RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 96 of 132 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2635

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    I bought myself a Barrett M82A with the 20 inch barrel in 50 BMG for Christmas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82

Attachment 254984

Tim
    20 inch barrel?
    It probably gives you the same sensation of being hit with a wet blanket everytime you touch it off.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    20 inch barrel?
    It probably gives you the same sensation of being hit with a wet blanket everytime you touch it off.
    The shooter doesn't get much blast or recoil. It kicks less than my 30-06. Anyone near but to the side gets a serious blast from the muzzle brake.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

I got a Remington 700 ADL in 6.5CM today. I usually don't jump on bandwagon but have heard good things about it and thought I'd try It out. I put a Nikon Buckmaxters 3x9x40 on It that I've used before. I might get a 4x12 Nikon or Vortex for it down the road. It seems lighter than the same rifle in .308 and .223. Hopefully, I can get to the range tomorrow (if it's not 11° out) and see how it does. I got some Remington Corelokts and some Federal softpoint both 140 grains. I'm thinking of Hornady Amax or ELDX, just not sure what grain. It will be mostly a range gun but also for Whitetails in Missouri.

Just picked up a gorgeous 657-1 smith

Lucky hawg!

Vendor Sponsor

One of my Virginia friends, fearing the worst, snuck a pre-owned but unfired Para USA P14-45 1911 in Santa's sack and he brought it this way at Christmas.. For safekeeping of course.. Safe.. Keeping.

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    While travelling back to Salt Lake from St George UT on Friday I stopped by a pawn shop / gun shop in Beaver UT. They have a billboard saying that they have Utah's largest selection of guns, it was a decent stock but not spectacular. They did have one rifle that was very tempting, a BSA Enfield in .577, with a breech loading conversion, and in decent condition by appearance. IF .577 cases were available at decent price I would have bought it, but another 100+ yr old wallhanger was not in the cards.

Boolit Buddy

Picked up the Sig Sauer M400 and the Sig Compact two tone 1911 .45, looking forward to a day on the range.

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I finally drank all the KoolAid I could stand. Bought an as new Savage Model 11 in 6.5 Creed. It was one of the package models that Savage offered with a 3x9 Nikon. It has been shot but not enough to show. I am a fanboy of the 6.5 caliber as I own a .264 Win, a 6.5x55 Swed. (In a Win Feather weight) 2 - 6.5 Grendels (a CZ bolt gun and an AR). I have been trying to avoid the Creemoor hype for a couple of years but I finally broke. I am weak!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goryshaw View Post
    While travelling back to Salt Lake from St George UT on Friday I stopped by a pawn shop / gun shop in Beaver UT. They have a billboard saying that they have Utah's largest selection of guns, it was a decent stock but not spectacular. They did have one rifle that was very tempting, a BSA Enfield in .577, with a breech loading conversion, and in decent condition by appearance. IF .577 cases were available at decent price I would have bought it, but another 100+ yr old wallhanger was not in the cards.
    We have several guys that shoot 577s at our range. It sounds like you're talking about a Snider.

Bertram Brass in Australia make the brass (and will even do a custom headstamp if you order enough, haha). Dies are available and moulds are easy to come by.

I have only tripped over one excellent one, but was cash challenged at the time.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Just picked up a S&W 63, 3 inch barrel and a S&W 629 Deluxe with 6.5 inch barrel.
    East Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    We have several guys that shoot 577s at our range. It sounds like you're talking about a Snider.

Bertram Brass in Australia make the brass (and will even do a custom headstamp if you order enough, haha). Dies are available and moulds are easy to come by.

I have only tripped over one excellent one, but was cash challenged at the time.
    Snider conversion rifles are pretty common up here in Canada of course and LOTS of people shoot them. Bertram brass is grossly expensive (and not great quality) so most people buy Magtech 24 gauge brass shotshells and reform them into .577 Snider. Works very well for "shooter" brass ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    Don't know why.

A great little blaster.

Boolit Buddy
    Dry tropics of Australia. Where crocs and Barra rule!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canon de ruben.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	255466

I bought this little fellow.
    Belgian double circa 1840-1850 in 12g.
    Marked Canon de Ruben which is the barrel construction and translated to Barrel of ribbons.
    If anyone can help identify it or provide further info I would appreciate it as I cannot find much.
    As you can see it has extensive carvings etcetera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canon de ruben.png  

Yesterday, I stumbled across a pristine Winchester Model 67A single-shot rifle that someone had bought to my LGS yesterday, about an hour before I happened in the door.

Due to a quick turnover and a dealer unaware of it's current/true value, I was able to snatch it for chump change (less than $100).

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    Yesterday, I stumbled across a pristine Winchester Model 67A single-shot rifle that someone had bought to my LGS yesterday, about an hour before I happened in the door.

Due to a quick turnover and a dealer unaware of it's current/true value, I was able to snatch it for chump change (less than $100).

Very, very well done! Let the fun commence- one shot at a time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Start 2020 of with a little retro action with Brownell's take on the Portuguese version of the AR-10. BRN-10B

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRN-10B.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	255542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRN-10B-LH.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	255543

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by If1Hitu View Post
    Heritage Rough-Rider Birdhead .22 lr/mag.Attachment 253496
    hows that little shooter working out? I'd like one of those.

Banned
    1917 Carl Gustafs. Or a Model 96 Swede with no import marks and covered in very old grease, stock included.

Boolit Master

Ruger SR 9 semi-auto to complement the PC9 carbine I bought last year. They will share 17 rd mags.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Page 96 of 132 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast