Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard Corbin

Boolit Man

Richard Corbin

Has anyone heard from Richard Corbin recently? I have sent him several emails in the last month, and have not heard anything back. He had projected 2 sets of dies to be finished by the end of February, again, I have heard nothing. I wonder if he might be sick or maybe even on vacation. Has anyone heard anything?
    Thanks
    Terry

Boolit Master

I think I'll email him Monday. I ordered two sets of dies, 30 cal & 25 cal along with some 6.5 jackets in early March 2015 and havn't heard anything other than acknowledging my order. I know he doesn't hear well and doesn't like to use the phone. My email has been down since last September & I just got it up and running again so I'll try that. I hope everything is OK with him.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy
    I've been ordering jackets from him get them in 3 days, must be working ?
    Inequality is to try to make Unequal things Equal Aristotle

Boolit Buddy
    Same here, jackets. They've taken about a week for me.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got a set of 30 cal dies on order and have been getting updates... Couple of smaller items I ordered came quickly. He just listed new dies in stock on the website as well.

Boolit Man
    Good to hear that other are hearing from him. maybe he is just too busy to get around to his email. Thanks for all the replies.
    Terry

Boolit Master

I exchanged emails with Richard today. He prefers email over phone for the same reason I do, hearing! I asked him about why it has been 15 months and no die sets. I found it was partially my fault. I got a new computer and couldn't access my email because I couldn't remember some twenty year old password. I finally got it fixed last week and went through over 1000 messages. Nothing of consequence and none from Richard.

Richard searched for my order and found it in the finished file although it had not been billed.He couldn't figure out how it got there. It is a paper file and mine must have gotten attached to another. If I had emailed him last fall we could have resolved it much sooner. My dies, jackets, and punch holder will go out next week because he is finishing an 8S 308 set now and I will get it. I could have gotten a 10s four die 308 set today but I opted to wait for the 8S set.

I wrote this because I didn't want to leave the impression I was having problems with Richard. The delay was at least partially my fault.

Bob

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds like you're getting my 8s set... Drat

Boolit Man
    I'm glad to hear things are working out for you guys. I've emailed Richard several times in the last 6 weeks and have not heard anything back. Wonder why? I always email because like others I've heard he prefers that because of his hearing. Always before I's get a return email within a day or two. I wonder if I put something in my email that offended him? I sure hope not, because I love his dies. Really all I said was that he had projected Feb for delivery and was wondering if he had a new projection for them. Well, I guess I'll wait a few weeks then try again. Thanks for all the responses.

Boolit Master

Mckenziedrums, sorry about that. You can get the 10S four die set shipped tomorrow if you email him now. I am one of Richard's biggest fans. I've used them all and Walnut Hills are my favorites. I remember when I asked him about his brother's CSP-2 press so I could use "H" dies with a manual press. He said one of them holds down one end of his bench and would make a good boat anchor. I got one anyway.

Bob

Boolit Buddy
    He may still have a set for me, who knows. Guess we'll see. I was tempted by the 10s but the 8 seems a bit more flexible.

I've been emailing back and forth with him today, got shipping notification for some jackets I ordered. So all must be well. He's swamped with orders, it will take some time for things to come through. I have been seriously looking at designing my own tooling and have local machine shops do the work, of its a matter of wanting to chance it that my designs may need tweaking to work flawlessly or waiting 6 months to a year before I get tooling that works right the first time.

Boolit Man
    I just wish that he would answer my emails. I have sent several emails and none of them have been answered or even acknowledged. Oh well, maybe he'll get around to answering them one of these days.

Are you sure you're using the right e-mail address?

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Man
    yup, I'm using the one he sent to me and "returning" it with my questions. That is unless he changed his email since last November when he responded to my question about my die order.

Boolit Buddy
    Hmmm odd. I've picked up in his emails that he can be a bit... opinionated? He's a bit sporadic in communications but I certainly haven't felt that he's ignored me. Heck I even had him cancel an order for a Walnut Hill since I got one used from a forum member and he didn't seem overly perturbed by it. Of course with the money I've spent there in the past few months I'm probably funding his retirement lol

Boolit Man
    I just got an email from Richard. He said looks like my order will be ready by the end of the month. Wonderful! Another gift for my birthday. Oh well. He'll probably charge me for them anyway.

Boolit Buddy
    Ha... yea he apparently has been working on quite a few recently. I'm bracing the bank account...

Boolit Master

My bank account will take a big hit too. But heck, that's why I worked so long and hard and invested all that money. Now that my fixed expenses are really tiny, I can spend it on what makes me happy.

Bob

Boolit Man
    Looks like my bank account will take a good hit as well. Dies for 9mm, 38, and 45. plus a base protector die..... humm could get expensive. Better treat the little lady very nice on Mother's Day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast