MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many bullets can you get in a barrel?

Boolit Master
    Seen a model 29 with 7 in the barrel.its stunning that he reloaded and only stopped when the cylinder wouldn't turn.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    In the Customer Service area at Ruger in New Hampshire they have a wall display of a great many sectioned barrel filled up with bullets, as well as sectioned .45-70 barrels with multiple chamber rings located adjacent the bullet bases of every different bullet weight the user tried...
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

There is a bit more to the story, owner said he loaned it to his brother.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    There is a bit more to the story, owner said he loaned it to his brother.

SURE he did! You wouldn't honestly expect him to admit something like would you?
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Now that's NO way to "slug" the bore.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    SURE he did! You wouldn't honestly expect him to admit something like would you?
    Ha, well.. as someone who did something stupid (ramming an almost complete paper towel down a mosin-barrel and getting it well and truly stuck) and then had his brother inquire on these forums as to how to remove it .. it IS possible that he didn't do it directly

Boolit Master

They are born everyday
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master
    John, I guess the next question is " Can you fix this barrel?"
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    John, I guess the next question is " Can you fix this barrel?"
    Already made a new replacement barrel. Not enough wall thickness for a liner. I could have taken out all the bullets but then I would not have a neat picture after cutting the side of the barrel away. The fun of being a gunsmith, wonder what will come in next. Sometimes the bulges in the barrel do not effect accuracy, but then they probably were not target guns to start with.

Boolit Master
    Closest and stupidiest thing like this I did was trying to shoot duplex pellets in my airgun. Too young and dumb to know a worn breech seal I shot and them both stuck. Smart like I was I looked for a thin dowel to push things out. I managed to break it inside the barrel and to let the airgun bear-trap my finger (have the scar to this day) Worst of all it was a loaned gun, I returned it broken and my father slapped my rear end, so I could learn, because he had to pay the gun loaner. Thankfully I learned stuff... But this one surely makes my feat too small...

Boolit Master
    That is a heck of a wall hanger! Just saw one of those Carbines at the gun show yesterday too.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    Almost any rifle, divested of woodwork or all that other stuff some make them of, will stand enough heat to char loose a paper or wood obstruction. Most will for lead alloy. But jammed heavily-jacketed bullets are a big problem.

Boolit Master

So, after the squib, that guy fired a WHOLE MAGAZINE, reloaded, and shot some more before the gas port plugged...

Must be nice to be that lucky. Wonder if he bought a lottery ticket?

Boolit Buddy
    Ok I gotta be the guy that says it....too dxxn dumb to be playing with guns.

Boolit Master
    A friend brought me a nice K-38 with six in the barrel. Apparently the last round of one cylinder squibbed and then they loaded up another cylinder full for rapid double action shooting. Five more bullets stacked up before the barrel split about midway, causing the ejection rod to bend in a way that prevented the cylinder from turning.
    "I don't want men who miss." -Capt. Leander H. McNelly

Boolit Master
    BIS you're right, but at that time I was 10 and not very bright. I could have used a solder rod for example. My father was so upset with me he wouldn't even try to fix the gun... Heck worst than the beating was to stay away from airguns a looong time.... (as a punishment).

Boolit Buddy
    I stuck two in my xd 45 . I was in a competition one afternoon. Ruined my day.
    I remember my gunsmith showing me a 38 Spl. Where a guy stuck 4 in the barrel

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Amazing!
    One thing many do not know is that the action of a Ruger 44 Carbine required a pretty high pressure to simply operate the action. Makes me wonder about this gun's gun, the loads & the "rest of the story."
    Still it speaks HIGHLY of the Ruger quality.

in Remebrance
    Guess I'm lucky. In 30+ years of 'smithing I only had one of those. Fella brought in his kid's Benjamin with 10 pellets in the barrel. Not too bad tapping those back out. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master
    Wow! That is totally amazing. I wonder what he thought he was shooting at and missing. You would think he would have caught on pretty quick.