Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: NOE Moulds in the mailbox!

Boolit Grand Master

NOE Moulds in the mailbox!

Picked up two NOE moulds at the PO today. One was Al's version of the 311299 and the other was an RCBS 35-200 clone. I probably have a dozen NOE moulds but this NEVER gets old! Opening that mould box and seeing that shiny, perfect little mould is a wonderful thing. I'll be casting some 311299's (312299) for my 1895 in 30-40 Krag and a few fine hunting rifles in 30-06. I've resisted casting for the 30-06 but finally gave in. Not sure why I got the RCBS 35-200 clone (360200) but it was on sale and I think Scopekiller likes the boolit. I figure if Al put it on sale it may be awhile before I get another chance at one.
    Scrubbed them tonight and drained the 50/50 pot. Think I'll heat-cycle both moulds tomorrow and cast some 311299's if I get time.
    That 311299 is one beautiful boolit! Classic design built on awesome machinery by awesome machinists. I recently acquired a 30-40 Krag 1895 but have decided the 311299 will probably work quite well in my 30-06's. They've been retired since I made my first CB kill but I think this mould may bring some fine rifles out of retirement. I'm thinking the 311299 at about 1900-2000 fps out of my '06 will do the job on TX whitetail and the long, heavy profile will penetrate well on hogs. I wish it had a bigger meplat but will cast them from WW's and do some expansion testing.
    Have a few GB moulds in the works as well, both RD designs. One is for a 380 acp boolit, the other the famous RD 359-190 design. Both will go into production soon, PM if you need a link.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Both great designs! Made better than the originals by NOE, of course.

Thanks for the heads up on the group buys.

Boolit Master

Tex,

How would the guy from Men's Wearhouse put it? "You're gonna like the way they shoot. I GUARANTEE IT!" I picked up Al's 311299 after being introduced to it by my Dad's buddy. What was cool about it was that we did little more than stuff bullets into cases with appropriate charges and started getting great groups with pretty much no really effort for it.

If you're looking for a .30-06 meat bullet, take a look at his copy of the 195 grain RCBS. We picked that one up and use it with the same charge as the 311299. Seems to group comparably - at least not so that a deer would know.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master

I was hoping to use the 312299 for hunting, Bigslug. As mentioned I like a big meplat for hunting but with another Winchester bolt gun I have feeding issues with the FN boolits. Looks like he's running a little low on the 311-195 FN anyway. I really like that RCBS profile, tho, reminds me of the 35-200. I'm thinking air-cooled WW's will give me a soft enough boolit that it will become a FN or maybe even a mushroom when it hits game.
    Yodogsandman; I think Al's tooling issues are letting more people in on the GB's for these two great GB's. I really like my Lee/RD 359-190 but I've come to appreciate the ease of casting Al's moulds bring to the party. I just hope I can get Scopekiller back online someday to use them. I'm looking forward to the 380ACP boolit as well. I have a little EDC Ruger that for some odd reason I really enjoy shooting. I don't like buying bullets for the little thing but Michael and Al have come up with a solution to that. This GB has been a long time coming together.
    Looks like I'll be breaking in the 312299 and 360200 moulds today and casting some 310-165's for my 300 Savage as well. Seems I have a 379279 mould that needs breaking in as well. Guess I better get busy....after one more cup of coffee.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I'm A Honcho!
    Just picked up another swc mold for my 38 spcl.
    I am over 26 Noe molds now new and used....
    You just can not go wrong with NOE's quality and consistency!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wasalmonslayer View Post
    Just picked up another swc mold for my 38 spcl.
    I am over 26 Noe molds now new and used....
    You just can not go wrong with NOE's quality and consistency!
    Which one? Someday maybe I'll have a 92 in .38, need to do something with a big pile of old 38 brass.

Initial session went quite well for the moulds (and a new RCBS Pro-Melt!) but my poor old shoulders had to take a few (OK, several) breaks. Took me awhile to get the hang of the 312299 but the 360200 started dropping great boolits after just a few pours. Have another mould I need to do an "inventory" session with.
    Good day in the loading room!

I'm A Honcho!
    I picked up the 360 150 he just ran on special.
    I have been eyeing it for sometime.
    It has a lot of bearing surface and a short nose so I can use it in my n frame smith 357.

Its this one
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...roducts_id=856

Boolit Grand Master

I saw that one, almost bought it even tho I don't really have a need for one any time soon. Tried to get my shooting buddy to buy it but he bought a brand X.