy
    Tikka T3 Hunter 6.5x55 Swede, Blue/wood stock Leupold VX3 3x9x40. Have yet to fire her. Got all the reloading equipment plus 300 new Winchester cases and 400 Hornady 129grn SSt bullets to go along with it. Hell of a deal for the package. I guess a blind squirrel does find a nut once in awhile.

I bought a couple CZ75's, a CZ75B and a CZ75D Compact. Both are nice guns.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    OK, thanks for the tips! It just arrived in yesterday's mail and I'm going to head up to our local range on Thursday to test fire it for the first time. Where did you find the adapter base to put a Picatinny mount onto the grooved integral bases that are on the receiver? They look larger than a standard .22 groove, but I haven't measured them yet ...
    Is this gun C&R eligible, or do you have an FFL? I'm considering either the FFL 1 or 7, won't be bothering with the SOT right away though.

I need to take up a membership with CMP. I'm eligible as a vet, and I THINK CMP can ship to the door of eligible members, would have to double check that though. When I first heard of the program, they had $500 M1 Garands and $200 M1 Carbines. I hear Trump wants to strike down import bans on American made collectibles from overseas, so maybe we can get our hands on the rest of that massive surplus load in Turkey some day soon.

Just picked up a Ruger Precision Rifle in 308, been on order since November, have a Vortex in mind, but still not sure which, I'm Leaning towards the Viper HS-T as I want a scope I can move to my Savage 110 in the future.
    Still need to take it out to the range and break it in...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleysboss View Post
    Tikka T3 Hunter 6.5x55 Swede, Blue/wood stock Leupold VX3 3x9x40. Have yet to fire her. Got all the reloading equipment plus 300 new Winchester cases and 400 Hornady 129grn SSt bullets to go along with it. Hell of a deal for the package. I guess a blind squirrel does find a nut once in awhile.
    I've been contemplating a LH Tikka hunter with walnut stock in 260 REM for my wife .

Page 28 of 132 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast