Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Don't pray to God to keep you safe from the trials

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Seriously? Am I in the Twilight Zone here? Now you think I am a heretic?

Are you honestly saying that Jesus didn't tell us to pray "lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil?" What in the world do you think he meant if it was not to go through bad things?

Does your Bible not record that Jesus told Pilate the one betrayed him had the greater sin? What do you think Jesus meant by this?
    I pray this will help
    http://cornerstonethefoundation.blog...trust-god.html

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.’ James 1:2-4
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    So, no answer to my questions. You simply accuse me of leading people astray and twisting the Bible without showing me how you think I did it (other than disagreeing with you). And now you have diagnosed me as being anxious and depressed. Outstanding!

Yep, Twilight Zone.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    So, no answer to my questions. You simply accuse me of leading people astray and twisting the Bible without showing me how you think I did it (other than disagreeing with you). And now you have diagnosed me as being anxious and depressed. Outstanding!

Yep, Twilight Zone.
    Brother did you read it
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

God will not remove every trial from us for whatever reason and I wouldn't expect this. Life has lots of pain and trouble. But he still wants us to pray for this. We can of course be sure that when we go through various troubles that God will use them for our good. But again, we are told to pray "deliver us from evil."

I think I am going to move on from this discussion with you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234