MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 26 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Master
    Model 97 12 gauge and a mossberg 46 tonight at an estate sale.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

My latest is a Hatsan Air rifle, .22 caliber, 1.8 cents per pellet. Roughly 1000 fps and FPE in the 28-30 range. Plenty enough ooomph for varmints out to 50 yards. And is able to be shot in my basement in the winters when getting out to the range is just more hassle than I want to bother with most days.

Still breaking it in but seeing sparks and flashes of accuracy to come. Course 20 feet is pretty close. But 3 almost in 1 hole is not bad.

If anyone else is interested it is the Hatsan 135 QE Vortex 300$ at Pyramydair or Amazon.
    I'm shooting Crossman Premier Hollow Point dome pellets. 9$ per 500.

Boolit Man
    I just picked up the rifle a couple hours ago. We're sitting in my shop and chilling out until it's time to clock out and head home (about ten minutes from now).
    Unfortunately, not making it to the range today. Just have too much to do once I leave here. My lady's birthday is Sunday and I need to prepare for it.

Well, I haven't bought anything for a while now, but today I gave one away! My brother-in-law is out visiting us from Manitoba and he's just getting back into shooting and hunting after many years of being away from it all. When I was out visiting him at Christmas he told me that he'd sold all his guns years ago and that he really regretted selling a .30-30 that he'd originally got from another family member. I took him up to the range today with my niece and I handed him a nice, clean pre-64 Winchester 94 (1958 mfg) in .30-30 that I picked up last year at a decent price. I asked him if he liked it and he said "Yes, it's like the old one I used to have." I said "Well, I'm glad that you like it 'cause this one is yours now!" You could have pushed him over with a feather he was so surprised. I'd loaded up some light practice loads with some 173 grain gc cast boolits and 18.5 grains of IMR4198 and he proceeded to shoot some nice targets with it and put several rounds smack in the middle of the bull on a standard sighting in target. Needless to say he's a happy camper!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Mossberg Patriot in 375 Ruger. Wood/Blue. Kinda like it so far.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyReel View Post
    Mossberg Patriot in 375 Ruger. Wood/Blue. Kinda like it so far.
    I have one the same in 338WM, nice bit of kit and pretty cheap as well. I was tempted by the 375Ruger, but I have a few 375H&Hs already.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Last week I took advantage of the sale at Cabelas to buy a Taurus Mod. 85 to replace my Walther as a carry weapon since arthritis made it tough to rack the Walther's slide. Immediately loaded ten rounds of 38's just to see if it would go bang. It did and I even hit a paper plate at 50 yards with the last round (an accident I am sure but it did make me smile).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp_11120-20170212_152143515992258.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	188440

Darn, I can't get the image to rotate. Well this is my new purchase-- Savage Model 12 in 308 with the Choate, Major Plaster stock. Took it out and did load development on Thursday, it really liked 45 grains of BL-C(2) put 5 holes in one @ 100 yards. I also hit a push pin at the 100 yard. so it is a tack driver. I cant wait to take it out to 200 and 300 next Thursday. Shooting the Speer match BTHP 168 grain. Then I will be shooting my own Swaged 168 grain boolits after We get some more made up. Duke is going to out on a trip for a while so we will get together once he is back and swage up some 168 grain 30 cals.
    Last edited by Pee Wee; 02-19-2017 at 03:16 PM.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Just picked up a new Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06. I posted up here a month or so ago and gave you folks a chance to talk me out of it. Y'all failed. I won it on Gun Broker for $492.00 delivered. Mounted up a Burris 3x9x40 bdc reticle scope. High mount rings, it pulls up right nice every time. I haven't made it to the range yet, but I have some cast loads ready to go. Lee 170 gc, pc'ed, gas checked, 309". I loaded up some Tite Group at 7 grs for my plinkers and a ladder set of H4895 at 38.5 to 40 grs. in 1/2 grain increments. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 40 grs of 4895 should put me in the 2300 fps range? Trying to get up into the 30-30 range with this load for corn crunchers and yotes. Can't wait to get out there. For a budget rifle, I really like this one.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

I was watching this on GUNBROKER for about a month. The best part of it is the seller was right here in
    the city I live in. I finally broke down and got it. S&W Mod 15. When I was in the AF this was the model
    I had to qualify with annually. Been wanting one for a while.Attachment 188666Attachment 188667
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    I was watching this on GUNBROKER for about a month. The best part of it is the seller was right here in
    the city I live in. I finally broke down and got it. S&W Mod 15. When I was in the AF this was the model
    I had to qualify with annually. Been wanting one for a while.Attachment 188666Attachment 188667
    Very nice. The 4" Combat Masterpiece is my favorite S&W revolver of all time. Alas, mine are gone but my wife dotes on her Model 67- but I still like the M15 the best.

Very nice, condorjohn, got mine back on post #408. I worked for (not in) the A.F. for 5 years and carried one every day.

Boolit Master
    Argentine Engineers Carbine, DWM, made in 1899. Great cast shooter, and cute as hell!

Boolit Buddy
    S&W Model 10 in excellent condition at a very good price a couple hours ago. Just couldn't afford to pass it up.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Nice, I carried a Model 10 for 23 1/2 yrs. I have one now, the internals are like new, but it has been carried by security guards for decades and is now matte blued with no sharp corners, haha. It has a broken hammer nose whicch I am in the process of replacing. Probably from handover checks and dry firing. Shoots like a dream, as you would expect from an old Smith. Enjoy your revolver, they were the go to gun for Law Enforcement for most of the last century.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Mossberg .410 pump, never shot a .410 and decided I needed one.

Rod

I took advantage of a sale at Cabela's and bought a new Savage 12FV in .223 for $319
    Aluminum pillar bedded synthetic stock, bull barrel, Accutrigger, jeweled bolt, oversized bolt handle.
    I put a Cabela's brand 4x16x44 FFP scope with Christmas tree style reticle in MOA/MOA on it with Warne bases and Weaver rings(all steel) and a Champion bipod
    All for $690 out the door.
    New sage rat rifle on the cheap.
    I just sold a scope to fund a new Boyd's stock for it. Hope to shoot it Saturday.
    Waco
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	188887Picked this up yesterday. Been wanting a 45lc for a while. Not many options for a concealed holster for lefties.

I just made a deal today on a synthetic stocked Chiappa M1-9 carbine. (An M1 carbine clone in 9mm Luger using Beretta model 92 magazines) I should see it in a few days. Hopefully it'll make a fun and accurate plinker for the missus to shoot. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

https://www.chiappafirearms.com/p.php?id=203
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by longshot1154 View Post

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	188887Picked this up yesterday. Been wanting a 45lc for a while. Not many options for a concealed holster for lefties.
    What about one of these? It will work on either side, revolver fits in either way. I bought it a couple of years ago from Sportsman's Guide, if I recall correctly, and think it was under $20. I don't use the hammer retention loop.
    Attachment 188931Attachment 188932
    Back-belt loop Front
    Click to enlarge.

Page 26 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast