MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2644

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete44mag View Post
    A Smith & Wesson model 629 deluxe, .44 mag. With a 3" barrel. Picked it up last Friday morning, went to the range and fired 200 rounds of .44 special and 250 rounds of .44 mag Buffalo Bore. My hands still sore.
    I am impressed. I might, maybe, have survived the 44 Special. I would not have lived through the first 2 cylinders of 44 magnum. My hands and wrists would have fallen off.

Boolit Bub
    Deleted

Well, after $250 dollars of Buffalo Bore practice; you should be able to hit whatever you want to with that packin' pistol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    tazman... It was not impressive I shot that amount over the course of about 8 hours. I'm sure with that much rest in between you could have done that also. After a day at the range I know why Hickok 45 says " Its a .44 special with magnums capabilities.".

Texas by God...
    Ammo was a birthday gift from my son. I'm going to need a lot more practice then 450 rounds to be able to hit much with a 3" barrel.

Boolit Bub
    Just ordered an inexpensive BCA 6.5 Grendel Type II upper. Before that I built a 6.8 APR 20" TRIAD upper. Why did I get the 6.5 when I already have the superior 6.8 you ask? I got suckered because it was sooooo "cheap". I bought the 6.5 thinking I could put in on top of my other AR that I am not using, as it was less expensive to buy the BCA than it would be to simply re-barrel and get a bolt for a new upper build. But I had a change of heart and tried to cancel the order, but BCA won't let you cancel an order and charges 15% to re-stock it.. So instead of being out $35 of the $206, I figured it would be worth it to hang onto it... then comes dies, gauges, optics, brass, magazines.... yeah, so much for "cheap"... Originally, before all of this, I was thinking about getting a .277 Wolverine barrel and dies to get a AR companion for my 270. But then I found a super cheap upper receiver and had a billet 80% I hadn't drilled out yet... So I built a 6.8 APR... $600 later... dies, gauges, molds, sizers, optics, brass... Before that, I got a great deal on a SCCY CPX3 to Conceal Carry. I had lost a lot of weight on my Keto diet, and had to finally get new pants (two sizes smaller than I used to wear). And found my KelTec P40 was too tight in them. And the CPX3 was just right. Then I lost more weight, and now the P40 fits again... Doh!! I've spent WAY too much money in the last month on rifles and a pistol I didn't need... Before that I had purchased a Baby Rock 380 because I really wanted one. My FI380 from 1974 had become a jam-o-matic, and I used to love that little gun, but something is worn out and I can't track it down. Its not the mags, or springs or barrel mate... so barring spending $$ to take it to a gunsmith to see if it's savable... Now the baby rock sits in the safe next to my precious other safe queens I use to teach CC classes wtih. I do take them to the range and blow the spiders out of them once every couple of months, but find practicing with my P40 to be a more practical use of my time lining in "da hood" in PDX. We'll see if the Grendel works suppressed as well as the 68 with cast boolits. The 68 is working very well.

Just bought a Beretta 81 in .32acp, 4" barrel fixed sights I believe.

I think they are Italian police turn in's. Price at Classic Firearms was 208$ + 20 for hand pick best of 10, 20$ shipping + 20$ FFL.
    So around 270$ total, plus bought 100 rounds of factory ammo for 30$ until I find brass.

Not bad, you have to watch those dang .32's, they breed!

Banned

Traded for a 1891 Argentine mauser, a model 95 Steyr and a 96 Swedish mauser!

An Eli Whitney rolling block carbine. Center fire but ?? Cartridge......

TbG, sure would like to see a pic or two of that carbine. They are not common and there were a couple different action types.
    I have a Whitney rolling block shotgun in 18 ga. And can't find out anything about it.
    nothing I have found says they ever made a 18 ga. ? I had RMC make me some all brass hulls and I shot a hog with it last year with a single lead round ball.

Jedman

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F12C9517-51B8-465A-AABB-164CE99C82D6.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	247341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD55AD80-ACD6-49D1-B12E-DEDBA8B22C35.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	247339
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    TbG, sure would like to see a pic or two of that carbine. They are not common and there were a couple different action types.
    I have a Whitney rolling block shotgun in 18 ga. And can't find out anything about it.
    nothing I have found says they ever made a 18 ga. ? I had RMC make me some all brass hulls and I shot a hog with it last year with a single lead round ball.

I hope the photos came through. It is rotted inside and out but they’re may be potential for it. I see ridges but no rifling in the bore. A 410 2-1/2” will fit in it if you press it in hard enough but the extractor can’t pull it out. No way will I shoot it until it’s re- lined or something. I can’t read a single letter on it because I can’t find any. The flip up rear sight has the number 900 on the back, above the buttplate the wood is stamped 128- I don’t think the stock is original but the forend has to be.

Jedman

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8B363A0C-FA81-4646-B7B2-6E8316F342FE.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	247344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E7D2A72-5801-4BB5-BF3A-B19381CA7332.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	247345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6CC233C2-340D-408E-9E61-04E7DC2DCCDB.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	247343
    Ok we’ll try that again.
    Last edited by Texas by God; 08-25-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks ! That looks to be the new model that is very similar to a Remington RB.
    Any idea what the bore size is ? Looks to be large CF but could be a metric a foreign military caliber. Neat rifle ! Do you think it is shootable ?
    Sorry I didn't see what you added to the quote about condition and size.

Jedman
    Last edited by Jedman; 08-26-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Didn't see additional information

Just a rough examination but I can't see a chamber mouth or rifling. Surely it was some sort of .45ish caliber. I'll disassemble it later for more clues. It's a cousin's gun and he has no grand visions for it- it will probably be a wall hanger. It does have sights and saddle ring so it was a rifled carbine when new I'm certain. The breech block has a distinct ring as if pounded by untold number of firings.

That looks very much, almost exactly, like my Argentine RB carbine. Same sights, saddle ring, etc. Refer back to page 81, post # 1619 of this thread. You might see if a .43 Spanish cartridge will fit. If you see a difference it's because the fore stock on mine was a total loss and was replaced with a Spanish made part from Gun Parts Corp. (required some fitting and staining) and I added sling swivels. Fortunately, mine has a fairly good bore. Unless you want to preserve it in its original condition as a wall hanger, it's a good candidate for a reincarnation via a re-barrel job, and that opens up all sorts of new cartridge/caliber possibilities. You should be able to find a serviceable breech block, or possibly even resurface that one.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    That looks very much, almost exactly, like my Argentine RB carbine. Same sights, saddle ring, etc. Refer back to page 81, post # 1619 of this thread. You might see if a .43 Spanish cartridge will fit. If you see a difference it's because the fore stock on mine was a total loss and was replaced with a Spanish made part from Gun Parts Corp. (required some fitting and staining) and I added sling swivels. Fortunately, mine has a fairly good bore. Unless you want to preserve it in its original condition as a wall hanger, it's a good candidate for a reincarnation via a re-barrel job, and that opens up all sorts of new cartridge/caliber possibilities. You should be able to find a serviceable breech block, or possibly even resurface that one.

DG
    Thanks, DG. I only called it a Whitney because several google images are of the same appearance. It's lightweight, if it was a .43 Spanish I'm sure the recoil was punishing. I'm going to take it completely down and soak it for a week and see what I can see. If Cuz Johnny gives it to me, it will be tightened and made into a working gun for sure. Even my wallhangers are expected to work.

I just bought a small lot, 3 410 single shots, 2 BA 22lrs, 1 BA 22mg, I 22 pistol , 1 pump 12g and a 22hornet.
    All run of the mill shooters for trading stock. Except Hornet, I'm keeping it.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Enfield No2 Mk1* FTR Marked Rough on the exterior but mechanically excellent!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4s 022.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	247370
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Say, John, I think they were all pretty rough right out of the factory. Especially Albion's product. Fun to shoot, though!

Boolit Bub
    A really nice condition Romanian TT-33 from AIM Surplus. Came with unissued holster. Just started reloading for it but will now need a metal detector to find the brass!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I had the Tanker version like yours CondorJohn. Rough as bags, especially on the outside where it didn't matter, but shot ok. Rough. heavy trigger, but as a battle gun unlikely to ever fail to fire or malfunction and ok for centre mass shots at 10 yards or so.

A Vietnamese couple at the range were funny with it, hubby who is a little guy, computer nerd and University Professor couldn't shoot it one handed and only with great difficulty two handed. His no nonsense, Mother of five, professional chef wife and one of the tiniest women I have ever met whacked five shots off in no time flat. They both had military service in the Viet Army.

When they left, we shook hands, his were of a desk pilot and her tiny hands were calloused and her grip strong. Boy didn't she take the piss on him in their lingo, I couldn't understand it, but you didn't need to understand the lingo to get a good laugh out of it. Classy little lady.
    Last edited by Four Fingers of Death; 08-27-2019 at 11:15 PM.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast