WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 39 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Master
    AR-15 lowers. I have a few projects in mind, one of which I'm slowly working on now. That was 13 months ago.

Boolit Buddy

CZ 452 Ultra Lux, een wanting a known accurate 22, hope this fills the bill.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    1898 Krag sporter. Found it on GB at the right price. Came with the scope mount and I put a Leupold 2-7 M8 scope on it.
    Hopefully going to the range tomorrow with some 311299 and 3031 reloads.Attachment 199935Attachment 199936
    I am jealous. I hope it stacks them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

A Sig 229 police trade-in. One of the guy's I work with is a former officer from the department it came from and knows the guy who carried it. I thought that was pretty cool.

Boolit Master
    .22 TCM on a 1911 platform ...single stack.

2300 feet per second....big boom....big flash...light recoil.

looks like a drill hole in 1/4 th inch steel.

Does buying the same rifle twice count? A few years ago I bought this Remington 700 Tactical from an employee that needed some “financial assistance”. It was your typical 700 SPS; flimsy Houge stock, untrustworthy X-Pro trigger that was under recall and a substandard Simmons Predator 6-24x50 scope that was attached to the rifle with a cheap set of rings. I forced myself to shoot it a few times with lackluster results. I had the though in the back of my mind that I’d get around to upgrading it at a later date. Time passed and it was still a *** hanging in the gun cabinet. A couple of weeks ago, I took the plunge and did the upgrades. I pitched everything except the barrel and action. It now wears a glass skimmed Magpul Hunter 700 stock with the Magpul trigger well that accepts AICS mags. The trigger has been exchanged for a Timney 510 Thin and the scope was replaced with a SWFA 16x-42 attached to a set of Talley rings. The best 5 shot group I got at 100 yards before was .714 inch. The best so far with the improved version is .382 inch. With the upgrades I feel like I paid twice for the same rifle but at least now it is a shooter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2923.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	200529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2937.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	200530

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I have the same rifle 18Bravo. I had barely run the barrel in before it ended up at the back of one of my safes. I have been meaning to drag it out and get it going. I have bought one of those new fangled roller triggers for it. Hopefully, I will get by on the original stock, but I'm not overly confident. I can't see me gettting enough time to do a bedding job on it.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy
    A Ruger American in 450 Bushmaster. Haven't shot it yet but I plan to change that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    I have the same rifle 18Bravo. I had barely run the barrel in before it ended up at the back of one of my safes. I have been meaning to drag it out and get it going. I have bought one of those new fangled roller triggers for it. Hopefully, I will get by on the original stock, but I'm not overly confident. I can't see me gettting enough time to do a bedding job on it.
    The stock and trigger were the worst part of the rifle. Let us know how the new trigger works for you. In the States, if you do your homework, the Magpul stock and trigger well can be had for around 270 USD. Since my set up was for a .223 I had to purchase extra AICS mags since Magpul only sends you 7.62 mags with the short actions.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Bravo View Post
    The stock and trigger were the worst part of the rifle. Let us know how the new trigger works for you. In the States, if you do your homework, the Magpul stock and trigger well can be had for around 270 USD. Since my set up was for a .223 I had to purchase extra AICS mags since Magpul only sends you 7.62 mags with the short actions.
    I didn't realise yours was a 223. Mine is a 308. My mate has a 223 and it was a pita until he had about three hundred rounds through it and it settled down and now shoots well stock. His barrel was probably very rough and needed a bit of traffic to smooth out the bumps.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

just ordered a stainless .243 Tikka Varmint . . . usually use one of the .222/.223 family of cartridges, hoping i will get a bit more range.

R.

Boolit Master
    Few months back I bought a decent Remington 742 from a fellow at work, it belonged to his father and he didn't need it anymore. It hasn't seemed to be shot very much, but for $250 i couldn't pass it up, I'm planning on replacing the weaver k-4 with a new Redfield and better mounts.

My gun dealer friend kicked me out of bed this morning and handed over my new 357Magnum Ruger Blackhawk. I was at the range this afternoon and ran it in on 50 rounds of Factory Jacketed HP Ammo. I was a bit of a handful with the sharp checkering so I used my roping gloves after the first 30 rounds!

rosst, you will gain range for sure. You will love the .243 and that Tikka will bore you with its fine accuracy. Four fingers; I noticed the same thing on my .41 mag Blackhawk. I cured it with careful use of an Emory board.

Boolit Buddy
    A Rossi .357 carbine.

A youth model Savage .22 bolt action for my nephews petite bride( she grew up back East with NO gun experience) for Christmas. AND- a Hi Point 9mm pistol for the truck JIC.

Boolit Master

I wandered into my LGS Wild West Guns in Las Vegas and got to handle a sample "Wolverine" revolver that they had on the counter. It had the best double and single action that I have ever enjoyed on a revolver. I ordered one and months and months later I got it. They cerrocoated 85% of the cylinder in flat black, put the name Wolverine on the left side of the barrel, Wild West Guns on the right side and Las Vegas NV on the bottom. They upgraded the sights to a red ramp sight in front with an adjustable white outline sight at the rear but they also included the brass bead front and wide notch rear sight as well along with the Ruger Scope Rings and a moonclip for .45 ACP's. Check out the link.

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/wolverine/

Then of course I scrounged up some more moonclips and found the best deal at Midway and got a great holster @ SimplyRuggedHolsters.com. It arrived and fits the revolver perfectly and seem quite well made. As soon as I can get some rounds made up in .45 ACP I will be off to the range. I already had some 66 rounds of 454 Casull handloads I put together for a friend. 260 GR Jacketed Soft Point over 34.5 GR of H110 powder that should wake up my clavicals and wrists somewhat. I have no need for a 454 Casull but I plan to have fun anyway with it.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Grand Master

Good evening
    An 1864 Peabody Carbine in 56-50 rim fire. Just may have it all operational next summer to go poke hole in a corn cruncher. Thank you Tex !
    Mike in Peru
    Last edited by missionary5155; 08-02-2017 at 08:56 PM. Reason: added
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5657.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	201024 LEE Enfield chambered in .303 British . - CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Master
    XP100 in 221. Would like to find a xp action or one with a toasted barrel with 473 bolt face.

Page 39 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast