Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Henyr big boy steel 41 mag

Boolit Buddy

Henyr big boy steel 41 mag

well I dun dun it, got one coming to me. Can't wait till it gets here.

Boolit Grand Master

Not as polished as I'd like but the one I have is a fine shooter. Look down a few threads and you'll see my review with pictures.

Boolit Buddy
    yep, saw it before hand and that's what really made me want to get one.

you a BAAAD BAAD BAD man..

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BigMagShooter View Post
    yep, saw it before hand and that's what really made me want to get one.

you a BAAAD BAAD BAD man..
    Ha. So I've been told.......

Hope you enjoy it. Please add to the review when you get it.

I have one and have had for a while. Mine shoots very well. I have read all the reviews stating people dont like the way there made or the price is to high for the quality of the gun. Thats fine to each there own. Theres one thing amoung all of this that you cannot argue. No one else is making a 41 mag lever at this time. So if you want a 41 lever like I did buy one and shoot it. Its still a nice gun and it shoots good. Al
    NRA Life Member

Guns have two enemies Rust and Politicians

Boolit Master
    I've had mine for over a month and just finally got to shoot it last weekend. Shoots great, definitely more recoil than my .357. I really like both my Henry's, if I had one complaint it would be the finish on the barrel. I wished it had a nice smooth finish with a higher quality bluing but it's not enough of a problem to ever give them up. Very accurate and smooth action and nice trigger.

Boolit Man
    BigAl52 Can you give me a little more info on your accuracy with the gun? maybe let me know what you had the best luck with?
    My other question is what bullets have you used? Reason I ask, I am wondering just how big you were able to get away with , since we all know there is a limit with lever guns. They have to be able to chamber. I have been looking forward to one of these.

jetinteriorguy I do understand about the recoil, ( greater than the 357) but did the pad not help much? Or was it one of those follow up things?

Boolit Grand Master

I shoot a 255gr WFNGC design and it cycles smoother than goose poop on a downhill with wet grass

Boolit Master
    The recoil pad on the .41 is a solid rubber type but the .357 has the softer type with the holes in it. Plus I have really bony shoulders without any extra padding, and I tend to cradle it kind of high so the bottom pointier part of the pad makes the most contact. So for me after 50 rounds of pretty stout magnum loads I can feel it. I need to learn to cradle the whole pad on my shoulder and bring my head down to the sights instead of the sights up to my head.

Boolit Buddy
    got it yesterday, looks like it need a good cleaning.

anything special to know about taking these apart?

Boolit Buddy
    it looks good, feels good action is fairly smooth, or smoother than I expected. I see oil dripping inside it everywhere, so I'll de grease it and lube as needed. Should be fun!

Boolit Buddy
    I have shot mine approximately 300 times with an Accurate Mold 41-210A RNFP, sized .411, and 14.5 grains of 2400. The gun is accurate and I had no problems at all. I like it !

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    That all sounds good to me. Been watching and waiting a bit more. Average price is $665 now. When they were selling at $750 +++ it was kind of worry some. But the feeding frenzy looks to be slowing and the real price will take over. Should not be any more that a caliber .44 or .45 Colt.
    Thanks Doc for posting that the 255 WFNGC works well. That is my goal also... 255-265. If I need more the 336 414SM gets called on.
    Mike in Peru till June
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.