RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: interest in 165 NLG for PC?

Boolit Buddy

interest in 165 NLG for PC?

Is there any interest for a group buy 6 cavity mold that makes 165 grain .358 boolits with no lube groove? I would like a boat tail design to keep them from bulging 9mm cases and a round nose to facilitate consistent feeding in autos as well as when used in moon clips such as for 929's. Making major power factor would be easy and the recoil impulse is a gentle push at those velocities. Many major coated boolit manufacturers have rnpc designs with lube grooves which are gaining in popularity for some applications. No need for the lube groove and the boat tail solves the biggest challenge with boolits of this weight in 9mm's.

I'm in!
    Just what I've been looking for in my 929.

Perhaps it could attract more attention to the buy if the topic for the thread was for example "Mihec 358-165-RN NLG for 9mm"
    Last edited by Whistler; 05-06-2016 at 07:45 AM.
    Shoot from a rest at 25/50/100 yards, then post your groupings. That is the only way to compare accuracy results.

Boolit Buddy
    I got some load data from one of S&W's pros I was shooting with 2 weeks ago. He was using very heavy coated boolits in his 929 and it was obvious that there was negligible recoil. He had the useless comp removed from the end of the barrel. He hadn't gotten around to cutting off the goofy looking nipple that the comp slips over. He (and I) have found the comp worthless. I Locktited mine on since it kept working lose. He gave up and took his off for good. The heaviest cheap, high volume nold I could find was the Lee 150gr rn. I bought a new 6 cavity one for $40 on ebay and went to town. It is not as heavy as I want(he was using 169 grain tips) but it was a cheap experiment. Talk about being pleased with the results! I'm casting ww + 1% sn and tips drop at 152gr. I'm dry tumble PCing with smokes stuff. Sizing to .357 and loading over 2.8gr of Clays at 1.165"oal. Chronoed at 840 fps for a power factor of 128. Very low SD and GREAT groups off sandbags at 25 yards. The recoil is a very soft push which makes quick follow up shots a breeze. My previous load that this particular gun likes was 122gr Lee TC and PC'd over 5.2 of Auto Comp at 1160fps for a 141pf. Book max load that shoots very accurately but is "snappy" to say the least.

Boolit Buddy
    Id like it to actually drop at about .357 or so if possible. anything I have .358 tends to go .359 then add coating and it gets thick to get it to .356. Closer to 170 would also be good since I already do 155s and I am with, go big or go home. Debating round vs flat point.

Boolit Buddy
    Accurate Molds has added the 36-170Z to the catalog. This looks like what we are after for the 929's. Has anyone tried it yet?

Round nose is a must for us revolver shooters, will mess up the fast reloads otherwise.
    Shoot from a rest at 25/50/100 yards, then post your groupings. That is the only way to compare accuracy results.