RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've became bubba

Sometimes I have acted like Bubba, but I didn't tell anybody.

Boolit Master
    No go on buffalo when I called today they were mistaken about it being in stock , it's a 2 month wait . I won't be able to stand it . I'm going to take one off of a different mold to play with it this weekend . But I am going to be very careful . Looking back ( I must have a brick for a head sometimes ) .

Boolit Buddy
    If you would like to try salvaging it, send the old out to me here in AZ & I will try to make it usable again for you. Maybe worth a shot for the cost of postage. Jim

Boolit Master

stop misusing and abusing Bubba

just exactly when did a Bubba become other than a quasi affectionate nickname for a really big, good ole southern boy? Heck even the Bubba in Forrest Gump knew it wasn't appropriate.

Just saying only a Dunderhead, Duffus or Bonehead would be using Bubba when the preceding three names provided are more appropriate.

edit added 4/30/16: for clarification on my part, my post was intended as bantering, fun humor. I was not then or now in any way offended by anyone's use of Bubba. My apologies if my post was so written as to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by oley55; 04-30-2016 at 10:07 PM.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I may be bubba I'm a 250 lb southern Va. Boy , and my brothers father in law is nicknamed bone head , or that's what he always called him . Don't get to politically correct around here it is a term affectionately used . I lot of younger siblings call their older brothers bubba , or bubby . I was lovingly called fat boy .

Boolit Master
    I received a sprue plate from a member today for a saeco 4 cavity mold , that I destroyed . Now that is not all this member has done for me ( a total stranger ) . When I originally posted about what I had done this member offered to take a look at it to see if he could help . Then he fixed my damaged plate for me to very useful condition . I had put off ordering a new one because of a two month back order , and then time got away from me . Ill cut to the chase . This member would not let me pay him , and today I get a plate with a note on it that says ( thought of you enjoy with my compliments ) . I would like to thank you Sr it means much more than I have words for . In a small way You have made a difference in the world . Toallmy

Banned

that happens quite a bit around here.

Boolit Master
    I'd get a counter sink chuck it up in the press and try to un Bubba it. (Edit) looks like your already covered.

Boolit Master
    Mica, if I were him I'd try anyway. Bubba'ing stuff is quite the norm when we tinker with stuff and un-bubba'ing it to me is a very valuable skill (which I am trying to learn over the years after destroying a lot of otherwise good stuff )

Boolit Grand Master

A real Bubba would have gotten out his favorite tool......the Dreaded Dremel Rotary Tool !

You at least used a drill press.....Not a bubba just yet !
    You OK , the sprue plate can be replaced.

Boolit Master

In reference to receiving a sprue plate from another member here. Yea, I see a lot of "random acts of kindness "here keeps my faith in humanity alive and occasionally inspires me to similar actions! People on this forum are the best! Tim

I have received things, postage paid and free of charge, from the Outstanding Members of this forum and others. I am grateful and humbled by the random acts of kindness. I was in need of a right handed safety for a Winchester Model 12 shotgun that I purchased, and a guy sent me one free of charge, and it was from a shotgun his father had purchased way back when. Found out later that a replacement part cost $29.00, which for an old guy on fixed income, is not chump change.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12